Herpa 534178 Neos B787-9. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Herpa 534178 Neos B787-9.

Good afternoon.
Why this thread? Because for me neos B787-9 is a milestone in my immense collection and in Herpa production.
I don't think to have a so important model, not only the model of the year 2020 for me, but also (maybe, i have still to decide to be sure) the most beautiful model ever.
Maybe it is like the first British Airways B747-400 for a British or the first Lufthansa B747-400 for a Deutsch and so on: not so many Italian models produced by Herpa but, along and more than the amazing Blue Panorama B767-300WL, neos B787-9 is a monster of beauty.
I hope to receive my two models soon and to have it in my hands: only then i will be able to understand and to know if it really is the Holy Grail i imagine it is.
Here the Aviation Center Berlin pics

EI-NEO has been delivered to neos in 2017 with the name "Spirit of Italy": a beautiful "Moonflower" because of the lucky combination B787-9 + livery, an amazing special livery for "Spirit of Italy" and for the other three B787-9s delivered (EI-NEU and EI-NEW in 2018, EI-NUA in 2019).
neos B787-9 EI-NEO has been the first "new generation" airplane in Italy: in fact, despite Blue Panorama was the launch customer for the B787, Alitalia planned to buy everything like the A380, B787. A350 (with MY money and the money of the few Italian taxpayers...), Meridiana/Air Italy was ready to operated some Qatar Airways B787-8 (then Meridiana/Air Italy failed), neos has been, still is and maybe will be the only operator for a new generation airplane.
neos management decided to wear the B787-9 in a dedicate livery and the result has been stunning. In fact the six B737-800WL in fleet and the only B767-300WL wear neos regular livery. The three B737 MAX8, EI-RZA, EI-RZB, EI-RZC (now B737-8 because the word "MAX" reminds the almost 400 dead in Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines tragedies) will wear the same livery of the B787-9.

The first days of EI-NEO

I hope someone could enjoy my same passion and love for this airline, airplane and, of course, model: if just one of you will share my same passion i will be extremely happy!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2020, 01:54 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Herpa 534178 Neos B787-9.

I'm happy aswell, that's a wonderful release and I also hope to get mine!
Old 09-18-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
I'm happy aswell, that's a wonderful release and I also hope to get mine!
Thanks Leo, much appreciated.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.

Old 09-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #4
Earning My Wings

kodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting started

Just today I flew with an 787 NEOS, and since part of my collection is made of airplane I flew with, I bought this model more or less one hour ago
kodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodex View Post
Just today I flew with an 787 NEOS, and since part of my collection is made of airplane I flew with, I bought this model more or less one hour ago [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Beautiful way to collect.
What about your flight? What route?

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
Earning My Wings

kodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting startedkodex is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Beautiful way to collect.

Quote:
What about your flight? What route?
I was coming back home to CAG from MXP
kodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #7
The Dark Side

She has arrived!!!
Stay tuned for the pics, for me the "son of the year"!

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #8
The Dark Side

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #9
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

It's a beauty indeed! I saw her several times here in Verona. Not part of any theme on my collection, but perhaps I should purchase it!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
It's a beauty indeed! I saw her several times here in Verona. Not part of any theme on my collection, but perhaps I should purchase it![IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.wings900.com/vb/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Lucky you my friend!

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #11
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Hope to buy this beauty and the TUI 787-9 in a near future!
Old 09-25-2020, 06:28 AM   #12
The Dark Side

The interesting and important news is that Herpa has stretched the nose landing gear!
Now it is 5 mm long instead of 4 mm: this means 2.50 meters in the reality.
I want to remember all that the real nose landing gear of a B787 is 2 meters long, from the fuselage to the ground, so the 4 mm of the previous models were right compared with the 1:1 airplane. But the model looked weird, too low, so Herpa stretched the landing gear to 5 mm.
Here a comparison with the fresh new Vietnam Airlines B787-10, nose landing gear length 4 mm.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #13
Selfie with bros

Stretching the nose gear without stretching the main gears is pointless. Now the model is prone to tail-sitting... the model should be levelled!
Old 09-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #14
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Looks neat Alessandro, happy for you Herpa didn't mess up the production on the NEOS 787!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:14 AM   #15
Earning My Wings

Berthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radar

Quote:
Good afternoon.
Why this thread? Because for me neos B787-9 is a milestone in my immense collection and in Herpa production.
I don't think to have a so important model, not only the model of the year 2020 for me, but also (maybe, i have still to decide to be sure) the most beautiful model ever.
Maybe it is like the first British Airways B747-400 for a British or the first Lufthansa B747-400 for a Deutsch and so on: not so many Italian models produced by Herpa but, along and more than the amazing Blue Panorama B767-300WL, neos B787-9 is a monster of beauty.
I hope to receive my two models soon and to have it in my hands: only then i will be able to understand and to know if it really is the Holy Grail i imagine it is.
Here the Aviation Center Berlin pics

EI-NEO has been delivered to neos in 2017 with the name "Spirit of Italy": a beautiful "Moonflower" because of the lucky combination B787-9 + livery, an amazing special livery for "Spirit of Italy" and for the other three B787-9s delivered (EI-NEU and EI-NEW in 2018, EI-NUA in 2019).
neos B787-9 EI-NEO has been the first "new generation" airplane in Italy: in fact, despite Blue Panorama was the launch customer for the B787, Alitalia planned to buy everything like the A380, B787. A350 (with MY money and the money of the few Italian taxpayers...), Meridiana/Air Italy was ready to operated some Qatar Airways B787-8 (then Meridiana/Air Italy failed), neos has been, still is and maybe will be the only operator for a new generation airplane.
neos management decided to wear the B787-9 in a dedicate livery and the result has been stunning. In fact the six B737-800WL in fleet and the only B767-300WL wear neos regular livery. The three B737 MAX8, EI-RZA, EI-RZB, EI-RZC (now B737-8 because the word "MAX" reminds the almost 400 dead in Lion Air and Ethiopian Airlines tragedies) will wear the same livery of the B787-9.

The first days of EI-NEO

I hope someone could enjoy my same passion and love for this airline, airplane and, of course, model: if just one of you will share my same passion i will be extremely happy!
Hi Charter!
I completely agree with you: it's a stunning livery, fresh, elegant and perfectly fit to the 787-9. I would say a bit like the Alitalia '70s on the 747, for which was specifically intended.
And yes, it's the only future hope message in the disaster of our Italian airlines market, sadly...
Berthus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: