Explorative thread: Air Malta A320neo. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Explorative thread: Air Malta A320neo.

Hi.
This is an explorative thread to check the "pulse" of the collectors about Air Malta A320neo.
This model is requested by some members (through PM's) and i, of course, agree with them.
In particular there is a great collector ready to buy three Air Malta A320neo, the entire fleet (Air Malta is currently flying with nine airplanes, 6 A320's and 3 A320neo's).
Would you buy the model? Could fit well in your collections?
Thanks for posting your opinion about it.
P.S. Even less people are realizing customs, just knew another great MASTER abandoned the activity for personal problems.
This means 1:500 world desperately needs of new manufacturers!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #2
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog
Re: Explorative thread: Air Malta A320neo.

I am not interested by this model but I understand collectors who wants it. But I think there are airlines more important to do before (Volotea A319 for example)
I have been asked to do one by a great collector here, but the model is too difficult to make for me as a custom.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I'd support a release of the Air Malta Neo, just not the Nickelodeon livery since it's been repainted already.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #4
RJ Captain

kamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast icon

I would definitely buy the Air Malta A320neo, but not the special livery.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
First Officer

buettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dogbuettni is a top dog
I'd definitely go for the normal livery. It is very artistic, a real eye catcher. I love it!
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a custom maker yet, who could do these three beauties for me....
I know, it is quite difficult, and the decals must be printed on white, which only few can do, so it is indeed a challenge.
Herpa has done challenging models in the past. The Air Tahiti or the Hawaiian I would consider as auch, or various TUIfly 738s.
I really hope and wish that one day my Air Malta fleet is complete.... Only three A320neo missing actually............

My registered fleet (still many items missing):
http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/mycollection/collection-24536.html
buettni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

While it doesn't fit my collection at all, the Air Malta livery is very beautiful! I support the release of this model. However, I agree that only the regular colors should be released.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:37 AM   #7
ATP Captain

cathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dogcathay250 is a top dog

I would buy one!

(And an Aegean 320 Neo)
cathay250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:27 AM   #8
RJ First Officer

HAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributor

As mentioned before in several news prediction threads, a KM A320 Neo would be very welcome - even the special livery...

But those ground scraping engines of the current mould would eliminate my buying interest.

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

sure, why not.....just not with spongebob
Old 07-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #10
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Nothing for me...
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #11
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started

I would buy the normal A320neo and the Nickelodeon livery. But also wait for the A319 and the A320 "Valetta".
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #12
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Wonderful news!!!

We have plans for the Air Malta A320neo, but need to do testing first. The patterns inside the design are not easy do recreate in 1/500 scale

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:47 AM   #13
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
We have plans for the Air Malta A320neo, but need to do testing first. The patterns inside the design are not easy do recreate in 1/500 scale
The normal A320-200 from Air Malta looks very well. It was one of my first models since i restart collecting Herpa in 2015. Or has Herpa lost her knowledge over the years?
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:38 AM   #14
Earning My Wings

TopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributorTopJet is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
The normal A320-200 from Air Malta looks very well. It was one of my first models since i restart collecting Herpa in 2015. Or has Herpa lost her knowledge over the years?

The manufacturing contracts must have changed to an even cheaper supplier since then. They don't have the equipment required to print fine details.
TopJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:47 AM   #15
The Dark Side

Or maybe they are producing the "nickelodeon" model and some small details are difficile to re create.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: