Explorative thread: would these models sell well and...what airlines/liveries? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Explorative thread: would these models sell well and...what airlines/liveries?

Hi.
I can't write why i am posting a thread about these specific moulds but it is a significative request by a member and i agree with it.
It is an explorative thread to understand if these models could sell well and, if yes, which airlines/liveries you would like.

Do you think these models would sell well -> or -> would you buy these models for your collection/fleets:
B737-400
E145
Yak-42
B727-100
Bae ATP
If the answer is YES, may you please post the airlines/liveries you would buy/prefer for each mould.
Thanks for participating.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Would these models sell well and...what airlines/liveries?

For me:

Yak-42: each Russian airline which used/uses the model.
B727-100: Avensa, TWA, Germania, Northwest, American Airlines
Bae ATP: British Airways, SATA, Air Europa, West Air Sweden, Emerald, PGA-Portugalia, NextJet
B737-400: British Airways, JAT, UTAir, Blue Panorama, US Airways, Air One, Aegean, Thai Airways, AlbaStar.es, Enter Air, KLM, Brussels Airlines, Air Horizont, Albawings, LOT, Flyhermes.com, Trawelfly, Tailwind...etc.
E145: PGA-Portugalia, Dniproavia, Eastern, US Airways, fastjet.com, Satena

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #3
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

E145

B727-100

no specific livery, it just can't be too simple for my taste

Old 07-03-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
RJ Captain

777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor777-200ER is an excellent contributor
Would love to have an E145 in both Loganair and BMI Regional. A 737 400 in Ariana Afgan, BA and BMI would be lovely personally.
A Bae ATP in WestAir Sweden or West Atlantic would be awesome as they are regularly seen around Aberdeen.
A bit of a sucker for E145's in particular.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:01 AM   #5
RJ Captain

kamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast iconkamal is a diecast icon

For me:

B727-100: American Airlines, Fedex
B737-400: British Airways, UTAir, Thai Airways, KLM, Brussels Airlines, LOT, Ariana Afghan Airlines, TNT, Fedex, DHL, Aerosur, Azul Cargo
Bae ATP: British Airways, Biman Bangladesh
ERJ145: Aeromexico Connect, United Express, Delta Connection, American Eagle, Air France Regional, Mauritania Airlines, LAM Mocambique Expresso, Zimbabwe Airways
Yak-42: Air Moldova, Armavia, Cubana, Sudan Airways, UTair

Last edited by kamal; 07-04-2020 at 03:43 PM.
kamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:44 AM   #6
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started
All Planes are to old for me.
Marvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
Puddle Jumper

Kinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributor

B727-100: TAP 1970's colours; Dan Air 1970's colours; COA "Black Meatball"; Fedex 1993s colours
B737-400: BA Landor; Cargo Air/DHL; Fedex
Kinsman Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #8
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

None for me sadly..

BUT, this is a very good thread Alessandro.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #9
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: Explorative thread: would these models sell well and...what airlines/liveries?

The 727-100 was a very important airplane for its time, and completely under-represented in the 1:500 scale. The following liveries might prove to be popular enough to justify release:
B727-100: Avensa, Mexicana de Aviacion GOLD COLORS, TWA, American Airlines (FINAL COLORS), Avianca (RED//1980's colors), United (Saul Bass), Delta WIDGET, AeroPeru, TAME, Aviateca, National Sun King, and of course DOMINICANA DE AVIACION.
Doing these historical 727-100s would give Herpa a good opportunity to catch up on these wonderful airliners of of the Americas.

Northwest and Pan Am thankfully already exist.

This is a good thread!
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #10
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Explorative thread: would these models sell well and...what airlines/liveries?

Interesting Ale.
For me, everything apart from the E Jet would be of interest.

ATP dont see any big chances, since it would be a new form and it was commercially not really successful and barely 20 operators flew it in limited numbers, a few dubious amongst them.
But if it comes, I would love to see BA Landor and all following BA liveries, Manx Airlines, British Midland and Loganair.

YAK 42 - any would do. Aeroflot of course being No.1, but also Lithuanian Airlines, Macedonian Airlines, Donbassaero etc would be nice. Any would do, since it is a completely new mould.

Boeing 737-400 - BA Landor and follower, Dan Air, Luxair, Aer Lingus, British Midland

Boeing 727-100 - nice as well, would also be nice to see a few models here. But I for one would rather prefer the 727-200, since this would open a hugely bigger field of operators and possibilities.
Speedbird 001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:23 AM   #11
Southampton Airport 1/500

astra-airlines is flying under the radarastra-airlines is flying under the radarastra-airlines is flying under the radar

A few for me here.

ERJ-145
Loganair, Eastern Airways, bmi Regional, flybe. (both liveries).

737-400
Binter Canarias, Aegean, Futura,

BAe ATP:
NextJet, Manx, British Airways, West Atlantic, West Air Europe, Loganair, FirstFlight, SATA, Merpati, Air Malta, Air Europa, Emerald, and any others you happened to throw my way!
astra-airlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:48 AM   #12
RJ First Officer

captainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributor

Would love an ATP in BA landor livery, British Midland and Manx. Saw them all at Heathrow as a kid.
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #13
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar
BAe ATP: British Airways (all liveries), British Midland, Air Europa, Philippine Airlines
B737-400: British Airways, British Midland, Malaysia Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Thai Airways
Old 11-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #14
Earning My Wings

Mamunti is flying under the radarMamunti is flying under the radarMamunti is flying under the radar

For me

B737-400: British Airways (landor), Cargo Air/DHL or Fedex, Aer Lingus.
B727-100: Avensa, Fedex

But also I think other long forgotten types of 737 Classic (300 and 500 additional to the 400) could be appreciated.
Mamunti is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: