Tribute to the Queen (B747-400). - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Tribute to the Queen (B747-400).

Come on, post your pics making a good tribute to the Queen of the Sky, the B747-400.
Covid-19 forced the few airlines still flying the queen to ground her and this is dramatic for a spotter and a B747-400 lover.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #2
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby
Re: Tribute to the Queen (B747-400).

My loved ones are gone

Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Nobody posted B747-400's...sad, very sad.
I want to post them, a tribute to the Queen is fundamental for me.
Here some beauties:

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I have been spending a lot of time reading and relaxing in my backyard, so I didn't have time to do anything yet.. I do like your shot of the PH-BFN a lot!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Old 04-05-2020, 01:31 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Yes Thom, some beauties here.
The Transaero B747-400 was a monster of beauty, but even Aerosur was amazing.
How many wonderful airplanes lost.

Charter airlines lover

Old 04-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #6
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Relax Ale, not everyone is spending 24/7 here, regardless if we love 747's or planes or not.
I have read your article and will be checking my old Pictures to see what I can find from past times. But they are not sorted at all, so takes a Moment
At least can say that I have flown on a few of them, the last 744 flight was only last year in March....so that's pretty ok.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #7
The Dark Side

Another batch of Queens:

a missing B747-400D (domestic, without wingtips), one of the most beautiful

one of the few of middle east airlines

another beautiful B747-400D

wonderful vision this ELAL Queen landing and taking off at FCO

a real beauty

Queen of the Queens...

still active, ready for Montego Bay "Sangster International"

a pity we don't have the new livery version

a Queen from Africa

Charter airlines lover

Old 04-07-2020, 04:45 AM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Smooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciated

I'm going to take some photos tonight and post them tomorrow
My love for the 747s is endless.
Smooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #9
Admin

I'm glad we have the memories, models and photos to keep the spirit of the Queen alive!

Old 04-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #10
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Just a teaser copied from my airport thread:
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #11
The Dark Side

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #12
The Dark Side

Three more beauties:

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #13
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Wonderful tribute to the Queens which are no longer flying now, Ale! I'm already missing the KLM B744s in the skies but they (and other B747s) will be seen at my airport!!! I'll do a tribute to G-CIVM and G-CIVN which were the latest BA ones to be retired on my thread this coming week! Don't be sad that they're gone, be happy that they were a part of our lives since we were kids, my friend! Thanks for the wonderful memories, B747s!!! My first ever flight was on a BA B747, so, I'll really miss them once they're gone!!!

Last edited by solicitor82; 05-03-2020 at 10:12 AM.
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:45 AM   #14
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

This is my tribute to two Queens which were withdrawn last month by the airline based at London-Heathrow. G-CIVM in oneworld livery and G-CIVN in Union Jack livery left the fleet. Now, BA only has
G-BNLY Landor livery
G-CIVA, G-CIVE, G-CIVF, G-CIVH, G-CIVJ, G-CIVO, G-CIVR, G-CIVS, G-CIVT, G-CIVU, G-CIVV, G-CIVW, G-CIVX, G-CIVY, G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGD, G-BYGE, G-BYGF and G-BYGG Union Jack livery
G-CIVB Negus
G-BYGC BOAC livery
G-CIVC, G-CIVD, G-CIVI, G-CIVK, G-CIVL, G-CIVP and G-CIVZ oneworld livery. All are currently stored at Bournemouth Airport.
Here is my tribute to IVM and IVN will miss them in the skies, once the virus goes away!

R.I.P. IVM and IVN
https://ibb.co/SJ6n2bW
https://ibb.co/L8wdhp3
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:54 PM   #15
Admin

I believe CIVJ has been permanently withdrawn from use too Homzie!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: