What to do with unwanted models? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2020, 04:53 PM   #1
Second Officer

Kmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobby
What to do with unwanted models?

So, I have the following list of models for sale due to the fact that they do not fit in my collection anymore. I’ve tried selling them but there is not that much interest. I don’t know why, perhaps the same reason I’m letting them go. I’ve had low offers but for that little cash I’d rather hold on to them.

So the question is, what to do with them? Obviously the white based models can be donors for customs. My issue with customs is that I am not skilled enough to make them, and the only person I know that can well is in Brazil.
Not only is a custom not cheap to make but shipping to and from South America cost 4 times the models worth. So are there any other good ideas out there?

Herpa 527521 Condor 767-300==$25
Herpa 526289 Condor 757-300==$25
Herpa 531559 Blue Panorama 767-300==$30
Herpa 531375 La Campagnie 757-200==$25
Herpa 523929 SAS A330-300==Pending
Herpa 526074 Brussels Airlines A330-200==$30
Herpa 526364 Aeroflot 777-300== Pending
Herpa 517973 Air China A340-300==$30
Herpa 504010 Kenya Airways 777-200==$30
Herpa 517560 Air Mauritius A330-200==$25
Herpa 529334 Austrian 767-300==$25
Herpa 528061 Westjet 737-800==$25
Hogan 5989 Edelweiss Air A330-300==$20
Sky500 WOW A330-300==$25
Sky500 XL Airways A330-300==$30
Starjets SJTHT186 Air Tahiti Nui A340-300==$50 or best offer.
Kmonaghen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: What to do with unwanted models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmonaghen View Post
So, I have the following list of models for sale due to the fact that they do not fit in my collection anymore. I’ve tried selling them but there is not that much interest. I don’t know why, perhaps the same reason I’m letting them go. I’ve had low offers but for that little cash I’d rather hold on to them.

So the question is, what to do with them? Obviously the white based models can be donors for customs. My issue with customs is that I am not skilled enough to make them, and the only person I know that can well is in Brazil.
Not only is a custom not cheap to make but shipping to and from South America cost 4 times the models worth. So are there any other good ideas out there?

Herpa 527521 Condor 767-300==$25
Herpa 526289 Condor 757-300==$25
Herpa 531559 Blue Panorama 767-300==$30
Herpa 531375 La Campagnie 757-200==$25
Herpa 523929 SAS A330-300==Pending
Herpa 526074 Brussels Airlines A330-200==$30
Herpa 526364 Aeroflot 777-300== Pending
Herpa 517973 Air China A340-300==$30
Herpa 504010 Kenya Airways 777-200==$30
Herpa 517560 Air Mauritius A330-200==$25
Herpa 529334 Austrian 767-300==$25
Herpa 528061 Westjet 737-800==$25
Hogan 5989 Edelweiss Air A330-300==$20
Sky500 WOW A330-300==$25
Sky500 XL Airways A330-300==$30
Starjets SJTHT186 Air Tahiti Nui A340-300==$50 or best offer.
First of all i am sad you sell these models, they are beautiful.
Second, it is extremely sad and significant that you are not able to find buyers for these model, for a batch of wonderful models in my opinion. It means something doesn't work with our hobby or with human fantasy, i don't know.
Third, if you don't care of them, you could remove the landing gears and use them to change from old generation to new generation the models you have in OG and you love more.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Sérgio actually lives in Italy now, so you can try reaching him and checking out the shipping prices now.

Have you tried selling them on Ebay as an auction, not as a Buy It Now?
I agree that most models will end up being sold cheaply, but that's an easy way to get rid of the models instantly.

I also have some unwanted models in my collection and I end up selling them here in Brazil.

By the way: the Condor 757-300 have become quite rare and sought after by European collectors. If you manage to sell it on ebay.de, you might get a nice price on it.

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 03-03-2020 at 12:15 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
RJ First Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor

Part of the problem is pricing. The market sets the price. While this seller is selling at very good prices, the shipping to Europe is more than the model, this then makes the price very expensive. Therefore unless the model is one I'm really after, it's more efficient to get two for the price of one buying in Europe.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #5
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I have sold some models succesfully in the past, and mostly let the market dictate the price.

I do agree with SandborgAirport though, most collectors are European based and therefore it's easier to sell models from Europe.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:16 PM   #6
Puddle Jumper

US RampRat is flying under the radar

As Leo said I'm real surprised nobody has scooped up that Condor 757 and also the 767. Also the Westjet 737 and La Campagnie 757 are very tempting as well. A few models I have always been interested in.
US RampRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:21 AM   #7
Second Officer

Kmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
First of all i am sad you sell these models, they are beautiful.
Second, it is extremely sad and significant that you are not able to find buyers for these model, for a batch of wonderful models in my opinion. It means something doesn't work with our hobby or with human fantasy, i don't know.
Third, if you don't care of them, you could remove the landing gears and use them to change from old generation to new generation the models you have in OG and you love more.
It is sad. You are making me rethink this now. Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Sérgio actually lives in Italy now, so you can try reaching him and checking out the shipping prices now.

Have you tried selling them on Ebay as an auction, not as a Buy It Now?
I agree that most models will end up being sold cheaply, but that's an easy way to get rid of the models instantly.

I also have some unwanted models in my collection and I end up selling them here in Brazil.

By the way: the Condor 757-300 have become quite rare and sought after by European collectors. If you manage to sell it on ebay.de, you might get a nice price on it.
I have used ebay in the past but they take too big a chunk of money out of the sell price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
Part of the problem is pricing. The market sets the price. While this seller is selling at very good prices, the shipping to Europe is more than the model, this then makes the price very expensive. Therefore unless the model is one I'm really after, it's more efficient to get two for the price of one buying in Europe.
Yes. This seems to be the biggest issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I have sold some models succesfully in the past, and mostly let the market dictate the price.

I do agree with SandborgAirport though, most collectors are European based and therefore it's easier to sell models from Europe.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by US RampRat View Post
As Leo said I'm real surprised nobody has scooped up that Condor 757 and also the 767. Also the Westjet 737 and La Campagnie 757 are very tempting as well. A few models I have always been interested in.
Well if you are interested in that many, ill give you a good price to make the shipping worth it. Hahaha
Old 03-05-2020, 04:09 AM   #8
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

I understand why you don't sell them, as the price you ask are not so low + shipping from US to Europe is very expensive.
For example, that Boeing 757 La Compagnie is for sale in France for 27€. The model is brand new. Postage could cost 5€. You can then have a brand new Boeing 757 La Compagnie for 32€.
You do sell it at 25$ = 22€ + shipping price ( I don't know but how it costs but probably more than 10€) for a pre-owned model.

If I would like to buy this model, I would choose the brand new one for 27€+ 5€ of shipping.

In a more general way, I don't understand how sellers can sell a pre owned model at almost the price of a brand new one. (not only you, at it is the market law, but I see a lot a pre owned models for sale on eBay and they are often at the same price than a brand new one... And people buy them !)
Old 03-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #9
RJ First Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
I understand why you don't sell them, as the price you ask are not so low + shipping from US to Europe is very expensive.
For example, that Boeing 757 La Compagnie is for sale in France for 27€. The model is brand new. Postage could cost 5€. You can then have a brand new Boeing 757 La Compagnie for 32€.
You do sell it at 25$ = 22€ + shipping price ( I don't know but how it costs but probably more than 10€) for a pre-owned model.

If I would like to buy this model, I would choose the brand new one for 27€+ 5€ of shipping.

In a more general way, I don't understand how sellers can sell a pre owned model at almost the price of a brand new one. (not only you, at it is the market law, but I see a lot a pre owned models for sale on eBay and they are often at the same price than a brand new one... And people buy them !)
I think the price depends on how available the model is. If the model is still on sale then typically it should be priced less than the new option. If it is harder to find then it increases in value and can be priced above and beyond the original asking price.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #10
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
I think the price depends on how available the model is. If the model is still on sale then typically it should be priced less than the new option. If it is harder to find then it increases in value and can be priced above and beyond the original asking price.
I agree. I also price based on the condition. Many of those I have for sale have never left the box except to look at the model for a few minutes here and there. They may be “pre-owned” but they are basically new.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:39 PM   #11
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Quote:
I agree. I also price based on the condition. Many of those I have for sale have never left the box except to look at the model for a few minutes here and there. They may be “pre-owned” but they are basically new.
Yes, I understand your point of view. From mine, all is about trusting the seller. You are honest but perhaps not an other seller? By the way, for almost the same price, you have a sort of guarantee when you buy a brand new model from a shop while you don't have anything when buying a pre-owned model.

Anyway I agree, if the model is sold out and impossible to find, price can increase. Otherwise if model is still produced, a pre owned model should be a a relatively low price to be attractive compared to the price of the same new model. That's how I feel.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #12
Earning My Wings

wilsonguy is flying under the radar
I’m looking for the Caribbean Airlines Boeing 737-800. 9Y-kIN. Can any one help
wilsonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:38 PM   #13
Puddle Jumper

US RampRat is flying under the radar

Quote:
It is sad. You are making me rethink this now. Hahaha

I have used ebay in the past but they take too big a chunk of money out of the sell price.

Yes. This seems to be the biggest issue.

Agreed

Well if you are interested in that many, ill give you a good price to make the shipping worth it. Hahaha

Whenever I have a layover in DFW Ill definitely hit you up lol
US RampRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: