What if we created our own models ? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #16
RJ Captain

kamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast icon
Re: What if we created our own models ?

Interesting to see that there are still hope for our scale

and I really hope that one day Herpa will have some really good competitors (At least one)

Well for me if it was a DC-10 I would definitely buy the following:
Fedex
Iberia (90s Livery)
Air France
Philippines Airlines (90s Livery)
Malaysian Airlines (90s Livery)
Ghana Airways (Last Livery)

and If a B777-200 :
Austrian Airlines (New Livery)
United Airlines (New Livery)
KLM (New Livery)
Air New Zealand (All Black)
Qatar Airways
AZAL Azerbaijan Airlines
TAAG - Angola Airlines
PIA
Turkmenistan Airlines

and for the Cargo:
DHL
Turkish Airlines Cargo
Qatar Airways Cargo
Etihad Cargo
Saudia Cargo
China Southern Cargo
EVA Air Cargo
Ethiopian Airlines Cargo

Last edited by kamal; 07-23-2020 at 02:50 AM.
kamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2020, 12:36 AM   #17
Earning My Wings

Cat777 is flying under the radar
I forgot to say about Air France DC-10.I think AFR DC-10 will be sold well,because AFR is very popular airlines and there is no AFR DC-10 1:500 model.Also,Japan Air System airbus rainbow color DC-10 looks good.
Using SNS like Instagram or Twitter might help you.You will get ideas from more people there.
Cat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #18
RJ Second Officer

Claudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributorClaudio BR is a good contributor

Salute the initiative, the optimism and quite an astonishing “detective” work. Bravo.
Now for hurdles commented; I do not quite get the idea of Elite Lima of up to 10 blanks for custom makers. I may be poorly informed, but know of no serial-makers left since PT-TAA stopped – thought only a few now doing customs and for own purposes? And at any rate, generally able to find donors at less cost than any new production. HAJ-9L certainly hits the nail suggesting retailers are a must – without shall never succeed. And Dutch Collector when bringing up the licensing. Question here; why should you register in France or anywhere in western hemisphere for that matter? Why not as Sky500 remain “in some basement” wherever in China, officially simply be their appointed “sales-agent, distributor” thus not legally involved? If that is how Sky500 can do it, why not you? But first, why does airlines like Ryan or EasyJet not accept licensing? Ryan were years ago produced (multiple models) by Schuco/Schabak in 1/600 scale). Get in touch with them, find out … after all, if properly made, most airlines appreciate free advertising, not all requiring “slice of cake”, though as for Ryan, may well be the hurdle.
Just thoughts.
Claudio BR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #19
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

I think it is "dangerous" to start and don't ask for any licence. I think discussing with the airlines is the key. If airlines like Easyjet are not produced by Herpa, perhaps it is because they ask too much, and Herpa don't agree with the deal because the models would be too expensive ?
In the other hand, would I be in trouble if I decide to produce a dead airlines, not famous, like for example a DC10 Aerolyon without any licence ? (because who to contact?) I'm not sure...

Anyway, I'm still exploring, and I will keep you updated a day or another ans thank you for the suggestion above
Old 07-26-2020, 05:36 PM   #20
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Pierre check well: after some years from bankruptcy or ceased operations even the brand stops to have legal value and everything can be produced by everyone. I know this because i discussed a lot with Herpa for Meridiana models and with Meridiana ex managers.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #21
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

I acknowledge your commitment to improve mould quality in 1:500-scale and revive far above average moulds such as the hitherto »Aero500« branded DC-10. But keep in mind that the owner of this brand was so frustrated with his latest DC-10 sales (10 small batches in units of 50), that he saw no market for further releases. In this respect, the question arises what kind of risks he is still willing to take. A firm order of 300 or 200 copies as he suggests could only be accepted by a company (airline or retailer) with corresponding financial and legal background. That would imply reasonable pricing and quality guarantees by the manufacturer. At the current point (COVID-19 crisis) I don’t see any potential clients. And I do not see how a few 1:500-scale enthusiasts could persuade a company to order products, whose competitiveness has been less than convincing in the past (herpa branded DC-10 sales were always a multiple of »Aero500« branded sales). One may regret that most 1:500-scale collectors are less demanding when it comes to true scaling and level of detail and often do not appreciate the »added value« of an »Aero500«-DC-10. But it is also has to be noted, that quite a few »Aero500« products of the last years had quality cutbacks in the form of dodgy printing and poor colour research.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #22
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Thank you for both your advices. The DC 10 is a risky choice indeed. I am looking around what are the other possibilities as well. An A320 would sell better, I suppose. I received a PM with some persons to contact and I see several great opportunities. I will tell you more if something concrete happens.

In the meantime, I contacted several airlines (operating DC10 and A320) to see how they react and what are their requirements. I wasn't aware of what you say Ale about licences for defunct airlines, but I'm not surprised. Another subject to explore is the manufacturer license (Airbus, Boeing, ...) because I suppose they also take their part of the cake.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:32 AM   #23
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Pierre check well: after some years from bankruptcy or ceased operations even the brand stops to have legal value and everything can be produced by everyone. I know this because i discussed a lot with Herpa for Meridiana models and with Meridiana ex managers.
Can, and know this, also complete other way round. Where dodgy coompanies or lawyers or otherts bought brands just to keep the name rights for whatever reason. So not all bankrupt or disappeared airline means it will be free tp produce.

I would be out for 777 and most likely for any A320 for sure.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:43 AM   #24
RJ First Officer

HAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
An A320 would sell better, I suppose. I received a PM with some persons to contact and I see several great opportunities. I will tell you more if something concrete happens.

Another subject to explore is the manufacturer license (Airbus, Boeing, ...) because I suppose they also take their part of the cake.

A A320 mould has the potential to cater for bith collection schemes: Current fleets and - let's call it - semi-classic ones. A DC10 leans more to the classic side and thus might be limited.

Regarding manufactures: Yes, definitely an issue.

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:45 AM   #25
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska
Another subject to explore is the manufacturer license (Airbus, Boeing, ...) because I suppose they also take their part of the cake.
Probably the most important license. Even Sky500 models have a Boeing license.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines

Last edited by Wingslover; 08-01-2020 at 04:48 AM.
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:37 AM   #26
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

For licenses you really have to look at each case. Each airline, defunct or not, has its own way how they handle license issues. The most notable example of course is Pan Am, whose rights are still held by an American rail company. Aero Lloyd have their rights still held by an old company employee.
Therefore, airline licensing of defunct airlines resumes to either investing a lot of time to find the rightful owner, or not paying attention at all but taking the risk without license.
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:39 AM   #27
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Probably the most important license. Even Sky500 models have a Boeing license.
Not sure about that. It could also be that they just printed the logo «*officially licensed by Boeing*» without paying the license, really easy to do that...
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #28
Student pilot

One question, do you know how many unit Herpa/Sky500/Aero500/whatever company you want produces per model ? I've heard everything, from 50 to 3000.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: