1:500-scale survey - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby
1:500-scale survey

1. How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale? (select the most accurate answer)

a. I enjoy collecting 1:500 models and I知 generally satisfied with 1:500-scales range and quality (サhoneymoon stateォ).
b. From time to time I知 unhappy with 1:500-scales range or quality but all in all I enjoy collecting 1:500 models (サsigns of first sobrietyォ).
c. I regret 1:500-scales range restrictions and ongoing quality problems but overall the positive feelings predominate (サrepeatedly disillusioned but still in hopeォ).
d. Time and again I知 so disappointed and frustrated with 1:500-scales range restrictions and ongoing quality problems that I consider changing core themes or even scale (サunfaithful stateォ).
e. I already discontinued my former collecting activities and buy only sporadically 1:500 scale models (サtransition stateォ).

2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority? [You can select up to two answers!]

More releases of

a. short and medium haul aircraft.
b. long haul aircraft.
c. freight aircraft.
d. historic aircraft.
e. military aircraft.

3. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to important missing airlines brands would you prioritize? [You can select only up to two answers!]

The inclusion of

a. Ryanair.
b. easyJet.
c. Wizz Air.
d. Southwest.
e. Spirit Airlines
f. Frontier Airlines
g. Volaris
h. VivaAerobus
i. Interjet
j. Copa Airlines
k. IndiGo
l. ANA (herpa)
m. Japan Airlines (herpa)
n. Cathay Pacific (herpa)
o. Korean Air (herpa)

4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize? [You can select up to two answers!]

More models imaging air traffic in

a. Eastern Europe
b. North America
c. Latin America.
d. Africa.
e. the Middle East.
f. Asia and the Far East.
g. Australia and Oceania.

5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize? [You can select only one answer!]

a. New moulds of contemporary aircraft (e.g. Embraer E2)
b. New moulds of historic aircraft (e.g. An-26)
c. New moulds of military aircraft (e.g. An-178, C-130J)

6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying? [You can select only one answer!]

a. Wrong livery details (lack of research, no preproduction run samples)
b. Wrong colours (lack of research, no preproduction run samples)
c. Wrong cockpit window printing (no preproduction run samples)

7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

a. A320/A321 neo: oversized engine pylons (and engines)
b. ATR-72: oversized front gear (and front gear doors)
c. B757-200: gears (bulky front gear, too low main gears)
d. B787-9/10: too low main gears

8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

a. Fokker F100 (completely outdated mould of nearly OG standards)
b. B737-300 (prior moulds were outdated and are not accessible anymore)
c. Lockheed 1011-500: outdated mould with far too many issues
d. MD-11 (herpa): outdated mould with far too many issues
e. B777 (herpa): wrong shape of the nose (and cockpit window) section, restricted engine selection)
f. A350-900 (herpa): wrong shape of the nose (and cockpit window) section, too thin fuselage

9. The サmost neededォ model for your collection or airport scenery would be: [You only have only up to 5 choices (for the sake of clarity; I know many of you have hundreds of wishes); there are no livery or mould restrictions; you could choose for instance a Saab 340 in fantasy Christmas colours (a ridiculous mould/livery combination that would never have a chance to be realized)]

a.
b.
c.
d.
e.

My personal survey answers are:
1d (サunfaithful stateォ)
2a + d (more short/medium haul + historic aircraft)
3b + d (easyJet + Southwest)
4a + c (Eastern Europe + Latin America)
5a (Embraer E2)
6c (wrong cockpit window printing)
7a (A320/A321 neo engine pylon corrections) [maybe in 5 years realistic]
8b (B737-300 renewal) [sadly very unlikely]
9: DC6 United (50ties livery), DC-8 51 Delta (late 60ties widget livery), A319 easyJet, 737-800 SS Southwest, A320 neo LATAM [this of course is almost a random selection of all of my wishes]

Given the representative status of this forum this survey is just a pastime. But I'm nevertheless curious about your answers.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor
Re: 1:500-scale survey

1. C
2. A + C (More short haul and cargo)
3. Ryanair & Wizzair
4. Eastern Europe & Africa
5. New moulds of contemporary aircraft (e.g. Embraer E2)
6.Wrong colours (lack of research, no preproduction run samples)
7. A320/A321 neo: oversized engine pylons (and engines)
8. B737-300 (prior moulds were outdated and are not accessible anymore)
9. Loganair Saab2000, Wideroe Q400, Wideroe E2, Easyjet A320, Finnair ATR72
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
Earning My Wings

Kinsman Voyager is flying under the radarKinsman Voyager is flying under the radar

1b
2c; 2d
3d; 3L
4d
5b
6c !!!!!!!!!!!!
7a
8d
9 MD-11 Varig o/c (only with an updated mould, please), B741 Continental (black and red meatball and 1990s livery)
Kinsman Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-27-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
RJ Second Officer

ragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post

d. Time and again I’m so disappointed and frustrated with 1:500-scales range restrictions and ongoing quality problems that I consider changing core themes or even scale (サunfaithful stateォ).

I am at the point where I am thinking about 3D printing/custom molding planes and doing my own decals. Seriously, Herpa. Lay off the crack pipe. I need another Emirates special print the same way I need fleas on my dog's butt.

2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority? [You can select up to two answers!]

More releases of

b. long haul aircraft.

Freights tend to be recolors of passenger models, historic stuff...hmm, I think DC-3/6/7s are tiny on 1:500 (but DC-10s/Tristars/727s/VC-10s and B707s are decent), how many mil types require 1:500 (C-141/Tu-76/Y-20 and maybe the C-5)? Seriously, concentrate on the current crop of planes.

3. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to important missing airlines brands would you prioritize? [You can select only up to two answers!]

The inclusion of

d. Southwest.
g. Volaris

4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize? [You can select up to two answers!]

c. Latin America.
d. Africa.

Oh look here's a new African state carrier...oh wait, it just went out of business.

5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize? [You can select only one answer!]

Fix your ****, Herpa.

6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying? [You can select only one answer!]

Nothing is more annoying than lack of research. I can fix cockpit prints, but livery embed screw-ups really gets my goat.

7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

Most popular new narrowbody type in the world and it's a nacelle dragger? Fix your ****, Herpa. Or else F-Toys will.

8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

e. B777 (Herpa): wrong shape of the nose (and cockpit window) section, restricted engine selection)
GE90 all day, everyday. And that should apply to Hogan as well. Seriously, am I going to have to start custom molding PW4000 pylons off the F-Toys?

Also, F-Toys: PW4000 all day, every day.

9. The サmost neededォ model for your collection or airport scenery would be: [You only have only up to 5 choices (for the sake of clarity; I know many of you have hundreds of wishes); there are no livery or mould restrictions; you could choose for instance a Saab 340 in fantasy Christmas colours (a ridiculous mould/livery combination that would never have a chance to be realized)]

a. A decent Jetblue A321 (ceo or neo)
b. A good Spirit A319
c. A good Jetblue A220
d. A good Iran Aseman B737-400
e. A good Cathay Convair 990
See entries in bold above.

Last edited by ragefury32; 08-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.
ragefury32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Such a fun survey! Here are my results!:

1. How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale?

c. I regret 1:500-scales range restrictions and ongoing quality problems but overall the positive feelings predominate (サrepeatedly disillusioned but still in hopeォ).

2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority?

b. long haul aircraft.

3. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to important missing airlines brands would you prioritize?

Choosing on behalf of the whole 1:500 community, I choose these: a. Ryanair.
b. easyJet.

Choosing on my own taste, I choose these: d. Southwest. j. Copa Airlines

4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize?

Choosing on behalf of the whole 1:500 community, I choose these: a. Eastern Europe b. North America

Choosing on my own taste, I choose these: b. North America
c. Latin America.

5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize?

6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying?

7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing?

8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing?

e. B777 (herpa): wrong shape of the nose (and cockpit window) section, restricted engine selection)

9. The サmost neededォ model for your collection or airport scenery would be:

- Atlas Air B747-400F
- Southwest B737-800
- Air Antilles ATR 72-600
- Copa Airlines B737-800
- LIAT ATR 72-600
Old 08-27-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

1. B & C but slowly heading towards E
2. A & E
3. B
4. A & B
5. A
6. A
7. A
8. F
9. Virgin Atlantic A330-200
A350-1000
Loganair ERJ-145
easyJet A320/321 NEO
La Compagnie A321NEO
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
RJ Second Officer

MarcSant is flying under the radar

b. From time to time I’m unhappy with 1:500-scales range or quality but all in all I enjoy collecting 1:500 models (サsigns of first sobrietyォ).

2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority?

d. historic aircraft.

The inclusion of

a. Ryanair.
b. easyJet.

a. Eastern Europe

a. Antonov AN12 Cavok Air
b. A330-200 Level
c. A321NEO Arkia
d. A32X Finnair (Current standard Colours)
e. B757 Privilege Style
MarcSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #8
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

a. I enjoy collecting 1:500 models and I知 generally satisfied with 1:500-scales range and quality (サhoneymoon stateォ).
b. From time to time I知 unhappy with 1:500-scales range or quality but all in all I enjoy collecting 1:500 models (サsigns of first sobrietyォ).
d. Time and again I知 so disappointed and frustrated with 1:500-scales range restrictions and ongoing quality problems that I consider changing core themes or even scale (サunfaithful stateォ).
e. I already discontinued my former collecting activities and buy only sporadically 1:500 scale models (サtransition stateォ).

More releases of

b. long haul aircraft.
c. freight aircraft.
d. historic aircraft.
e. military aircraft.

The inclusion of

a. Ryanair.
b. easyJet.
c. Wizz Air.
d. Southwest.
e. Spirit Airlines
f. Frontier Airlines
g. Volaris
h. VivaAerobus
i. Interjet
j. Copa Airlines
k. IndiGo
l. ANA (herpa)
o. Korean Air (herpa)

a. Eastern Europe
b. North America
c. Latin America.
d. Africa.
e. the Middle East.
g. Australia and Oceania.

c. New moulds of military aircraft (e.g. An-178, C-130J)

Note: I consider the 737-300 and -400 as "contemporary aircrafts"

c. Wrong cockpit window printing (no preproduction run samples)

c. B757-200: gears (bulky front gear, too low main gears)
d. B787-9/10: too low main gears

a. Fokker F100 (completely outdated mould of nearly OG standards)
c. Lockheed 1011-500: outdated mould with far too many issues
d. MD-11 (herpa): outdated mould with far too many issues
f. A350-900 (herpa): wrong shape of the nose (and cockpit window) section, too thin fuselage

Note: 747-400!!!!!!!!!

a. Set of all six Brussels Airlines A320 in "Belgian Icons" livery
b. Brussels Airlines A320 in regular livery
c. United 767-300WL
d. Korean Air A330-200 or A380
e. Southwest 737-700 new livery

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #9
RJ First Officer

HAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radar

More releases of

b. long haul aircraft.

The inclusion of

a. Ryanair.
b. easyJet.

a. Eastern Europe
e. the Middle East.

a. Air Malta A320N, 9H-NEO
b. easyJet A319, G-EZID, "100th A319 livery"
c. any Onur Air
d. Turkish A319
e. Loganair Saab 2000, G-LGNO, white livery

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #10
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale? (select the most accurate answer)

b. long haul aircraft.

The inclusion of

b. easyJet.
d. Southwest.

b. North America

Well what would wrong engine and other stupid mistakes regarding the mould be related to?

a. easyJet A320(neo) family
b. El Al 737-800
c. Korean Air 777-200ER
d. AtlasGlobal A321
e. China Airlines A350-900
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:33 PM   #11
Master ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Only collecting some key airlines in my collection. No expansion whatsoever.

More releases of

a. short and medium haul aircraft. more main fleet, please

d. historic aircraft. pioneers and icons, like more Pan Am

The inclusion of

I know it said only up to two, but I can actually give ONE answer: there's a big gaping hole in East Asia!
l. ANA (herpa)
o. Korean Air (herpa)

Can you go wrong with these two large fanbases outside of Europe?
b. North America

b. New moulds of historic aircraft (e.g. An-26) You don't see a lot of the old planes anymore!

a. A320/A321 neo: oversized engine pylons (and engines) Thousands flying out there, and they can't get it right?!?

d. MD-11 (herpa): outdated mould with far too many issues I know there's not much potential liveries, but did they even try? They just put a half-hearted effort on the OG mould! Took them ages to re-do the DC-10.

a. A proper Boeing 720
b. Boeing 707-120
c. DC-10-40
d. accurate airport vehicles (catering trucks and people movers)
e. More airports from outside Europe! (LAX is very welcome! Japanese airport, anyone?)

1d (サunfaithful stateォ)
2a + d (more short/medium haul + historic aircraft)
3b + d (easyJet + Southwest)
4a + c (Eastern Europe + Latin America)
5a (Embraer E2)
6c (wrong cockpit window printing)
7a (A320/A321 neo engine pylon corrections) [maybe in 5 years realistic]
8b (B737-300 renewal) [sadly very unlikely]
9: DC6 United (50ties livery), DC-8 51 Delta (late 60ties widget livery), A319 easyJet, 737-800 SS Southwest, A320 neo LATAM [this of course is almost a random selection of all of my wishes]

Given the representative status of this forum this survey is just a pastime. But I'm nevertheless curious about your answers.

THANK YOU! for posting this! I think you could collate answers and send it to Herpa.

Last edited by hikouki; 08-27-2019 at 03:35 PM.
hikouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:34 PM   #12
RJ First Officer

Skyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributorSkyteam67 is a good contributor

1. How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale?

b. From time to time I’m unhappy with 1:500-scales range or quality but all in all I enjoy collecting 1:500 models (サsigns of first sobrietyォ).

c. freight aircraft.

a. Ryanair.
d. Southwest.

[B]4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize? [You can select up to two answers!]

c. Latin America.

5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize?

6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying?

7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing?

8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing?

9. The サmost neededォ model for your collection or airport scenery would be:

a. China Airlines A350
b. Air China A330-300
c. Luxair Q400
d. Easyjet A320
e. Ryanair 737-800
Skyteam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:52 PM   #13
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragefury32 View Post
how many mil types require 1:500 (C-141/Tu-76/Y-20 and maybe the C-5)?
A B-52 would be amazing!

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #14
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Note: 747-400!!!!!!!!!
YES! My #1 priority in the list of molds that need urgent replacement.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:41 PM   #15
RJ First Officer

Budgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dogBudgie is a top dog

More releases of

b. long haul aircraft.

The inclusion of

a. Ryanair.
d. Southwest.

b. North America
c. Latin America.

For this one, I don't agree with the three available answers: I'm okay with slightly off-colour models and even the wrong registration etc but I wish we would see more details that should be visible even at our scale. Cargo door hatches should be more than just a rectangle with rounded edges, all airlines are covered with black and red lines and markings that mark jet blast exclusion zones, guides for GSE etc

This one isn't such a big deal to me

a. American Airlines A321
b. Southwest 738
c. Ryanair 738
d. Delta 752
e. JAL 787

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: