What would you ask to Herpa? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
What would you ask to Herpa?

Ciao to all.
What would you ask to Herpa? Models, fleets, liveries, questions...i receive many PMs of members asking me to write Herpa about their wishes and their idea of 1:500 collection.
Many members don't have Herpa references to write to, but many don't want to write themself for shyness, or lack of time, or thousands of other reasons; to obtain what we want more for our collections we need to be united because Herpa should understand we all strongly want something (restart the production of B737-300/400/500, for example), but it is clear this is impossible because the "usual suspects" say NO to everything, not only they don't propose anything but their favorite sport is always criticize; i don't think this is useful for us collectors wanting our fleets growing, not necessarily with Novair or neos but even with more DC-10's, more B737 classic, more B767-200's, more more more and better better better.
Then, if these models are Novair or neos or US Airways or British Airways... or or or... i would be happy the same.
My first goal is to converse with Herpa, trying to make them aware we pay a lot of money and for this reason we should be part of their decisions, even if a very small part (of course!).
Honestly speaking i still have a great passion for 1:500 models so i will continue to contact Herpa proposing my wishes and my suggestions, for the same reason i will continue to work with the proactive members, those friends and fellow collectors who are delightful by Herpa but also disappointed, who still are surprised by each batch of news but also want some models, liveries, airplanes.
So this is a proactive thread not a thread where to be negative and to criticize not only each suggestion, each proposal, each model but also why, how and where a suggestion is posted.
Post your questions, suggestions, comments, proposals for Herpa, i am sure Mr. Kuelgen and Mr. Borgmann will be happy to know what we would like.
I continue to say that to obtain something we must be united: not Novair A321neo or neos ("awful"...) fleet, but to restart the production of the B737-300/400/500 for example, or more Fokker 100's, or more DC-3/4/6/8 and B707 models, ot starting to produce B-52 in 1:500 scale, or COPA Airlines, or more Central-South American and African airlines (especially narrowbodies) or whatever you want.
Of course we must be grateful to Herpa for producing all the models they produce, good or bad for us, if not because without Herpa we would not stay here writing about 1:500 sclale!
Thanks for participating and for being propositive.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-12-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby
Re: What would you ask to Herpa?

Just sort out some of the annoying issues with current moulds and tooling first.

Stupid A350-900 main gears
Fat A320 nose gear
Huge A320neo engines
"One size fits all" 777 engines

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
Just sort out some of the annoying issues with current moulds and tooling first.

Stupid A350-900 main gears
Fat A320 nose gear
Huge A320neo engines
Thanks Allan.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby

To bring out the AN12
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Huge A320neo engines
Unfortunately their answer is: "the size is correct, you probably need glasses"
Old 05-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
RJ Second Officer

The_K is flying under the radar

For me the biggest question: Is there really much more demand for short lived current special advertising liveries (like that Expo 2019) than for historic (aka 1970s and 80s) mainstream?
The_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I've been so frustrated about that, your comment absolutely made me chuckle.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
RJ Second Officer

The_K is flying under the radar

Candidates for a wishlist… Well:

* Douglas DC-7C (the first regular nonstop transatlantic)
* Tupolev Tu-104 (first Russian Jet)
* Hawker Trident (Netmodel/IF500 only made the versions 'obvious' and 'even more obvious')
The_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #9
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Interesting thread Ale, you're making a habit of such wonderful threads like this one...I'd ask Herpa to pay more attention to finer details such as liveries and aircraft registrations!!! We've seen lapses from them quite often lately, my friend!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:29 PM   #10
First Officer

shaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributorshaker is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K View Post
For me the biggest question: Is there really much more demand for short lived current special advertising liveries (like that Expo 2019) than for historic (aka 1970s and 80s) mainstream?

Agree with you 100%.
We see too many models of planes that wear a livery for 6 months.
I am wondering if there is more interest for classic models, such as the HS Trident , DC-7, and missing gaps for famous workhorses? Some that come to mind include:

Eastern, United, TWA twin stripe 727
American Airlines, BOAC, Qantas 707
Northwest Orient, Laker DC-10
CP Air, JAL DC-8
Air Canada, Air New York, Allegheny DC-9
Pan Am 747-100 in original livery
Aer Lingus, Nord Air 737-200
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #11
Puddle Jumper

MarcSant is flying under the radar

+1. Totally agree. I miss the AN12 in my showcase.
MarcSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #12
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor

I'd like to see more accessories. GSE goes for crazy prices now. Considering its just some molded plastic it can't cost much to manufacture the lorries and de-icing vehicles and cars. You can't make a realistic airport without vehicles and accessories.

I'd like to see a re-release of these:

Lorries
Buses and taxies
De-icing vehicles
Construction vehicles

plus some kind of release of these

Small airstairs
business jets - 3D printing makes this a lot easier.
Military vehicles - we have a lot of 1:500 military planes now. We should have tanks and military vehicles to make a proper military ramp.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #13
ATP Captain

mike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobbymike21 is a legend of the hobby
I agree with you as well Sean. Updated GSE would be great infact its a must. My thing with the AN12 there are so many flying for various cargo airlines. There regular in europe and herpa must have the tooling as they produce it in 1/200 scale.
Freight aircraft lover.
mike21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:27 AM   #14
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Fictive words [and in brackets thoughts] from Dietenhofen to Rome

Dear Alessandro [canít believe itís you again],

thank you for your questions [and your seemingly unshakeable faith in the information value and truth of my answers].

Model D of Airline C: We will release more models of Airline C [formerly Model A, B and C] in the future but at the moment a Model D is not scheduled.

Model E of Airline T: Prior to announce another Model of Airline T we will wait until the current Model (B) is sold out.

Models Q, U, X [and I am not going to tell you anything more about Model Y because I frankly canít understand why you keep asking]: In the past demand for these models was low, so at the moment there are no further release plans.

Model D of Airline B: We are in constant talks with Airline B [but could not achieve a crappy progress in the past 10 years].

New moulds: We are planning to introduce new moulds in the next years but wonít be anticipating anything yet [I have no intention to discuss with you (niche charter-Airlines attorney) plans about a Stratolaunch; why donít you simply wait until the Nuremberg toy fare 2020].

[Some of the] Mould issues:
A350-900 main gears [hell is this so important]: We are working on a revised mould [that anyway wonít be utilised until the current mould-tooling falls apart].

[B772 engines? Who cares? Can anybody out there at that phoney forum tell the difference? (of course except of self-proclaimed Boeing expert LeoMuse747 and Brexitier Anglojet) It took us years to convince our Chinese partners to correct the front gear length. And now some Wings900 whiners complain about the engines! Needless to say the Brexitier is dissatisfied not only with the B772- but with the NEO engines and the A320-family nose gear too. We have a new B777-9 but he is unhappy with the old B772-engines! Then there are the all of the sudden so important issues of Model Y and Airline Z of our Dear Alessandro from Rome. Sometimes I would rather negotiate with Ryanair than to have to keep my composure in the swamps of public relations.]

We hope, we could help andÖ.

With kind regards

Remarks:
Model A = most preferred or otherwise prioritized Model
Airline Z = Airline usually nobody has ever heard of
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #15
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

hahaha this is pure gold

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: