ANA 1:500 Airbus A380 Flying Honu JA381A ANA Blue (Review and details) - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-29-2019, 03:00 AM   #1
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor
ANA 1:500 Airbus A380 Flying Honu JA381A ANA Blue (Review and details)

I would like to share a model I recently bought on a trip to Osaka and absolutely love. As the title gives it away, this model is none other than ANA's brand new A380 jet!

The front cover of the box

ANA took delivery of its first of several A380 frames from Airbus this year. It's first such example is sporting the "Flying Honu" or Sea Turtle livery in ANA's blue.

The model is made of ABS resin (plastic) and is NOT a diecast model. This means that the model is really light but make no mistake, the model is very detailed as you can see from the above images. The wheels are not too big or small and small details like the landing gear markings and the wifi dome on the top of the frame makes this model really stand out. If you were to compare this model to that of F-toys (another contender to the plastic model market), this model supersedes it by tenfold.

I got this particular model from Crosswings Japan Osaka Store. The store boast a myriad of aircraft models, most of which are from your favourite and common brands, such as Gemini Jets, Phoenix, and Herpa. There are models from all scales including 1:200, 1:400, and 1:500 scale. The shop owner was very helpful and pleasant. I wrote in prior to my trip to enquire on the availability of this model and the owner replied to my email within hours (eventhough it was during the wee hours of the night!) He told me that he will reserve the model for me and told me the operating hours of the shop.

Be prepared to spend quite abit if you're looking for some rare birds, or even just your regular new releases as models from this store can cost quite abit - in terms of the exchange rate. I got this particular model for 6600 (after tax) = USD$60. Some may find it pricey for a plastic model.

Overall, this model is one of the better looking models in my collection and I'm fortunate to be able to get my hands of this beauty! If you're visiting Osaka or Tokyo, be sure to visit Crosswing Japan!

P.S Words of advice, if you're looking to get a slightly cheaper option of this model, you can try getting it at Osaka Kansai Airport's Toy Shop on Level 3. The shop also sells toys and aviation collectibles at tax-free prices!

I hope you guys enjoyed my review of this great model! Happy New Year everyone!

To read more and see more shots of the model, please visit the following website:
https://www.ana-modelplane.com/products/nh50063/

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER & Philippine Airlines A330-300 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2019, 04:35 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: ANA 1:500 Airbus A380 Flying Honu JA381A ANA Blue (Review and details)

Thanks for this review, great pics and great model. I have bought it from ebay and i am waiting for its arrival (it is coming from South Korea).
I thought it was made of metal and plastic as usual, instead it is only plastic?
Positive rep. added, important to have these reviews.
Thanks again.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

It's gorgeous indeed, hope they do all 3 versions of the A380. Thanks for sharing, was looking for it at Haneda Airport after sighting the bird at Narita.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

A very interesting model, specially because it's not diecast! I honestly don't mind: I own two of the Herpa 747-400F with open nose, and they're also plastic models. They are lighter indeed, but the quality is still amazing. If models could cost less when being made of plastic, I would definitely support it!
Old 12-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Thanks for this review, great pics and great model. I have bought it from ebay and i am waiting for its arrival (it is coming from South Korea).
I thought it was made of metal and plastic as usual, instead it is only plastic?
Positive rep. added, important to have these reviews.
Thanks again.
Thanks for the support! Yes! It's 100% plastic. If you happen to have the ANA Star Wars jets, its similar to those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
It's gorgeous indeed, hope they do all 3 versions of the A380. Thanks for sharing, was looking for it at Haneda Airport after sighting the bird at Narita.
They are releasing all 3 designs! The first one was just released this week and the following 2 will be released some time in March 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
A very interesting model, specially because it's not diecast! I honestly don't mind: I own two of the Herpa 747-400F with open nose, and they're also plastic models. They are lighter indeed, but the quality is still amazing. If models could cost less when being made of plastic, I would definitely support it!
Totally agree with you! But as always, airlines love to sell overpriced models. At least for this model, it isn't a TOY and poorly made effort of a "model"

Looking for Herpa Garuda Indonesia B777-300ER & Philippine Airlines A330-300 1/500
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I agree with Leo though, plastic models can be high quality. I have a potato wings Air China 777, it is amazingly detailed!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:23 PM   #7
First Officer

skwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobbyskwai56 is a legend of the hobby

The quality matches the price JPY6,000 (~EUR49). Even though it is plastic it comes with nice details and accurate dimensions.
skwai56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:16 AM   #8
Puddle Jumper

Smooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciatedSmooky is appreciated

Nice review and great model indeed!
No matter how it was made of, the moment that it's incredibly good looking and very well detailed.
Good job!
Smooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:18 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

There is a huge difference among F-Toys and these Herpa/Hogan plastic models: F-Toys is a "too much toy" while these models are wonderful, highly detailed and almost perfect.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #10
Senior Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post

A really beautiful model! And, I agree that if plastic material can be used to control costs and keep our little Hobby alive, then I'm fine with it--just maintain great print quality is all that I ask!
I bought a JAL 788 made of plastic a few years back while in Tokyo, and it is superb!
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:34 AM   #11
Earning My Wings

ccsctigerjin is flying under the radar

I got the ANA A380 model today and I found that the front gear of the model doesn't touch the ground (so that when I press slightly on the head of the model, the whole model will keep shaking for a few seconds). (I don't know how to post pictures here but I guess it's not too rare to see such a case.) Can anyone here teach me how to fix the case? Thanks.
ccsctigerjin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: