Herpa 533386 LH A320 "Say yes to Europe". - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Herpa 533386 LH A320 "Say yes to Europe".

Ciao friends.
I have a question for you, a question born thanks to Herpa weird market plans:
Herpa model 533386 Lufthansa A320 "Say yes to Europe" sticker

has been announced among September/October 2019 news, being (maybe) released after two-three months.
The real airplane, D-AIZG, has been painted with the sticker "Say yes to Europe" from April to August 2019 (for EU elections), so it was a "yesterday" model before Herpa announced it.
Since August 2019 D-AIZG is flying with normal Lufthansa new livery.
Do you think it is normal for a manufacturer?
Do you think there is necessity for an already "obsolete" model, with not a special livery but with just a "politic sticker/written"?
What do you think?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
Second Officer

Kmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobby
Re: Herpa 533386 LH A320 "Say yes to Europe".

I think it’s complete bullshat that Herpa would waste time and resources making a rather insignificant model. Also a bold move to put something political on a model. I love LH as much as the next person but we don’t need any more stupid models like this one.
Kmonaghen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Ale, you can be sure that Herpa HAS a reason to produce it. In this particular case I am pretty sure this is sponsored by Lufthansa and possible EU and /or political parties.

Herpa is private business entity and especially the LH models form their biggest base.

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 11-24-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmonaghen View Post
I think it’s complete bullshat that Herpa would waste time and resources making a rather insignificant model. Also a bold move to put something political on a model. I love LH as much as the next person but we don’t need any more stupid models like this one.

I think that comment is possibly made only on the fact that you are non european citizen, how can you judge what this political thing possibly means to us ???

If I recall correctly, havent we seen also models for the presidential elections (Obama 757, Bush/Cheney or Kerry / Edwards in 1:400 757)

Also, who is WE ? If you or Ale dont want that model, fine, but there might be people who want it as they collect every possible LH model. Ever thought about that ?

And that is possible someone in Germany or in Europe, where Herpa has their strongest customer base.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Ale, you can be sure that Herpa HAS a reason to produce it. In this particular case I am pretty sure this is sponsored by Lufthansa and possible EU and /or political parties.

Herpa is private business entity and especially the LH models form their biggest base.
I know Herpa has a reason and Lufthansa too, but i wasn't considering the political reason (for me EU, as the "fathers" thought about it, doesn't exist since it was created...), but about a completely out-of-time model.
Even if it will be produced in December 2019 this particular airplane is flying in current Lufthansa livery since 4 months!
Maybe Herpa will deliver it in "yesterday" series.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I know Herpa has a reason and Lufthansa too, but i wasn't considering the political reason (for me EU, as the "fathers" thought about it, doesn't exist since it was created...), but about a completely out-of-time model.
Even if it will be produced in December 2019 this particular airplane is flying in current Lufthansa livery since 4 months!
Maybe Herpa will deliver it in "yesterday" series.

As Yesterday Series dont exist anymore, it will appear as normal release like others...
Old 11-24-2019, 10:27 AM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Much probably a release directed to Lufthansa, and not to collectors. A boring and dispensable model in my opinion. However, a correct move by Herpa. If a client (Lufthansa) is ordering and paying, they'll have to do it...
Old 11-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #8
The Dark Side

Another question is natural:
If Lufthansa wants this model and reaches a deal with Herpa, why not to produce it before o while the real airplane is flying? If Lufthansa plans to add a sticker to an A320 and this "special livery" will wear the fuselage from April to August 2019, why not to plan the 1:500 model in time?
Annouce it among January/February 2018 news and having it in our hands around April/May 2019!
This could be normal.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 11-24-2019 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:25 PM   #9
RJ First Officer

captainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributor

I don't mind models like this, they add something a little bit different to the normal liveries out there. Although having said that my collecting is pointed towards older types and liveries anyway.
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #10
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

I think you're making a problem out of something that isn't a problem.

It is a model with a livery that exists/existed. There is absolutely no reason for Herpa not to release it. There will be enough people that will buy and collect it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it (you will anyway :p ). But all in all there is no problem with Herpa releasing it after the livery was removed. With the livery being on the plane for such a short time, there was no chance for Herpa to release it during the flight time anyway....

Also: i doubt that LH already knew in december that they will make that livery, so Herpa couldn't put it in the jan/feb announcement.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #11
Second Officer

Kmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobbyKmonaghen is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
I think that comment is possibly made only on the fact that you are non european citizen, how can you judge what this political thing possibly means to us ???

If I recall correctly, havent we seen also models for the presidential elections (Obama 757, Bush/Cheney or Kerry / Edwards in 1:400 757)

Also, who is WE ? If you or Ale dont want that model, fine, but there might be people who want it as they collect every possible LH model. Ever thought about that ?

And that is possible someone in Germany or in Europe, where Herpa has their strongest customer base.
First, i mean no disrespect. I just feel it was a wasted spot where something more desirable for collectors all around could have had a model. I dont degrade the meaning, my point is that its a bold statement that not all may agree with. As charter said, its now outdated.
Kmonaghen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #12
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

I think most of the BUYERS (not COLLECTOR-enthusiasts like us) don't care if the airplane still flies like this or not. And on top I think LH wants that model. It's an industrie order of LH...

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #13
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepxs View Post
I think you're making a problem out of something that isn't a problem.

It is a model with a livery that exists/existed. There is absolutely no reason for Herpa not to release it. There will be enough people that will buy and collect it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it (you will anyway :p ). But all in all there is no problem with Herpa releasing it after the livery was removed. With the livery being on the plane for such a short time, there was no chance for Herpa to release it during the flight time anyway....

Also: i doubt that LH already knew in december that they will make that livery, so Herpa couldn't put it in the jan/feb announcement.

Spot on Sheep, couldnt say any better. Even though model doesnt bear the livery anymore, I think we have seen so many which came already lightyears after the originals flew....all BA Heritage models came out later than their originals.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:27 AM   #14
Charter and regional

Danish Air Transport is flying under the radarDanish Air Transport is flying under the radar

Regarding the changed livery it's just part of collecting herpa nowadays... It's like the WOW air A321 herpa decided to release in the white livery even though it was repainted in to the normal purple livery more than two years before the model was announced!
Old 11-25-2019, 06:51 AM   #15
The Dark Side

Maybe i will make the same if Herpa would produce each Alitalia special livery or sticker-livery.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: