Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Latin America airlines narrowbodies?
YES 18 60.00%
NO 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:59 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!

Hi.
First of all this is not a wishlist thread.

I would like to know how many collectors WANT narrowbody models of Latin America airlines.
Latin America is, from the NARROWBODIES POINT OF VIEW, a forgotten sub-continent except for two, current airlines from Brazil:
GOL
Azul
How many airlines still miss? Let me check the most important:

Aeromexico
Interjet
Magnicharters
VivaAerobus
Volaris
LATAM Group (Argentina, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru')
Avianca Holdings (Colombia, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala)
Aerolineas Argentinas
VivaColombia
TAME
Boliviana de Aviacion
Conviasa
COPA Airlines

The narrowbodies we are talking to are B737-700WL, B737-800WL, A319, A320, A321, including B737 MAX and A320neo family.
There is also a plenty of regional models to produce, ERJ and ATR in particular, but also SSJ-100 for Interjet.
I think it is time to ASK for these narrowbodies, a too important part of the planet not covered by Herpa!
Please share your opinion and then we will start a strong request!
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 05-16-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2020, 04:04 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!

I bought everything possible in 1:400 scale because Latin America has a special place in my heart and because i love to have, for example, all LATAM Group or Avianca Holdings fleets! I know they would be the same A319, A320, A321 liveries with different registration, but it is the thing i love more. Yes, i am crazy, but it would be amazing.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
The Dark Side

For the newbies, some pics of the models i am talking about.

In my opinion, among these Latin America airlines there are some of the most beautiful liveries ever!
Aerolineas Argentinas and Aeromexico are something of incredibly wonderful!!!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #4
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Wait... you consider Magnicharters as one of Latin America’s most important airline?

To me the top priorities are Avianca, Latam and Copa. Copa is AFAIK the only airline that’s part of an alliance still missing in 1:500.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines

Last edited by Wingslover; 05-16-2020 at 04:31 PM.
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started

i want following South American planes. A few widebodies also.

Azul:
A320neo
A320neo "pink"
A321neo
A330-200
A330-900

Latam:
A320WL
A320neo
777-300ER

Avianca:
A319WL
A320WL
A320neo
A321WL
A330-200

Aerolíneas Argentinas:
737-800

JetSmart:
A320neo
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:45 PM   #6
RJ First Officer

Marvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting startedMarvin is getting started

My latin american fleet:

Aeroméxico: 787-8, 787-9 special livery, 777-200ER
Aerosur: 747-400
Avianca: A330-200F, 787-8
Azul: E195 special livery, 2x A330-200 in special liveries
Conviasa: A340-200
Embraer: E190 house colours
GOL: 3x 737-800, two of them in special liveries
LATAM: Latam 767-300WL, Tam A330-200 special livery, Lan 787-8, Lan 787-9, LATAM 787-9, Tam A340-500
Surinam Airways: A340-300
Varig: 767-300 special livery
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #7
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

I wouldn't buy even one. They simply don't fit to my collection. An A330 AZUL in normal colors would be nice...

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:23 PM   #8
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Latin America and Africa are pretty under represented in 1:500, so it's a YES for me

and many releases would fit my airport aswell
Although I must say that i'm very confused during this pandemic and I really don't know which airlines will survive or not...
Old 05-17-2020, 04:20 AM   #9
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Since no Classics are asked, it would be a No for me. Especially LATAM has so many possibilities for classics like 737-200, 727-100 and -200 or DC9, that there is no doubt for me to prefer that over a Vivacolombia A320 any time. To ensure that also collectors of recent and old planes are represented, I would only support a General request asking for a decent share of both parts.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:39 AM   #10
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

COPA BIOMUSEO!

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:56 AM   #11
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Maybe I can give you a little reminder of what we had in the past and what we could see as models….also a pleasure for they eyes, isnt it ?

Some I would even rank way higher than some you mentioned, since they were really "most important" back then for South America, as they were flag carriers.

What do we have from those times, widebodies or narrowbodies. Almost nothing....big shame. Especially the flags from those days like Varig, Aerolineas, LAN....totally under represented.
Attached Thumbnails
Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-29170_1539585847.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-45857_1552682542.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-58517_1505095176.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-avensa_boeing_727-200_jetpix-1.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-lacsa-727.jpg  

Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-bac_111-509ew_one-eleven-_austral_lineas_aereas_an0676242.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-boeing_737-204-adv-_copa_panama_an0197475.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-boeing_727-46-_sam_colombia_an1995310.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-lan_chile_boeing_737-230-_cc-crp-scl-_october_1998_btx_-5066218489-.jpg   Time to ask Latin America airlines narrowbodies!-varig_boeing_737-241_volpati-1.jpg  

Old 05-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #12
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Maybe I can give you a little reminder of what we had in the past and what we could see as models….also a pleasure for they eyes, isnt it ?

Some I would even rank way higher than some you mentioned, since they were really "most important" back then for South America, as they were flag carriers.

What do we have from those times, widebodies or narrowbodies. Almost nothing....big shame. Especially the flags from those days like Varig, Aerolineas, LAN....totally under represented.
This is one of the reasons why i'm really considering to start collecting classics in 1:400 scale... I plan to build a Brazilian airport someday, set in the 1980s and 1990s. Since the classics are almost non-existant in 1:500, i'd have to go to 1:400 for this.

Sadly, the models are quite costly
But there are some fantastic releases in 1:400.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:01 PM   #13
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
This is one of the reasons why i'm really considering to start collecting classics in 1:400 scale... I plan to build a Brazilian airport someday, set in the 1980s and 1990s. Since the classics are almost non-existant in 1:500, i'd have to go to 1:400 for this.

Sadly, the models are quite costly
But there are some fantastic releases in 1:400.
Unfortunately have to agree with you, Leo. And unfortunately as well I cant get rid of the very same thought. And to be frank, the Price difference is not as big anymore as it used to be in the past. If you collect Classic planes, then 1:400 scale is definetely the better option for you as collector. Just considering what we have from VARIG alone in 1:500 is a joke versus what they flew in real life….would love seeing a 747-200 or 400 from them or a 737-200.
So far the number of models I own hold me back and doing all that Circus I did when I changed from 1:600 to 1:500 again….
Old 05-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #14
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post

The strange thing is linked to what you have posted. Herpa has always had a great passion and attention to special liveries, and Latin America always produced a great amount of beautiful special liveries. Herpa produced some beautiful models of the past with great liveries, then stopped. These liveries/airlines of the past are not useful for current airports, but producing them it would be a start.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #15
The Dark Side

Look at AeroGal B727-200, for example:

one of the most beautiful models ever produced! Too often we consider modern airplanes/models but there are jewels we should consider more!

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: