Sad day for part of my collection. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Sad day for part of my collection.

Hello.
Like civil aviation world even my large collection has to change.
I have realized and am realizing many airports from all over the world and, since few years ago, airliners panorama was really variegated and very different from one airport to another.
Today, especially among widebodies, few airplanes type land at the various airports:
A330/A330neo
A350
A380
B787
B777-200
B777-300ER
The B767 and the A340 are slowly disappearing from the sky.
So, according to the changing time, i decided to store part of my collection. With so many airplanes in 1:500 scale, it is unuseful to have some airliners ready for the use when in the real life the various airports of the world never seen them since many years.
Models like MD-11, DC-10, L-1011, B747SP, B747-100/200, B747-300, B747-400, were always ready for the use, stored on the first shelves of my closets, but now it is time to put them to rest. Even because, sitting on a wheelchair, it is very difficult to take the models today in use in the various airports with all the widebodies i have in 1:500 scale.
Sadly, i stored them in a remote closet, replaced by more modern airplanes but always in my heart.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Sad day for part of my collection.

Since you're doing a crazy ton of real airport dioramas, you should do a diorama set on the 80s or 90s. This way, you could use your older models and bring them "back to life". DC-10, 747-200, 707, A300, 767-200... the list goes on! I always had this idea for me but sadly, won't be happening anytime soon.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

You have to rent a hangar for all your models Alessandro!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 07:18 AM   #4
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I am the same as you, I can't bear the thought of leaving my old airplane models alone, like abandoned children!

My suggestion is to always have at the ready, an out-of-circulation plane or two, parked next to (or inside) a hanger, and also to have an area like a grassy field alongside a taxiway, where out-of service airplanes are stored.
All the best to youPete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: