Sir Freddie Laker "Laker Airways" DC-10-30. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want a Laker Airways "Skytrain" DC-10-30?
YES 11 50.00%
NO 11 50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-23-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Sir Freddie Laker "Laker Airways" DC-10-30.

Ciao to all.
Along with charter/leisure airlines, especially narrowbodies, i like some yesterday models.
I like the L-1011 and especially the DC-10, one of the most elegant airplanes ever, and i would like JMC, Airtours, Premiair, Philippine Airlines...
Aero500 and Inflight500 helped us to have some beautiful models, like Garuda Indonesia, for example, but a Philippine Airlines would be really beautiful, made by Herpa.
Said this, i hope Herpa will realize more DC-10-30 models!
This thread is about an iconic airline, the first charter airline offering low cost/no frills long haul routes, the first airline using the words "low cost/no frills", Laker Airways founded in 1966 by Sir Freddie Laker (even if Laker arrived 2nd after Icelandic low cost "Loftleioir").
The airline failed in 1982, especially because of the recession of the early 1980's.
This airline, even flying different airplanes, is well represented by a monster of beauty, the DC-10-30! The Laker Airways DC-10's (-10 and -30 version) especially with "Skytrain" written, have been common views in the most important airports of the world for many years.
My question is: would you like a Laker Airways "Skytrain" DC-10-30 produced by Herpa as yesterday model?
Vote, so we can have a strong platform to share with Herpa for the production of this iconic airplane!
Thanks for your participation and your vote.
Charter.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 03-23-2019 at 06:37 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2019, 06:33 AM   #2
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog
Re: Sir Freddie Laker "Laker Airways" DC-10-30.

A big yes!
Eurojet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #3
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Yes, but only Aero500.

Anglojet is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
Yes, but only Aero500.
I second that!
Old 03-23-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Earning My Wings

Kinsman Voyager is flying under the radarKinsman Voyager is flying under the radar

Aero500 is the first choice, but the IF500 mould would also be OK IMHO. Anyway, as long as it is a Laker!
Kinsman Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I think we must be realistic, the only regular manufacturer in 1:500 scale is herpa (without considering Sky500 "ghost", while i never considered the strange and never-communicative Aero500/Aeroclassics500), so if someone could release the Laker DC-10-30 this is Herpa.

Charter airlines lover
Old 03-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #7
RJ First Officer

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

IF it comes out, nobody of you would get one. I WOULD BUY THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:05 AM   #8
The Dark Side

I don't understand, i thought this model would have been one of the most wanted ever by the iper-majority of the collectors...

Charter airlines lover
Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

I voted NO but I actually meant "Yes, but only if Aero500 release it"
The IF500 mould used by Herpa is ugly...
Old 03-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
Captain

uncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top doguncle beat is a top dog

yes, Yes, YESSS.
I would buy a couple of these
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #11
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Interestingly I was contacted few days ago by a German collector to make a custom of this (a DC-10-10) for him. But no confirmation yet...

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #12
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Yeah I saw the decals were out for it!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #13
RJ First Officer

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Interestingly I was contacted few days ago by a German collector to make a custom of this (a DC-10-10) for him. But no confirmation yet...

...it was me...

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: