1. How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale? (select the most accurate answer)
e. I already discontinued my former collecting activities and buy only sporadically 1:500 scale models (ｻtransition stateｫ).
Only collecting some key airlines in my collection. No expansion whatsoever.
2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority? [You can select up to two answers!]
More releases of
a. short and medium haul aircraft. more main fleet, please
d. historic aircraft. pioneers and icons, like more Pan Am
3. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to important missing airlines brands would you prioritize? [You can select only up to two answers!]
The inclusion of
I know it said only up to two, but I can actually give ONE answer: there's a big gaping hole in East Asia!
l. ANA (herpa)
m. Japan Airlines (herpa)
n. Cathay Pacific (herpa)
o. Korean Air (herpa)
4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize? [You can select up to two answers!]
More models imaging air traffic in
Can you go wrong with these two large fanbases outside of Europe?
b. North America
f. Asia and the Far East.
5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize? [You can select only one answer!]
b. New moulds of historic aircraft (e.g. An-26) You don't see a lot of the old planes anymore!
6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying? [You can select only one answer!]
a. Wrong livery details (lack of research, no preproduction run samples)
7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]
a. A320/A321 neo: oversized engine pylons (and engines) Thousands flying out there, and they can't get it right?!?
8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]
d. MD-11 (herpa): outdated mould with far too many issues I know there's not much potential liveries, but did they even try? They just put a half-hearted effort on the OG mould! Took them ages to re-do the DC-10.
9. The ｻmost neededｫ model for your collection or airport scenery would be: [You only have only up to 5 choices (for the sake of clarity; I know many of you have hundreds of wishes); there are no livery or mould restrictions; you could choose for instance a Saab 340 in fantasy Christmas colours (a ridiculous mould/livery combination that would never have a chance to be realized)]
a. A proper Boeing 720
b. Boeing 707-120
d. accurate airport vehicles (catering trucks and people movers)
e. More airports from outside Europe! (LAX is very welcome! Japanese airport, anyone?)
My personal survey answers are:
1d (ｻunfaithful stateｫ)
2a + d (more short/medium haul + historic aircraft)
3b + d (easyJet + Southwest)
4a + c (Eastern Europe + Latin America)
5a (Embraer E2)
6c (wrong cockpit window printing)
7a (A320/A321 neo engine pylon corrections) [maybe in 5 years realistic]
8b (B737-300 renewal) [sadly very unlikely]
9: DC6 United (50ties livery), DC-8 51 Delta (late 60ties widget livery), A319 easyJet, 737-800 SS Southwest, A320 neo LATAM [this of course is almost a random selection of all of my wishes]
Given the representative status of this forum this survey is just a pastime. But I'm nevertheless curious about your answers.
THANK YOU! for posting this! I think you could collate answers and send it to Herpa.