A message to the GUESTS. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Hi.
You all know me, in good or bad you can feel about what i write, about my posts, threads, photos, collection and airports.
I am referring to you GUESTS, because you are the majority of Wings900 readers: usually, for 10 members joining there are 250/300 guests reading the various threads/posts and viewing the many pics of models, airports, fleets.
Why don't you participate with comments, suggestions, photos?
There aren't trolls, there aren't complaints, many of us try to add all the current news about models, airports and civil aviation but i think that with the help of you, the majority, all together could make more and better.
I can't imagine how many possible great members there are among you, how many handmade airport builders, collectors with thousand models, civil and military aviation experts, spotters...
I am sure you could revitalize this tired website, where even less members write or post something!
So, my call is for you, dear GUESTS: take the courage or the interest to participate, my dream is to change the start mask...250 active members and 10 guests.
Thanks for reading.
Charter
P.S. Why posted in 1:500 forum? Because, despite the crisis, it is still the most viewed.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 03-06-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2020, 04:36 AM   #2
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby
Re: A message to the GUESTS.

How important it is for this forum, and in fact almost EVERYTHING, that people participate. It makes a difference, it may even become a matter of survival. How many wonderful ideas and points of view are not being expressed because people aren't taking a few moments to sign in, comment, add their own new things? It's not hard to do, but in the end this will be critical for our hobby.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 05:35 AM   #3
Puddle Jumper

Smooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciated

They may be hesitating because (and it's just my opinion) they are new or they don't know what to say more than what it's been said.
But over all, they are welcomed here.
Smooky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Everyone is welcomed, but I think a part of the guest list is actually people just doing a quick google search.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:07 AM   #5
Earning My Wings

Felipe143 is getting startedFelipe143 is getting startedFelipe143 is getting startedFelipe143 is getting started

Hi all!

I was already visiting this site sometimes since a time ago, but just registered as new member now, so i will be able to write on some threads.

I'm a 1:500 collector (i have some another scales too, like 1/72 and 1/100 for military models, and some 1/200 and 1/144), and already own more than 300 planes.

Here in Spain there is no much hobby regarding commercial planes, but as my mother is from Germany, i started buying Herpa wings about 22 years ago, because there was a shop near my grandmotherīs house, and i visited her frequently. Nowadays the shop is closed so i get the most of the models online, i think like most of us.

I will enjoy reading and force myself to participate when possible.

Nice regards!!

Felipe143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #6
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Thank you for joining and welcome to the W900 Family.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe143 View Post
Hi all!

I was already visiting this site sometimes since a time ago, but just registered as new member now, so i will be able to write on some threads.

I'm a 1:500 collector (i have some another scales too, like 1/72 and 1/100 for military models, and some 1/200 and 1/144), and already own more than 300 planes.

Here in Spain there is no much hobby regarding commercial planes, but as my mother is from Germany, i started buying Herpa wings about 22 years ago, because there was a shop near my grandmotherīs house, and i visited her frequently. Nowadays the shop is closed so i get the most of the models online, i think like most of us.

Nice regards!!

Ciao Felipe, thanks for joining Wings900 and welcoming the announcement. I am sure you will give a great contribution to this beautiful models site.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime...R.I.P.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:47 AM   #8
Earning My Wings

Berthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radar

Hello everybody!
Following the March Charter's call, I finally decided to be a meber of this great and crazy community. I've been reading you for quite a while already, so it's time to participate.

I'm Alberto, I'm from Italy and I started to collect 1:500 (mostly Herpa, of course) at very beginning of the old generation. My dad was a fan of model trains in HO scale, so we used to collect Herpa cars and trucks as well (I'm still, unfortunately); when Herpa started to produce planes, he bought me some because I've always been a plane lover.

And here we are, after thirty years... I'm not a teenager anymore and my collection has grown up to more than 400 models (i wanted to have an updated number during Corona time, but I din't).

Nice to meet you everybody.
Ciao!!!
Berthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #9
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Hi all!

Nice regards!!

Bienvenido Felipe143!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berthus View Post
Hello everybody!
Following the March Charter's call, I finally decided to be a meber of this great and crazy community. I've been reading you for quite a while already, so it's time to participate.

I'm Alberto, I'm from Italy and I started to collect 1:500 (mostly Herpa, of course) at very beginning of the old generation. My dad was a fan of model trains in HO scale, so we used to collect Herpa cars and trucks as well (I'm still, unfortunately); when Herpa started to produce planes, he bought me some because I've always been a plane lover.

And here we are, after thirty years... I'm not a teenager anymore and my collection has grown up to more than 400 models (i wanted to have an updated number during Corona time, but I din't).

Ciao!!!
Benvenuto a bordo, Berthus!

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Hello everybody!

Ciao!!!
I did not recognize...WELCOME TO WINGS900 FAMILY ALBERTO!
It is beautiful having another Italian member!
I am waiting for the photos of your fleets.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-28-2020, 04:34 AM   #11
Earning My Wings

Berthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radar

Thank you all for your welcome!
I start to show you some pics...
Berthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:28 AM   #12
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Thank you all for your welcome!
I start to show you some pics...

Great to have another guest become a member. Welcome here!!
Pete
Old 05-30-2020, 04:29 AM   #13
Senior Captain

Quote:
Hi all!

Nice regards!!

Great to have you join us. Welcome!!
Pete
Old 05-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #14
Earning My Wings

stephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting startedstephen1160 is getting started

I have been a member for a few years but (sadly) was so busy I had little time to participate much. I'm a little less busy these days and have renewed my interest in collecting (1:400 primarily but also some 1:200, 1:250 and other scales as well) so will try to be more active. Welcome to all the newer members! I look forward to reading your posts and seeing more pictures especially of member-built airports! Hope everyone is faring well during this weird time in history.
stephen1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #15
The Dark Side

Thanks to all for your great answer to the call!
Please join Wings900, we need of more points of view about models collecting, handmade airports to build and civil/military aviation in general.
And then is always wonderful to know people from all over the world, even through a PC monitor!

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: