Military airplanes (bombers) in 1:500 scale. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-12-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Military airplanes (bombers) in 1:500 scale.

Good evening.
Before Covid-19 pandemic and following lockdown, i was in talk with Herpa for some military airplanes to produce in 1:500 scale.

Honestly speaking i am always in talk with Herpa for something, but this thread regards 1:500 scale military airplanes, especially bombers.
Herpa produced some military transport models:
- C-130
- P-3
- C-160
- An-22
- An-124
- C-5
- C-17
- A400
My request was for some popular bombers, many of them already produced in 1:200 scale:

B1 Lancer: 45 meter long x 42 meters wingspan = 9 cm long x 8.4 cm wingspan.
Enough big to be produced in 1:500 scale.

B-52 Stratofortress: a myth among the military airplanes, a bomber flying since 1955 and so perfect to be continuously updated keeping state-of-the-art technology.
49 meters long x 56 meters wingspan = 9.8 cm length x 11 cm wingspan, even this model enough big to be produced. And how many of them could be produced? Dozens, i imagine.

B-2 Spirit: 21 meters long x 52 meters wingspan = 4,2 cm long x 10 cm wingspan for this "UFO", a marvel of technology.

Tu-22M Backfire: "one of the most beautiful airplanes ever built", according to many specialized magazines (es. "Aeronautica e Difesa"), 42 meters long x 23 meters/34 meters wingspan (variable sweep wing) = 8,4 cm long x 6,8/4,6 cm wingspan, something would surely improve Herpa 1:500 scale reputation!

Tu-160 Blackjack: yet another wonderful Russian Air Force bomber, 54 meters long x 55/35 meters wingspan (variable-sweep wing) = 10,8 cm x 11/7 cm wingspan.

TU-95 Bear: a myth, like the B-52, Herpa already produced it in 1:200 and it is wonderful! This monster of beauty could easily be produced in 1:500.
46 meters long x 50 meters wingspan = 9,2 cm long x 10 cm wingspan.

Vulcan: one of the most wonderful bombers ever built, a UK workhorse about nuclear "deterrent" and the guest of one of Sean Connery 007 movies ("007 - Thunderball").
30 meters long x 33 cm wingspan = 6 cm long x 6,5 cm wingspan.
Don't you think this model would be one of the best to win the title "model of the year"??!!

Victor: you love or hate it, it appears extremely beautiful or extremely ugly...for me it is amazing! Uk tanker, 35 meters long x 35 meters wingspan = 7 cm x 7 cm for this beautiful airplane.

Do you think there could be space for these beauties in 1:500 scale? If the "simple" C-130 and P-3 Orion have sold so much to be produced again and again, what would happen with these monsters of beauty???!!!
What do you think?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Military airplanes (bombers) in 1:500 scale.

I'd prefer to see them releasing a few civilian models which are quite interesting and still missing:

- Antonov An-12
- Antonov An-24/26
- Ilyushin IL-76TD-90
- Embraer E175/190/195-E2

Antonov An-72/74 and Yakovlev Yak-40/42 would also be very cool, but I think these above would be better.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:53 AM   #3
RJ First Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor

I agree with Leo. It’s not that common to see a bomber at a civilian airport.

Seagull made some. The F-117 is available on eBay.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2020, 05:20 AM   #4
Puddle Jumper

Smooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Good evening.
Before Covid-19 pandemic and following lockdown, i was in talk with Herpa for some military airplanes to produce in 1:500 scale.

Honestly speaking i am always in talk with Herpa for something, but this thread regards 1:500 scale military airplanes, especially bombers.
Herpa produced some military transport models:
- C-130
- P-3
- C-160
- An-22
- An-124
- C-5
- C-17
- A400
My request was for some popular bombers, many of them already produced in 1:200 scale:

B1 Lancer: 45 meter long x 42 meters wingspan = 9 cm long x 8.4 cm wingspan.
Enough big to be produced in 1:500 scale.

B-52 Stratofortress: a myth among the military airplanes, a bomber flying since 1955 and so perfect to be continuously updated keeping state-of-the-art technology.
49 meters long x 56 meters wingspan = 9.8 cm length x 11 cm wingspan, even this model enough big to be produced. And how many of them could be produced? Dozens, i imagine.

B-2 Spirit: 21 meters long x 52 meters wingspan = 4,2 cm long x 10 cm wingspan for this "UFO", a marvel of technology.

Tu-22M Backfire: "one of the most beautiful airplanes ever built", according to many specialized magazines (es. "Aeronautica e Difesa"), 42 meters long x 23 meters/34 meters wingspan (variable sweep wing) = 8,4 cm long x 6,8/4,6 cm wingspan, something would surely improve Herpa 1:500 scale reputation!

Tu-160 Blackjack: yet another wonderful Russian Air Force bomber, 54 meters long x 55/35 meters wingspan (variable-sweep wing) = 10,8 cm x 11/7 cm wingspan.

TU-95 Bear: a myth, like the B-52, Herpa already produced it in 1:200 and it is wonderful! This monster of beauty could easily be produced in 1:500.
46 meters long x 50 meters wingspan = 9,2 cm long x 10 cm wingspan.

Vulcan: one of the most wonderful bombers ever built, a UK workhorse about nuclear "deterrent" and the guest of one of Sean Connery 007 movies ("007 - Thunderball").
30 meters long x 33 cm wingspan = 6 cm long x 6,5 cm wingspan.
Don't you think this model would be one of the best to win the title "model of the year"??!!

Victor: you love or hate it, it appears extremely beautiful or extremely ugly...for me it is amazing! Uk tanker, 35 meters long x 35 meters wingspan = 7 cm x 7 cm for this beautiful airplane.

Do you think there could be space for these beauties in 1:500 scale? If the "simple" C-130 and P-3 Orion have sold so much to be produced again and again, what would happen with these monsters of beauty???!!!
What do you think?

Even though I don't collect military planes, I totally agree with you.
These models will be really beautiful in 1/500. They can at least make a limited edition of each of them.
Smooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
Earning My Wings

ccsctigerjin is flying under the radar

Concur. And hopefully not just replicas of American or Soviet planes.
ccsctigerjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsctigerjin View Post
Concur. And hopefully not just replicas of American or Soviet planes.
Which models would you add?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #7
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

The costs would be rather high for such a small return on these.

Only ones that could really be done using existing moulds would be an A330 MRTT or at a push a RAF VC-10 or Tristar. More likely could be using the C-17 for more air forces.
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:28 AM   #8
Earning My Wings

ccsctigerjin is flying under the radar

Y-20
kj-200
kj-500
kj-2000
a330mrtt
e767
e737
h-6/tu16

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter View Post
which models would you add?
ccsctigerjin is offline   Reply With Quote