Ryanair, Wizz Air, airarabia.com...easyJet: do we need of these models? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Ryanair, Wizz Air, airarabia.com, easyJet in 1:500?
YES, i want these models in 1:500 and i am searching for them (produced). 26 83.87%
NO, as usually i don't care. 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Ryanair, Wizz Air, airarabia.com...easyJet: do we need of these models?

Ciao to all.
Many years ago Herpa released a Ryanair B737-800WL, Wizz Air A320, airarabia.com A320; about easyJet C&C from Hong Kong produced two B737-700OG (ugly models) and a manufacturer i don't remember tried to produce three beautiful B737-700NG, with pubblicity on the fuselage (Gatwick, tel numbers, etc.), then deleted.
Many members bought a great number of these LCC models, other are searching for them for many years and these three models (Ryanair B737-800WL, Wizz Air A320 and airarabia.com A320) seem to be very rare and difficult to find.
I don't know why Herpa stopped to produce and develop these LCC: in 1:400 scale these airlines are fully represented in all their liveries and airliners, while 1:500 scale once again seems to be late and the tomb of many dreams and wishes.
Would these models sell well?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Ryanair, Wizz Air, airarabia.com...easyJet: do we need of these models?

None of the options represent my opinion, so i'll not vote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
None of the options represent my opinion, so i'll not vote

Same here. ;-)

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2019, 08:48 PM   #4
RJ First Officer

The_K is flying under the radar

The list may be slightly different for everyone, like airarabia isn't relevant for me. For me other important LCCs are Norwegian, Vueling or Air Baltic, all which have current 1:500 models. Wizz (where the Herpa model is outdated in colors since 2015) and Easyjet however are in fact missing.

For Leo let me try a Brazilian list: Azul, Gol, Sky and maybe Viva Colombia.

One of my goals is to have all types regularly landing in Hamburg. For widebodies that was a quick task (there are only two or three). I got my Emirates A380 on a day exactly that registration was here. For narrowbodies that's much more difficult with a lot "never made", "sold out" or "not my subtype" (HAM is full of A319!).
The_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:56 PM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Actually, what is the point of these polls and threads?

"Do you want more 737s?"

"Do you think Model A or B should be released?"

"Do you think Herpa should produce more from airline X or Y?"

I believe we all know which are the key models missing in 1:500 scale, even if one does not collect them.
I don't wan't a Ryanair or Wizzair in my collection, but I understand and know they are very important in the 1:500 scale world, and would be fantastic to see these released. Each collector have their taste: one might collect only classics, one might collect only US-based airlines, etc etc.

So, what's really the point? You might find that X people want these airlines mentioned at the poll and that Y people don't. Then what?
If Herpa didn't produce a new Ryanair 737 or Wizzair or Easyjet A320, it's not because of low demand. It's because they have license issues.
They have stated this many times, didn't they? And also: you can't really study the demand of model A or B using W900 polls. The total number of voters, average, must be about 20

I'm sorry if i'm being kinda picky, but it's weird to find these odd threads now. "Would you like a 737-700 from Regent Airways? YES or NO" "This Bangladeshi airline have only 8 planes in their fleet, but it's a very important airline missing in 1:500 and bla bla bla"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K View Post

For Leo let me try a Brazilian list: Azul, Gol, Sky and maybe Viva Colombia.
Wrong, since I only collect models present in Caribbean airports only Gol would be relevant for me, but I already have their B738 in old and new colors. And Sky is Chilean and Viva Colombia is... well, Colombian. Only Gol and Azul are Brazilian. lol
Buy hey, that was a nice try, thanks!

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 05-27-2019 at 10:24 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:52 AM   #6
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Actually, what is the point of these polls and threads?

"Do you want more 737s?"

"Do you think Model A or B should be released?"

"Do you think Herpa should produce more from airline X or Y?"

I believe we all know which are the key models missing in 1:500 scale, even if one does not collect them.
I don't wan't a Ryanair or Wizzair in my collection, but I understand and know they are very important in the 1:500 scale world, and would be fantastic to see these released. Each collector have their taste: one might collect only classics, one might collect only US-based airlines, etc etc.

So, what's really the point? You might find that X people want these airlines mentioned at the poll and that Y people don't. Then what?
If Herpa didn't produce a new Ryanair 737 or Wizzair or Easyjet A320, it's not because of low demand. It's because they have license issues.
They have stated this many times, didn't they? And also: you can't really study the demand of model A or B using W900 polls. The total number of voters, average, must be about 20

I'm sorry if i'm being kinda picky, but it's weird to find these odd threads now. "Would you like a 737-700 from Regent Airways? YES or NO" "This Bangladeshi airline have only 8 planes in their fleet, but it's a very important airline missing in 1:500 and bla bla bla"
+1
Those poll threads are completely useless to me. Did Herpa ever released a model because it won a Wings900 poll? I don't think so...
The 1:500 section is full of "Do you want xxx model to be released" and it kinda gets annoying. We all have our preferences in collection and unfortunately many of us don't give a f*ck about Herpa releasing all the Neos fleet or an obscure Russian charter airline. Maybe it would be easier and quicker to create a poll "Do you want every aircraft to have ever flown to be released?"?

That might be one of the reasons why Herpa don't listen to customer's requests. If they get tons of emails requesting every-time a different aircraft because it's an important airline for Italian collectors or another small airline because other collectors would love it etc. Herpa will stop reading those emails and will of course ignore those requests.

If there's a model you really want in your collection, try to get a custom or cross your fingers and hope that Herpa will once release it.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Maybe this thread is nice and useful for the 12 people who voted, isn't it?
Don't like don't vote, of course. Post your threads, Wings900 lives because someone posts threads and other post comments, suggestions, considerations. If the only thing to say is "this thread is unuseful" Wings900 could also close. Just my opinion.
11 votes for some important European LCC missing in 1:500 scale are many. I live in Europe so i posted a thread about LCC i feel important for my handmade airports and, looking at the other 10 people voting for them, even for other collectors.
Then i agree with The K: collectors living in central-south America or Asia or Middle East would like more LCC from their countries.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 05-28-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #8
Selfie with bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Maybe this thread is nice and useful for the 12 people who voted, isn't it?
Don't like don't vote, of course. Post your threads, Wings900 lives because someone posts threads and other post comments, suggestions, considerations. If the only thing to say is "this thread is unuseful" Wings900 could also close. Just my opinion.
11 votes for some important European LCC missing in 1:500 scale are many. I live in Europe so i posted a thread about LCC i feel important for my handmade airports and, looking at the other 10 people voting for them, even for other collectors.
Then i agree with The K: collectors living in central-south America or Asia or Middle East would like more LCC from their countries.
You missed the point. It's not about "don't like, don't vote". That was actually childish

The point is: what are you expecting to get? You'll find out that some people want, some people don't want... ok, then what? Are you going to send an email to Herpa, telling them the result of your polls? Something like: "I think you should release Neos 737 because 7 people on W900 voted for it"??? Much probably won't work.

I think it's totally fine if you want a Neos B737-800, Aviolet B737-300, Greek-startup-airline with a single 737, etc. Everyone can have their tastes. But then, why not ordering custom models? You can even ask the registration you want, the livery you want, using the donor you want. Keep pressing Herpa for these controversial releases seem to be a waste of time for them, and might even unplease other collectors. Sure, you can drop Herpa some suggestions. It's nice and I bet they might enjoy it too. But these "battles" for a model which basically no one else really want or care are really tiring to see.

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 05-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #9
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

I would love to see again Ryanair, easyJet and Wizz Air in our scale, but I wish to join with the others in questioning the sense and purpose of these polls.

I assume that herpa knows that above mentioned European LCC would be popular among many collectors. Why they can’t reach an agreement with Ryanair/easyJet/Wizz Air and some other LCC (formerly Southwest, Indigo, Spirit Airlines, Jet2.com, Frontier Airlines) has to remain their own secret, especially given the fact that so many LCC were represented (or were announced) in recent years (in alphabetic order: AirBaltic, Air Canada Rouge, Allegiant Air, Azul, Blue Panorama, Cebu Pacific, Eurowings, Gol, Flybe, FlySafair, JetBlue, Jetstar, kulula.com, Lion Air, Nok Air, Norwegian, Mango, Pegasus, Thai Air Asia, Transavia, Tui Fly, Vueling, Westjet). In other words: the majority of LCC has been considered (oddly enough all South African LCC), but the three largest LCC (ranked by number of transported passengers: Southwest Airlines, Ryanair, easyJet) are since many years not represented.

As airlines without widebody aircraft have a difficult position in our scale it is quite surprising that LCC (that mostly operate only on a regional or continental level and don’t need widebody aircraft) are so well represented.

The inability to integrate the three largest LCC may rankle. But I think it’s far away from being herpa’s biggest problem.

If we could ask collectors, who were active in the last two decades, why they quit the hobby, the majority of them would probably answer that their interests and life priorities have changed and that they have grown out of the »model-airplane collector’s age« (yes some people pass beyond our stage). Some collector’s might have dropped out for health reasons (hard to believe but collecting does not prevent aging and does not make immortal), some might have quit for financial reasons or because they were unhappy with the perceived drop of value for money, but hardly any might have gave up because of the lack of a specific airline.

A representative survey of former 1:500-scale collectors who have switched scale could reveal that the lack of a specific airline played a certain role, but normally other factors (more competition, more quality, another range of moulds and (depending on region) better availability) are decisive.

I am neither an economist nor an entrepreneur but in times of shrinking demand I would focus on the company’s strengths, try to reduce production costs but nevertheless fight for more quality and would be very careful to extend the product range. And if my company would make quicker and safer money with an Emirates A380 re-release than with the new edition of a LATAM A320 neo, the »boring« Emirates re-release would be prioritized.

We could argue with herpa over some or other decision (whereby we normally have no insight into the background), we could argue over their quality standards, but we cannot stand there and claim that we now better than them, what sells fast and what sells bad. They are the ones that receive constant information about their stocks, which receive constant feedbacks from customers. This has not prevented them from occasional poor decisions and will not do so in future. But an occasional wrong decision is not a good argument for taking further risks (according to the motto: if you were prepared to release X, why you hesitate to release W?).

If anyone has good ideas how to increase demand, i.e. generate more collectors in times of rising prices, changing leisure-time activities, less opportunities to have physical experiences with a die-cast airliner model (less physical stores, less inflight sales), than he is welcome to present them to this forum. And those willing to overtax with the seemingly obvious »more competition« argument please add of where this increase in competition should come from.

getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #10
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Agree with the others in general. It is nice to know a tendency, but it is rather "optimistic" to say the least to hope for something pretty rare or, in this case, pretty difficult.

To be frank, if you see airlines like the ones you mentioned, they couldnt really care less about things like Marketing (e.g. old school marketing like we know it....Postcards, goodies etc) or models. Some of those companies wouldnt even have one who would really care that much about licence things or even dont have a proper "Marketing Department" like we used to know it from legacy carriers.
You need to keep in mind that this involves a longer process, not just saying you can do models with my logos. And I think this is where it goes past airlines like Easy, Ryanair or Southwest. They simply dont see the cost/revenue/earning analysis being beneficial for them with this. They dont need these marketing tools or dont consider them as a money earner...and this is what counts for them.

But dont want to ruin hopes completely and you can be lucky, as at least for my part it worked to see a longwanted model and I am still very thankful for Herpa they did it....but it took some years and I still hope, it earned them some money.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 AM   #11
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Actually, lets all be frank...we would love to see everything that flew so far

Some more, some less.

Look, I am still hoping for an old SAA 747-200 or 747SP, but I know it is barely happening.
In this case for political reasons. Guess everyone of us has ONE model he would give a lot for, but in general I would be happy to see everything what flew as it will be covering all wishes of all collectors.
But possibly ? I dont think so, so we need to accept also what seems to be less likely...it is what it is.

If you want more diversity, of course 1:400 is nice. But honestly, I am too old and too far in 1:500 with more than 1300 models to change again, after I moved once already from 1:600 to 1:500.

I can only give you one advice Ale, from my good old days collecting timetables (Hey young folks, yes....those were printed on real paper and not on Internet back in the days)

Can you get them all, globally, for every period ? Every local edition from Lufthansa UK issue to LH South America issue ? No, unlikely...so dont put yourself under stress you need to have everying, but rather be happy and enjoy IF you get one of them. It can be a pearl of your collection, as it was so rare....

Same for your collection...you got a Novair now....enjoy that and be happy and dont put so much energy into what HAS to come and what Herpa MUST produce.

We are not the owners of HErpa, we dont decide....so there is not a MUST for them (at least not from our collectors side).

Just my 2 cents (OK, it is almost a Dollar with all that text, sorry).
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:39 AM   #12
The Dark Side

The point is: WHO decides if a thread is useful o not? And WHY to decide if a thread is useful o not according to the fact that everyone can write everything, even in polite manner and without offending other people?
The thread about Herpa "freaks" answers in not useful so according to the theory "not useful" it should be deleted. But it is funny and it doesn't offend anyone so i am happy it exists.
I don't know what i want to obtain, maybe yes, write a letter to Herpa telling them "me and other few collectors want and need Ryanair, easyJet, Wizz Air, airarabia.com, flyDubai, make everything possible to produce them" or maybe just a new thread in Wings900 dying site.
I never considered "unuseful" a thread or a post, it is also a form of respect for other members and for those posting threads and posts.
In my opinion Wings900 is dying even because many people, too many people, prefer to remain in the shadow instead of express their opinion and maybe being considered "unuseful".
And this is sad.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-28-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #13
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Wingslover said: »Those poll threads are completely useless to me«. He expressed his opinion, did not make any decision about the general use of poll threads and did not call to delete any thread. And I don’t think that a post with a bit of displeasure keeps anybody else from participating. Wings900 is not dying, let alone because of a few statements of displeasure. But Wings900 is (in my perception!) sometimes tiring, because periodic contents seem to be going round in circles. But of course anybody is free to start as many poll threads as he wants.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #14
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
But of course anybody is free to start as many poll threads as he wants.
Well said!
There are very interesting, interesting, less interesting and not at all interesting threads, in my opinion, there aren't useless threads.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-28-2019, 01:42 PM   #15
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Actually, lets all be frank...we would love to see everything that flew so far

Some more, some less.

Look, I am still hoping for an old SAA 747-200 or 747SP, but I know it is barely happening.
In this case for political reasons. Guess everyone of us has ONE model he would give a lot for, but in general I would be happy to see everything what flew as it will be covering all wishes of all collectors.
But possibly ? I dont think so, so we need to accept also what seems to be less likely...it is what it is.

If you want more diversity, of course 1:400 is nice. But honestly, I am too old and too far in 1:500 with more than 1300 models to change again, after I moved once already from 1:600 to 1:500.

I can only give you one advice Ale, from my good old days collecting timetables (Hey young folks, yes....those were printed on real paper and not on Internet back in the days)

Can you get them all, globally, for every period ? Every local edition from Lufthansa UK issue to LH South America issue ? No, unlikely...so dont put yourself under stress you need to have everying, but rather be happy and enjoy IF you get one of them. It can be a pearl of your collection, as it was so rare....

Same for your collection...you got a Novair now....enjoy that and be happy and dont put so much energy into what HAS to come and what Herpa MUST produce.

We are not the owners of HErpa, we dont decide....so there is not a MUST for them (at least not from our collectors side).

Just my 2 cents (OK, it is almost a Dollar with all that text, sorry).
We aren't writing and asking something to the Pope or to President Trump (even if Mr. Trump kindly answered to me three times!), but we are writing and asking something to Herpa, a manufacturer living thanks to our money.
So, dear friend, ask Herpa for your favourite or most needed models: you extremely want SAA B747-200 and/or B747SP? Ask! Write! I continue to be sure Herpa listens at our wishes as they showed us with Aer Lingus A320, British Arways A320, SAS B737-800WL, Novair A321neo and Bulgarian Air Charter MD-80! Of course there are airlines like British Airways, Emirates, Qantas, Delta, American Airlines, United, Etihad, Gulf Air, Air France, Lufthansa, less Alitalia for which we don't need to ask because Herpa will produce everything current and, for some, even something of the past.
But if we all write Herpa asking for our needs and wishes i don't think it is a useless thing to do.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: