Technical stopover. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Technical stopover.

I thought a new way to show the models, that is in their natural element.
"Technical stopover" is not about airports or layouts but about airplanes, just models shared in different angles.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Technical stopover.

The first airplane is the Antonov Airlines An-22 with a load of luxury cars.
This model is one of the most beautiful produced by Herpa (i could make a review even if i am not sure if i want, it depends on the poll..).
Beautiful airplane, Russian style but with a balance between the various "Soviet angles" of the airplane shape.
Enjoy.

photo DSCN3934_zps4dp1whxx.jpg

photo DSCN3936_zps8s88nm9j.jpg

photo DSCN3937_zpsst8vcmgu.jpg

photo DSCN3939_zps5h5kgvzz.jpg

photo DSCN3940_zps3shymlx7.jpg

Here some close up pics of the cargo unloading
 photo DSCN3942_zpskzwrppyw.jpg

photo DSCN3943_zpsyy5v0ouc.jpg

some of the luxury cars

Lamborghini Urus

photo DSCN9663_zps7d1an07p.jpg

Aston Martin

photo DSCN9671_zpsuleeucip.jpg

Bentley Continental GT

photo DSCN9675_zpsk25rvmvt.jpg

Maserati Granturismo
 photo DSCN9679_zpsjeezzjj7.jpg

Bugatti Chiron
 photo DSCN9730_zpsczedoc0z.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro
 photo DSCN9761_zpsfjupfdmq.jpg

Ferrari
 photo DSCN9706_zpsedcmml0s.jpg

photo DSCN3944_zpspti64uvq.jpg

photo DSCN3946_zpsorooik2b.jpg

photo DSCN3948_zps6slaseav.jpg

photo DSCN3950_zps6ujwxgek.jpg

photo DSCN3952_zpsvdtehn5w.jpg

Here a motor engineer check one of the counter-rotating blades engine
 photo DSCN3958_zpsrrns6yw0.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:51 AM   #3
Earning My Wings

Kinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributorKinsman Voyager is a good contributor

Great pics and a good idea!

...no contemporary car can beat the beauty of an Aston Martin DB5
Kinsman Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Great attention to detail as per usual in your scenery!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsman Voyager View Post
Great pics and a good idea!

...no contemporary car can beat the beauty of an Aston Martin DB5
Thanks. Agree, even if the Chevrolet Camaro is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Great attention to detail as per usual in your scenery!
Thanks Thom.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-04-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
The Dark Side

The second airplane to stop is a Delta A330-900neo during its ferry flight to Atlanta.
Very elegant airplane and Herpa produced a nice mould.
Airbus failed with the A380 but has great success with the A350, the A320neo family, the A321LR and XLR and the A330-900neo.

photo DSCN3954_zps0w4hg7rf.jpg

photo DSCN3955_zpsthbzb7io.jpg

photo DSCN3956_zps8jjckw4x.jpg

photo DSCN3957_zpslvfaejb7.jpg

photo DSCN3960_zpsehzinkja.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-05-2019, 06:30 AM   #7
The Dark Side

The third airplane is an ex Jet Airways B777-300ER. It will be repainted becoming an Eva Air B777-300ER.
Jet Airways was one of my most favourite airlines, especially the A330-200 seen landing at London "Heathrow", a wonderful experience.

photo DSCN3971_zpsfyxjh1mm.jpg

photo DSCN3970_zpshbnvt3vl.jpg

photo DSCN3973_zpsl2hdof9w.jpg

photo DSCN3976_zpsokvgmd0h.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I remember seeing those Jet 777s being parked next to aone another on the G concourse here at Amsterdam, very fond memories of them!

VT-JEW is still stored after AMS now 8 or so months later..!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Old 12-07-2019, 07:41 AM   #9
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I remember seeing those Jet 777s being parked next to aone another on the G concourse here at Amsterdam, very fond memories of them!

VT-JEW is still stored after AMS now 8 or so months later..!
One of the most colorful and beautiful airlines ever.
There are no buyers for the B777-300ER? Strange.

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #10
The Dark Side

The fourth airplane to land is an Air Albania A319 operating a charter flight to Tirana.
The airplane is loading a group of geophysicists for the recent earthquakes that hit Albania.
 photo DSCN3965_zpskz40sb6x.jpg

photo DSCN3968_zpsoizh30me.jpg

photo DSCN3982_zpsngdaje84.jpg

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-07-2019, 08:07 AM   #11
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
One of the most colorful and beautiful airlines ever.
There are no buyers for the B777-300ER? Strange.
Nope.. The longer it stays there the less interesting it'll become.

Old 12-08-2019, 06:19 AM   #12
Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I really liked the precious automobile cargo associated with the An-22--that was a great photo sequence. Beautiful pictures and thoughtful dialog connected with them! Also, in mentioning the numerous Airbus successes as discussed in the Delta A330-900 sequence, in hindsight, the A380 might not be considered a failure, it actually may have been a decade or two ahead of its time (I LOVE traveling aboard the 380). After all, Boeing discontinued the 757 and now the market is begging for an updated version! At any rate, this "Technical Stopover" is a great section in the forum. Keep up the beautiful pictures and content!
Pete

Last edited by uncle beat; 12-08-2019 at 06:32 AM.
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #13
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle beat View Post
I really liked the precious automobile cargo associated with the An-22--that was a great photo sequence. Beautiful pictures and thoughtful dialog connected with them! Also, in mentioning the numerous Airbus successes as discussed in the Delta A330-900 sequence, in hindsight, the A380 might not be considered a failure, it actually may have been a decade or two ahead of its time (I LOVE traveling aboard the 380). After all, Boeing discontinued the 757 and now the market is begging for an updated version! At any rate, this "Technical Stopover" is a great section in the forum. Keep up the beautiful pictures and content!
Pete
Thanks for the appreciation my friend.
One of the next airplanes to make a stopover in this small airport is the A380 phased out by Air France: a sad story about one of the more ambitious programs, the two-floors giant. Unfortunately USA airlines did not want it, the same for JAL and ANA (the A380 was right for their short-haul/high density domestic routes), so the airplane was a "failure" respect the money spent to think, develop, update and produce it.
Personally speaking i like the A380, it is and will be one of the most beautiful airplanes of the sky and one of the most courageous projects ever.
About the B757 the market need of a replacement by Boeing, while Airbus has already planned the A321LR and XLR: in my opinion Boeing should produce an improved B757 version because the B757WL (-200 and -300) is an immortal airplane!

Charter airlines lover

Old 12-09-2019, 04:34 AM   #14
Charter and regional

Danish Air Transport is flying under the radarDanish Air Transport is flying under the radar

I really like this thread! What a good idea!
As much as i like detailed model airports, this is really an interesting way to showcase the models.
I love the background btw!
Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM   #15
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Air Transport View Post
I really like this thread! What a good idea!
As much as i like detailed model airports, this is really an interesting way to showcase the models.
I love the background btw!
Thanks my friend.

Charter airlines lover