1:500-scale survey - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #16
RJ Second Officer

ragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciated
Re: 1:500-scale survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
A B-52 would be amazing!
Eh, I have an F-Toys 1:300, and it's already a pain to put together. I doubt that a 1:500 diecast will work all that well.

ragefury32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 01:28 PM   #17
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
A B-52 would be amazing!
Mumrik once did this great B-52, a 3D printed model, in 1:500.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:18 AM   #18
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
My personal survey answers are:
9. Loganair Saab2000, Wideroe Q400, Wideroe E2, Easyjet A320, Finnair ATR72
Saab 2000: A small regional aircraft (slow seller) with few operators (livery options), a model our current 1:500-scale manufacturers would never take into account. But nonetheless a beautiful dream.
Wideroe: I’m still hoping for an E2 next year and Wideroe would be a logic option.
easyJet: The absence of this LCC in 1:500-scale (and under-representation even in 1:400-scale) is a mystery to me.
Finnair ATR72: would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsman Voyager View Post
1b
9 MD-11 Varig o/c (only with an updated mould, please), B741 Continental (black and red meatball and 1990s livery)
Instead of a new developed An22 (like the Tu114 and the Tu144 a beautiful model but with very few livery options) herpa should have renewed its ugly MD11-mould.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragefury32 View Post
See entries in bold above.
I’m one of the stupid collectors who time and again support low quality in our scale and in the past have bought two poor looking JetBlue A321.
There is a good CV990 mould (the old comparatively accurately downscaled Witty Wings mould) but herpa has no licence and the other potential manufacturers no access (HOGAN) or no interest (JC-Wings, Sky500).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
- Atlas Air B747-400F
In spite of the Netmodels mould?
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2019, 06:21 AM   #19
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
Saab 2000: A small regional aircraft (slow seller) with few operators (livery options), a model our current 1:500-scale manufacturers would never take into account. But nonetheless a beautiful dream.
Wideroe: I’m still hoping for an E2 next year and Wideroe would be a logic option.
easyJet: The absence of this LCC in 1:500-scale (and under-representation even in 1:400-scale) is a mystery to me.
Finnair ATR72: would be great!
But they made the Shorts 360 and produced what 5 models? So there's always hope for random planes.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:31 AM   #20
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
Virgin Atlantic A330-200; A350-1000
Virgin atlantic seems to be another important airline that herpa somehow lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSant View Post
a. Antonov AN12 Cavok Air
Antonov AN12: I’m not without hope that we will see the An12 in 1:500-scale in the coming years (maybe already 2020?).

Quote:
Note: I consider the 737-300 and -400 as "contemporary aircrafts"
Note: 747-400!!!!!!!!!

Set of all six Brussels Airlines A320 in "Belgian Icons" livery
I know that many B737-300/400/500/600 are still active, but sadly no manufacturer seems to be interested in our scale.
I knew that the 747-issue would come up. Yes, the Netmodels 747 has this nasty »center wing tank« (inflated wing-basis), the poor front gear and other minor issues, but compared to many newer moulds (especially the A350-900) it decently represents the real plane (we have sadly reached the point that this old, but seemingly unbreakable »third choice« mould looks nowadays »acceptable«).
New A320-family releases wearing the Brussels Airlines livery are long overdue. I never understood why Sky500 did not follow with another (at least here in Europe so successful) A320 Brussels Airlines special livery release. But Sky500 activities are (and I guess they will always be) totally unclear to me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAJ-09L View Post
e. Loganair Saab 2000, G-LGNO, white livery
Another collector dreaming of a Loganair (Easyjet: ERJ145)- or rather Loganair/Saab 2000-release (SandborgAirport)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Well what would wrong engine and other stupid mistakes regarding the mould be related to?
Yes I omitted the category »stupid or unexplainable errors«.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:00 AM   #21
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
I know it said only up to two, but I can actually give ONE answer: there's a big gaping hole in East Asia!
a. A proper Boeing 720
b. Boeing 707-120

THANK YOU! for posting this! I think you could collate answers and send it to Herpa.
The big gap: Yes, herpa seems to have no access to nearly all important East Asian carriers. And the remaining manufacturers do little or nothing.
B707-120/B720: A proper Boeing 720 or Boeing 707-120 IMHO is even lacking in 1:400-scale (Aeroclassics B720 is nearly 20 years old and it looks that old).
Sending answers to herpa: As I stated at the thread starting post. This review is just a passtime. herpa has to make many compromises and kwows its shortcomings very well. And as long as there are collectors as me, who also make compromises in order to update their collection with nasty A320-family neos, why should they invest just a little money for specific A320/A321 neo engine pylons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyteam67 View Post
c. Luxair Q400
Do you want a Luxair Q400 rerelease?

Quote:
A B-52 would be amazing!
herpa would probably rather opt for the B52 than for the overdue Embraer E2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
For this one, I don't agree with the three available answers: I'm okay with slightly off-colour models and even the wrong registration etc but I wish we would see more details that should be visible even at our scale. Cargo door hatches should be more than just a rectangle with rounded edges, all airlines are covered with black and red lines and markings that mark jet blast exclusion zones, guides for GSE etc
a. American Airlines A321
b. Southwest 738
c. Ryanair 738
d. Delta 752
e. JAL 787
Ok, lack of detailes would have been another valid point.

If you mean Delta 75W all your wishes are in my top 25 list.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:52 AM   #22
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
9. The »most needed« model for your collection or airport scenery would be:

- Atlas Air B747-400F
Quote:
In spite of the Netmodels mould?
lol hell no!
"there are no livery or mould restrictions", right? So definitely I would choose Starjets mold (they don't have a 747-400F mold but hey, let's do it by using the fuselage of a 747-100/200 and wings of the 400!) or at least Herpa NG1.

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 08-29-2019 at 07:57 AM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #23
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Yes I omitted the category »stupid or unexplainable errors«.
I can tolerate Herpa missing tiny details on the livery, or the colours just being ever-so-slightly off. But just slapping a pair of GE90s under every 777-200ER shows their lack of interest to me..

Still I think this questionnaire is awesome.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #24
Second Officer

Quote:
I can tolerate Herpa missing tiny details on the livery, or the colours just being ever-so-slightly off. But just slapping a pair of GE90s under every 777-200ER shows their lack of interest to me..
Ok, this falls into the category »intentional errors« or overstated »fraudulant labelling«.

Quote:

Still I think this questionnaire is awesome.
Thank you, but I think that I could have done a much better survey.

The first question has a hint of sarcasm and could therefore be misunderstood as biased.

Questions 6, 7 and 8 focus on negativ aspects of our hobby and offer only limited options to answer. This could be misinterpreted as manipulative.

In hindsight I could have formulated the first question in a more neutral tone, I could have integrated some questions about positive experiences and I could have offered more, and maybe some neutral answer options in the »what is improvable-section« (questions 6, 7 and 8).

But I didn’t take this survey entirely seriously, it was more meant to offer a little bit of fun and variety for the sometime afflicted, sometime bored collector. In any case it was not my intention to distort 1:500-scale’s present state into the negative or manipulate anyone’s attitude towards our hobby.

Maybe anyone of the silent majority could help out with a revised, more balanced survey.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #25
RJ Second Officer

ragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciatedragefury32 is appreciated

Quote:

I know that many B737-300/400/500/600 are still active, but sadly no manufacturer seems to be interested in our scale.
F-Toys rolled one out recently (2015/2018 re-release). Their 737-400 mold is quite well done (lacking landing gear details, but you can have it with a stand and display it without the gear) and I can see good customs come out based on that as long as there are decals and good masking available. Too bad it's not easy to take the wing pylon/nacelle apart and recast in epoxy (I'll still try, though).
Old 08-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #26
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragefury32 View Post
...Too bad it's not easy to take the wing pylon/nacelle apart and recast in epoxy (I'll still try, though).

Then good luck with your recasting experiments!
Old 08-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #27
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale?
c. I regret 1:500-scales range restrictions and ongoing quality problems but overall the positive feelings predominate (»repeatedly disillusioned but still in hope«).

2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority? [You can select up to two answers!]
More releases of
a. short and medium haul aircraft.
d. historic aircraft.

3. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to important missing airlines brands would you prioritize? [You can select only up to two answers!]

The inclusion of
a. Ryanair.
b. easyJet.

4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize? [You can select up to two answers!]

More models imaging air traffic in
a. Eastern Europe
c. Latin America.

5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize? [You can select only one answer!]

b. New moulds of historic aircraft (e.g. An-26)

6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying? [You can select only one answer!]
b. Wrong colours (lack of research, no preproduction run samples)

7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]
a. A320/A321 neo: oversized engine pylons (and engines)

8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

a. Fokker F100 (completely outdated mould of nearly OG standards)

9. The »most needed« model for your collection or airport scenery would be: [You only have only up to 5 choices (for the sake of clarity; I know many of you have hundreds of wishes); there are no livery or mould restrictions; you could choose for instance a Saab 340 in fantasy Christmas colours (a ridiculous mould/livery combination that would never have a chance to be realized)]

a. Luxair B747SP (new mould with wingtip antenna)
b. Swissair Fokker 100 (in a new mould)
c. Volotea B717
d. VLM Fokker 50 old colours
e. Icelandair B757-200 old colours
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #28
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
a. Luxair B747SP (new mould with wingtip antenna)
b. Swissair Fokker 100 (in a new mould)
c. Volotea B717
d. VLM Fokker 50 old colours
e. Icelandair B757-200 old colours
Luxair B747SP: Herpa had access to a nice 1:400 747SP mould with wingtip antennas in their Witty Wings period. If only JC-Wings could locate the mould-tooling and develop a decent, down-scaled version.

Swissair Fokker 100: The Fokker 100 was quite popular in Switzerland but strangely herpa only did the pink Helvetic. But this because herpa never was convinced of their »OG-NG-transition-mould« and only sporadically used it since 1999. In 1:200-scale it’s seems to be a totally different story.

Volotea B717: The last B717 were slow sellers (the Qantas seems to be a storekeeper), the Volotea I guess would sell better.

VLM Fokker 50 old colours: Again this was released by herpa in 1:200-scale but somehow missed our scale.

Icelandair B757-200 old colours: You will probably end up doing a custom version.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #29
RJ Second Officer

Quote:
Volotea B717: The last B717 were slow sellers (the Qantas seems to be a storekeeper), the Volotea I guess would sell better.

Icelandair B757-200 old colours: You will probably end up doing a custom version.
Or they can do a Hawaiian livery version (which almost always sell well judging by the hustle from Japanese tourists at HNL airport shops). It's been 2 years and there's still no "silver lei" livery versions of the B717s or the A330-200s on Herpa.com. I am almost hoping for F-Toys to release HA as the next airline in their "Airlines of the World" series after SQ - 767-300, L-1011, DC-10-30, A330-200, 717/MD-81, those are all modifications of their existing molds and will likely sell very well, what with Hawaii being seen as a premium destination by the Japanese and all.

As for the 757-200, nice plane (flew FI613/614 for JFK-KEF a few times), but those are getting long in the tooth. Plus Herpa's 1:500 molds for the flying dolphin isn't exactly great (I would prefer going 1:400 for that).
FI still haven't figured out what they are using to replace the 757-200s (considering that NMA/797 is pushed back and the A321XLR neo isn't exactly selling well).
Old 08-30-2019, 01:13 PM   #30
Earning My Wings

Maxus is flying under the radar

1. How comfortable are you with 1:500-scale? (select the most accurate answer)
B

2. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments relating to aviation segments would you give priority? [You can select up to two answers!]

a. short and medium haul aircraft.
d. historic aircraft

3. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to important missing airlines brands would you prioritize? [You can select only up to two answers!]

Ryanair & Wizz Air. And from me - Pobeda (russian lowcoster)

4. Which 1:500 scale model range adjustments with regard to air traffic regions would you prioritize? [You can select up to two answers!]

More models imaging air traffic in

Eastern Europe & Africa

5. Which further 1:500-scale model range extensions would you prioritize? [You can select only one answer!]

b. New moulds of historic aircraft (e.g. An-26). I would like to see Bristol Britannia, Tu-104, An-24/26, Yak-40/42

6. Which printing issues are for you the most annoying? [You can select only one answer!]

a. Wrong livery details (lack of research, no preproduction run samples)

7. Which mould issues are for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

a. A320/A321 neo: oversized engine pylons (and engines)

8. Which mould renewal is for you the most pressing? [You can select only one answer!]

d. MD-11 (herpa): outdated mould with far too many issues

9. The »most needed« model for your collection or airport scenery would be: [You only have only up to 5 choices (for the sake of clarity; I know many of you have hundreds of wishes); there are no livery or mould restrictions; you could choose for instance a Saab 340 in fantasy Christmas colours (a ridiculous mould/livery combination that would never have a chance to be realized)]

a. Tu-104 Aeroflot
b. Bristol Britannia - BOAC
c. A321 Wizzair
d. An-24/26 Aeroflot
e. Yak 40/42 Aeroflot
Maxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: