Herpa mysteries... - Page 14 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:48 PM   #196
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Herpa mysteries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Air Transport View Post
I'm sure herpa would have sold many more if they have just started with the workhorse, the 737!
Completely agree! Very often i don't understand Herpa marketing policy and i would work for them to share my suggestions.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2020, 06:32 AM   #197
RJ First Officer

HAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I was just about to buy a few!

As donors..
Everything helps...

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #198
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

A new mystery.
Herpa produces everything from Germany...ooops...almost everything.
Yes, we all know Herpa produces each airline and model about Germany. But, is it true? Unfortunately for me, a charter/leisure airlines lover, Herpa did not produce at least five German charter airlines. And this is a pity and a shame, because they were colorful and important for holiday market.
Let me start:

XL Airways Germany: German brand of UK XL Airways (previously Excel Airways), the same for XL Airways France. Then XL Airways Germany and France owned to a Icelandic Group. The fleet were formed by B737-800WL and some leasing A320.

Blue Wings: based at Dusseldorf Airport, charter airline flying A321, A320 and A330-200.
Started operations in 2002 and ceased them in 2012.

Small Planet Germany: beautiful German subsidiary of Small Planet Lithuania. It started operations in 2016 and ceased them in 2018. Fleet of A320 and A321.

OLT Express Germany: subsidiary of Polish charter airline OLT Express, ceased operations in 2013.
10 Fokker 100 in fleet.

Sundair: startedoperations in 2017 and yes, for me this airline is wonderful!

I don't remember how many times i asked Herpa to produce XL Airways Germany fleet, Blue Wings fleet, Small Planet fleets, just one time for OLT Express Fokker 100, many times for Sundair A320 (still in service).
The mystery is: for a manufacturer producing all the airlines of its country, Germany, why these five airlines have never been produced? I don't think there were license problems, because they were/are from Germany, so why i have to suffer so much for the missing of these WONDERFUL charter/leisure/holiday airlines???

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.

Old 07-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #199
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Ale, honestly....these airlines are or were peanuts in the German market. There are models which were far more common and which were from more important airlines from Germany and they were also not produced. Missing a bit common sense. I know you love each charter airline and would like every plane that ever flew.....

We havent seen for example Condor in the new livery, we havent seen Condor A310, A300 or any 737 or 727.

We havent seen Hapag A300 or A310 nor have ween seen 737 (apart from one) or 727.

We havent seen Eurowings A319, a real workhorse in German aviation.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #200
RJ First Officer

HAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributorHAJ-09L is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Ale, honestly....these airlines are or were peanuts in the German market. There are models which were far more common and which were from more important airlines from Germany and they were also not produced. Missing a bit common sense. I know you love each charter airline and would like every plane that ever flew.....

We havent seen for example Condor in the new livery, we havent seen Condor A310, A300 or any 737 or 727.

We havent seen Hapag A300 or A310 nor have ween seen 737 (apart from one) or 727.

I second that.

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:25 PM   #201
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

Talking abt NG only of course.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:38 AM   #202
The Dark Side

Quote:

Even Germanwings A320...
You're right my friend, even if i remember you Herpa produced Novair A321neo (and i am extremely happy, of course), an airline flying just two airplanes! But the mystery is: why almost everything from Germany and not everything? Is like Herpa is always missing something:
- a model of a fleet
- a detail on the fuselage
- an important airline
- a less important airline but useful to finish all the airlines of the manufacturer country
- less flaws
- a timetable on the production
- enough licenses
- etc. etc.

Charter airlines lover

Old 07-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #203
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Even Germanwings A320...
You're right my friend, even if i remember you Herpa produced Novair A321neo (and i am extremely happy, of course), an airline flying just two airplanes! But the mystery is: why almost everything from Germany and not everything? Is like Herpa is always missing something:
- a model of a fleet
- a detail on the fuselage
- an important airline
- a less important airline but useful to finish all the airlines of the manufacturer country
- less flaws
- a timetable on the production
- enough licenses
- etc. etc.
Free Market, supply, demand and economical sense.
Not much more to add I am afraid.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #204
The Dark Side

A dear friend wrote this beautiful phrase, regarding Herpa:
"the correct one looks wrong, and the wrong one seems somewhat accurate. Crazy..."
I think it is more than correct, it is Gospel!
In fact there is a real mystery regarding B787 landing gear: why the Herpa B787 with the RIGHT landing gear seems weird, seems sitting on the wheels, seems wrong while the Herpa B787 with the WRONG landing gear seems perfect, seems the same of the 1:1 airplane? WHY? A mystery!
I am talking of neos B787-9, in fact Herpa produced the model with a nose landing gear 5 mm long: this means 2,5 meters in the real scale, with the real airplane. But, in the real scale e with the real airplane, the nose landing gear is 2 meters long, there are 2 meters of space among the fuselage belly and the ground. 2 meters are 4 millimeters in 1:500 scale, and Herpa produced the B787 models with the RIGHT measure, 4 mm. But Herpa B787s with the 4 mm long nose landing gear are weird, strange, they look sitting on the wheels, they are ugly!
While with the nose landing gear 5 mm long (2,5 meters in the real scale, 50 cm longer than the right one) Herpa B787s seem more similar to the real ones. This is incredible, a real mystery, and i return to the great phrase of the start:
"the correct one looks wrong, and the wrong one seems somewhat accurate. Crazy..."

Here a comparison between Vietnam Airlines B787-10 and neos B787-9.
Vietnam Airlines B787-10 has the RIGHT size landing gear while the neos B787-9 has the WRONG size landing gear...Vietnam Airlines seems ugly while neos seems perfect.
Mah.

Charter airlines lover

Old 09-30-2020, 06:48 AM   #205
Earning My Wings

Berthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radarBerthus is flying under the radar

MLG is the problem!! Too short, I have the feeling.
And the way they glue the FLG is also important: there are differencies from model to model (same mould, same batch).
Unfortunately I think in this case I prefer the lower-but-levelled one, the NEOS is a bit too nose-up.
Berthus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: