Herpa free clubmodel predictions - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started
Herpa free clubmodel predictions

Hi, this month the club members get their free model. What do you think it will be?
Here are my three predictions:

1. Etihad Boeing 787-10 Choose China.
Herpa free clubmodel predictions-11118_1602674243.jpg
2. Thai Airways Boeing 777-300 Royal Barge
Herpa free clubmodel predictions-thai4.jpg
3. Air New Zealand Boeing 777-200ER All Blacks
Herpa free clubmodel predictions-normal_12456_zk-okh_b777-200_air_new_zealand_28all_blacks_c_s29_syd.jpg
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2020, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Captain

kev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobbykev747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Herpa free clubmodel predictions

As there were no African releases in the latest batch maybe an African Airline:

-Air Senegal A330-900
-Uganda Airlines A330-800
-Rwandair A330

kev747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Hope it will be a classic model this year. Would hope for an unexpected DC10 or Tristar.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #4
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Hope it will be a classic model this year. Would hope for an unexpected DC10 or Tristar.

Oooh yessssss! Really good idea!

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:53 PM   #5
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp-ace View Post
Oooh yessssss! Really good idea!
But surprised that Herpa hasn't done anything like this, since the Tristar also had it's 50th anniversary and there are many great possibilities still to be made.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #6
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
But surprised that Herpa hasn't done anything like this, since the Tristar also had it's 50th anniversary and there are many great possibilities still to be made.
Honestly, I don't think that's how their planning goes, sadly. I think they just pick from their existing set of moulds and already-licensed liveries. (I actually want more classic A300/ A310/ M11 so bad but they said they are not excited about re-tooling the worn out moulds.)
Old 12-05-2020, 06:56 AM   #7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
Honestly, I don't think that's how their planning goes, sadly. I think they just pick from their existing set of moulds and already-licensed liveries. (I actually want more classic A300/ A310/ M11 so bad but they said they are not excited about re-tooling the worn out moulds.)
Of course they will not re-invent a worn out mold, but fit them to certain anniversaries if it fits. But since they still use the Tristar, A300 and A310 molds as we have seen with some surprising releases over the past years, I think for the Tristar there would have been a chance. I will get in touch with them for it and see what their answer will be.

I would also appluade for more classics, like you. Still plenty of choices to be done, for the A300 even more taken into consideration their second breath life as freighters.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:05 AM   #8
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Like Kev, i also go for African A330neo (Uganda, Senegal or Rwanda)

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #9
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
Of course they will not re-invent a worn out mold, but fit them to certain anniversaries if it fits. But since they still use the Tristar, A300 and A310 molds as we have seen with some surprising releases over the past years, I think for the Tristar there would have been a chance. I will get in touch with them for it and see what their answer will be.

I would also appluade for more classics, like you. Still plenty of choices to be done, for the A300 even more taken into consideration their second breath life as freighters.
Doesn’t it make you wonder that they re-tooled the Concorde mould to make a nose-down version but wouldn’t lift a finger for the MD-11? The last SJ sample in the DL livery that I saw in eBay sold for over a hundred!
Old 12-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #10
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
Doesn’t it make you wonder that they re-tooled the Concorde mould to make a nose-down version but wouldn’t lift a finger for the MD-11? The last SJ sample in the DL livery that I saw in eBay sold for over a hundred!
Maybe the nose of the mold broke off and this way they just had to do a minor change only

The SJ MD11's were the best, loved the SJ molds in general. Really fine models.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

From Herpa:

we planned to send the annual free model with the December issue, and we also published it in that WingsWorld issue, but unfortunately we did not receive the model in time, so that we again have to send it with the Feburary issue. But you will see which one we've choosen as soon as you receive the WingsWorld issue ;-)

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #12
Captain

OK, throwing in my guess now...it is not as unlikely as it used to be anymore
Attached Thumbnails
Herpa free clubmodel predictions-h_dc10_3.jpg  
Old 12-09-2020, 10:08 PM   #13
Earning My Wings

Cat777 is flying under the radar
That’s a good idea !
Philippine or AirFrance’s DC-10 would be nice. But it also would be nice that AerLingus or Thai 737-200
Cat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 06:13 AM   #14
The Dark Side

For me the dream would be an Alitalia MD-11 with registrations: Herpa produced two AZ MD-11s, one in OG and the second one was a shameful hybrid (OG/NG) without registration.
It is a serious missing indeed!

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-10-2020, 04:38 PM   #15
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started

Wow, with the Etihad 787-9 choose Italy i wish come true. One of the most beautiful liveries on the 787. With a bit luck Herpa produce also the last missing ones.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: