1:500-scale freaking news - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-22-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby
1:500-scale freaking news

On the wrong track?

Dietenhofen: herpa’s product management is shocked about the newest Wings900 poll. »How could we make such incorrect assumptions about our customer wishes« they stated in an internal memorandum that has been leaked to the author. Moreover they argued that it may be perhaps appropriate to generally rethink their release strategy. However, they also recognized that it is very difficult to coordinate customer’s requests at the individual level, as they are faced weekly with a new bundle of requests from a single collector.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #2
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby
Re: 1:500-scale freaking news

Antitrust investigation launched

Brussels: Margrith Vestager, the European Commissioner responsible for competition has launched an antitrust investigation against herpa, the 1:500-scale market-leader. According to the European Commission herpa in the last ten years took advantage of its dominant position to continuously cut back collector’s interest by constantly ignoring market requirements.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
Second Officer

Consumer’s revolution?

Trending new questions have made lately impact in the 1:500 Scale Discussion section of Wings900. Who decides about demand, the industry, the airlines, the shops or we, the consumers? The mind behind these intriguing questions is known for his wide (or to put it into his words »global«) collector’s focus demonstrating us continuously how our buying habits can determine production standards.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
Second Officer

Does life exist out of earth?

Thanks to threads as »Herpa mysteries…« at least there is still life on Wings900. If you want to experience how discussions take on alien proportions drop in at »Herpa mysteries…«.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
Earning My Wings

Kinsman Voyager is flying under the radarKinsman Voyager is flying under the radar

Kinsman Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Alessandro, from Italy, is appointed as the new CEO of Herpa Miniaturmodelle Gmbh.

In his first day of work, he already gave us a gift! The 11/12 2019 release is now available!

- Neos B737-800
- Neos B737-800 "Split Scimitar Winglets"
- Neos B737-800 "Radio Italia" stickers
- Neos B737-800 "Samoa Airways basic colors"
- Aviolet B737-300
- Ellinair B737-300
- Ellinair B737-300 "Different reg"
- Aegean B737-300

what a lovely batch!
Old 05-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

Old 05-23-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
Second Officer

Attention Windows 10 (mobile, Android a.o. platform) users!

You are unhappy with herpa’s release choices? You believe that herpa products are not sufficiently geared to customer requirements?

Make sure Cortana knows your personal collector’s preferences!

This, however, presupposes that you know how Cortana works (learns, improves). Cortana monitors your daily activity and analyses your personal information not only on Windows 10 but via your World Wide browsing activities (if you think it does the latter only through Bing this is not the tutorial to show you how it works with for example Google or DuckDuckGo). I don’t have to go into further detail because the facts are actually very simple. The more you buy (and this is very important, BUY) on relevant online stores, the faster Cortana learns. Ok, you can tell Cortana that you »love the Boeing 737-300« (I don’t know why this specific airplane comes to my mind) but you will probably only receive unsatisfactory answers (»I honestly don’t think that’s in card for us«) that will remind you, that you have told her some improper things in the past. No, talking to Cortana in first line will improve her speech recognition capabilities but it won’t teach her your collector’s habits. Action speaks louder than words!

You are still using Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, you are a Windows 10 user but you have disabled Cortana?

Come on, what’s the matter with you, don’t you want the industry to tailor products and services for you individual needs?

You rely on other (voice) assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, Bixby)? I suppose it does not make a big difference as long as you don’t forget the decisive clicks.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #9
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Alessandro, from Italy, is appointed as the new CEO of Herpa Miniaturmodelle Gmbh.

In his first day of work, he already gave us a gift! The 11/12 2019 release is now available!

- Neos B737-800
- Neos B737-800 "Split Scimitar Winglets"
- Neos B737-800 "Radio Italia" stickers
- Neos B737-800 "Samoa Airways basic colors"
- Aviolet B737-300
- Ellinair B737-300
- Ellinair B737-300 "Different reg"
- Aegean B737-300

what a lovely batch!
I had a chance to get a copy of Herpa's latest new releases catalog:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/jp-airline-.../dp/189877949X

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #10
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

I'm using Windows XP.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:02 AM   #11
Second Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
I had a chance to get a copy of Herpa's latest new releases catalog:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/jp-airline-.../dp/189877949X
First amazon customer reviews were mixed:
»The level of detail of every single aircraft in airline service is amazing«
»The worst edition they have published, no A350 airliner,A320NEO,B737MAX...«

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
I'm using Windows XP.

Yes, and you keep hanging around on a retro looking forum! The time is long overdue for you to get in tune with progress and return to civilisation.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:02 AM   #12
Second Officer

herpa press release:

As demand for die cast regional airliners in 1:500-scale is in decline, we decided to explore new avenues and are proud to present with Cake Devils a new partner. Cake Devils, Greensboro, is since many years one of the leading fondant airplane manufacturers in North Carolina. We are positive that with Cake Devils we will have in our product range a tasty alternative that will please even some collectors of wide-body aircraft.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/16/78...ef5e7a0e4c.jpg

Remarks for the naggers on this forum: The airplane replicas shown on the picture are just samples! Mr. Borgmann assured me that »further details can be added«.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:43 AM   #13
Puddle Jumper

MarcSant is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
Antitrust investigation launched

Brussels: Margrith Vestager, the European Commissioner responsible for competition has launched an antitrust investigation against herpa, the 1:500-scale market-leader. According to the European Commission herpa in the last ten years took advantage of its dominant position to continuously cut back collector’s interest by constantly ignoring market requirements.
Gorgeous
MarcSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #14
Second Officer

Do you have a healthy collecting attitude?

In the past 20 years many 1:500-scale collectors have suffered unwelcome surprises that might have had adverse consequences on their (emotional) health and Work-LifeBalance.

On behalf of SACK (Self-aid-group of Addicted Collectors Kicking the habit) DIPA (Danish Institute for Psychological Assessments) has developed a short self-test to check if you have a rather healthy or rather noxious collecting attitude.

Question 1:
If herpa would be close to announce a new batch of models, which statement would best express your expectation?

A) I would be rather without much expectation as the last batches weren’t so interesting.
B) I would just let me wait to be surprised.
C) I would hope that finally one of my long time wishes comes true.
D) I would be desperately hoping that finally many of my most needed models would be realised.

Question 2:
herpa has announced a new batch of 16 models. Only 3 fit into your collection. What would probably be your feelings and subsequent actions?

A) You are deeply disappointed, consider quitting, but end up ordering 1 model.
B) Anticipation is clearly dominating and not without a certain relief that you got away with comparative low expenses you order just the 3 fitting models.
C) You are disappointed and concerned, because many of your long time wishes just don’t come true but you end up ordering 5 models.
D) You are angry and desperate because more and more of the secondary focal areas of your huge collection dry out but you end up ordering 13 models.

Question 3:
A parcel with new models has arrived. How do you mostly react?

A) With anxiety and concern (about possible flaws, potential wrong purchase decisions)
B) Joyful anticipation
C) With nervous tension (you can’t wait to held the new models in your hands)
D) With confusion (you have made so much orders lately that you lost the overview)

Question 4:
Do you have storing concerns?

A) Not at all, I already got rid of the vast majority of my collection.
B) No I don’t have storing problems because from time to time I reorganize my collection and sell those models that have become of minor importance.
C) Yes I have growing space conflicts but somehow have managed to accommodate new models in the past months.
D) I will have to call the fire brigade to liberate me because I’m totally blocked by piles of boxes.

Evaluation
A) 0 points, B) 1 point, C) 2 points D) 3 points
0 – 3 points: You have a rather depressive attitude and should consider professional help.
4 – 7 points: You are pretty safe.
8 – 11 points: You are beginning to show addictive behaviour and should consider professional help.
12 – 16 points: You are beginning to lose control and should be hospitalised.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:33 AM   #15
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

7 - close call

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: