Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

JASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting started
Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait

Greetings Wings 900, Like many of you, I'm always interested when an airline changes its livery. Sometimes for the better, but often for the worse. With my first "official" post, I'd like to submit "Who wore it better", a comparison of old and new liveries side by side. Since I am a big fan of Middle East airlines, I thought I would start with Kuwait. Although both triple 7's, there was no same -200 and -300 to in the 1/500 scale world. Personally, I like the new livery. But the old livery works really well on the 747-400. What say you?
Attached Thumbnails
Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-p8053874.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-img_8396.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-img_8397.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-img_8398.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-img_8414.jpg  

Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-p8053868.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-p8053869.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-p8053891.jpg   Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait-p8083944.jpg  
JASMD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
Earning My Wings

JASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting startedJASMD90 is getting started
Re: Who wore it better? #1 Kuwait

Sorry, this should have been posted in the normal 1:500 thread, not airports. Could the moderator please move to the proper thread? Thank you.
JASMD90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:52 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Moved as requested! I have no favorite livery of the two; the old tail design combined with the new titles would be a best of both worlds scenario.

Also would love to see more of your airport diorama!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2020, 07:11 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
First of all great background and great pics.
I prefer Kuwait Airways new livery, fresh, smart, an evolution respect the "anonymous" old livery.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:25 AM   #5
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

I agree with Charter, the new livery looks smarter. I prefer it.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:40 AM   #6
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

For me, it is a tie. I like the fresh white fuselage and large graphic titles of the new livery, but the old tail is better. I would also comment that the large billboard titles would be best done in a large italicized font, which would create a sense of motion.
At any rate, this is a great topic! So many airlines could be covered.
Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #7
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Like this one better, more classic cheatline (plus a classic plane).

https://www.wings900.com/modeldataba...view-6364.html
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #8
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

The new one is nice, although I miss the "Airways" on the titles.
I like the old one, it looked great on the 747-400 and A300. I'll take the old one
Old 06-29-2020, 02:58 AM   #9
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Nice idea!

The old Kuwait Airlines livery looks so dated that it can be called almost classical. The new one is not bad either but nothing very distinctive. So I would choose the old one.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:52 AM   #10
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started

Like you, I only have these two Kuwait Airways models. I find both, the old and the new paintwork beautiful. I think it's like Lufthansa. From an old paintjob to a new one with lettering, painted side tail and the rest remains white. I actually want all the planes from Kuwait. The A320ceo, the A330-200 and the A340-300 in the old paintwork and the A320neo and the A330-800 in the new paintwork. The state machines A340-500 and 747-8 would also fit. As with Qatar, they have the airline's paintwork. So are in my Qatar fleet are two 747-8 of Qatar Amiri Flight.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #11
Planes Maniac ;-)

OD-ZIAD is flying under the radarOD-ZIAD is flying under the radar

i LOVE the new livery . the degree of this blue color is so bright and striking in daytime

i often see it big enormous bird landing at beirut..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: