"A small step for Herpa, one giant leap for a collector". - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
"A small step for Herpa, one giant leap for a collector".

Neil Armstrong, once landed on the Moon and close to put the foot on the ground, said:
"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind". Great words, something written in history.
With this thread i would like to brick these great words back to our hobby: which model/models is/are a "small step for Herpa but a giant leap for a collector"?
For me a giant leap already have been British Airways A320, Aer Lingus A320, SAS B737-800WL and Bulgarian Air Charter MD-80: British Airways and Aer Lingus A320's a MUST for 1:500 collection, SAS B737-800WL expression of charter/leisure activity of Scandinavian airline, Bulgarian Air Charter MD-80 an unexpected release, something closely linked to MD-80 production (but even, in a minor proportion, thanks to Herpa liking for airlines of Bulgaria...VIA, Bulgaria Air, Balkan, B.A.C., Balkan Holidays).
These models were important for me but not so "giant leap" like two others:
TUI Airways B757-200WL
Novair A321neo

The TUI Airways B757-200WL has been something of unexpected and so elegant and beautiful to make tears: the indisputable beauty of the B757, the beautiful livery of TUI Airlines (this can be a subjective element), the purely leisure/charter activity of TUI Airways (this is a subjective element).
In any way you think, TUI Airways B757-200WL has been a milestone of 1:500 collection.

The Novair A321neo is the real "giant leap" for me. A niche airline, unknown to most, known just by me, few collectors from Sweden, very few charter/leisure airlines lovers and very,very few spotters.
Novair has been a myth for me and when Herpa announced the production of this airline i was the happiest collector of the world!
Now i have to Novair A321neo models in my hands, ready to perform leisure/charter routes to my many holiday airports.

Which are your milestones? Which models are "a small step for Herpa and a giant leap for you"?

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2019, 05:01 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: "A small step for Herpa, one giant leap for a collector".

Novair A321neo

My only pics of Novair A321 landing at Santorini airport

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; Today at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:02 AM   #3
The Dark Side

TUI Airways B757-200WL

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
The Dark Side

For me a next "giant leap" would be Neos B737-800WL and B787-9 but also, at the 2nd place, an Air Caraibes A350-900 and a Virgin Atlantic A350-1000 and/or an Enter Air B737-800WL.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 09-12-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

In this thread we can see how different opinions and tastes can be. Personally, I don't care about the Novair A321 and the TUI 757 at all, I didn't buy both.

But to me a small step for Herpa would be A DC-10 Laker "Skytrain". The ultimate DC-10 livery and the very beginning of the low cost era.

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 AM   #6
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

A 1:500 milestone for me was the release of the BWIA DC-9 50. My second flight EVER was on one of these planes, from MIA to Kingston during Christmas, 1977! This was a beautifully executed model, perfect in every way, and was completely unexpected.

As for now, I still wait patiently (but certainly not holding my breath) for the release, someday, of a 1:500 scale Northwest Orient 747-200 in original colors, which was my first flight ever. Nonetheless, I am very appreciative of the other unexpected historical releases, and of the many contemporary models (I collect tons of both), that Herpa has released over the years.

Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote