Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   1:500 Scale Discussion (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-scale-discussion/)
-   -   MMP-Ace Pix (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-scale-discussion/125098-mmp-ace-pix.html)

mmp-ace 04-10-2017 04:55 PM

MMP-Ace Pix
 
Hello @ all,

from time to time I want to share some pictures of my collection with you here.

First of all I need some tips. Do you think Photobucket is the best for uploading pictures here? And do I have to resize the Pics? Thank you!

DutchCollector 04-10-2017 05:45 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Look who finally decided to join the party.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmp-ace (Post 996674)
First of all I need some tips. Do you think Photobucket is the best for uploading pictures here? And do I have to resize the Pics? Thank you!

I use photobucket, I think most of the collectors do too. Mine resize automatically, but post some and we'll see if yours do too.

Charter 04-10-2017 06:48 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Ciao and welcome in the club, finally.
I use Photobucket and i am really satisfied; i resize the pics when i work them with photoshop and then i upload them on Photobucket.

LeoMuse747 04-10-2017 09:45 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Nice, can't wait to see your collection rock and rollin' all night and partying every day :lol:

I also use Photobucket but I always resize my pictures to 1024px or 800px before posting here.

mmp-ace 04-11-2017 02:55 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello (Post 996721)
... rock and rollin' all night and partying every day :lol:

That gives lots of cudos my friend!! :punk:

So here is the first pic and the first question: Which one is the LR? ;)

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...2019.49.33.jpg

DutchCollector 04-11-2017 03:43 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Easy, the left one. The right one looks like Delta cramped all 291 seats between doors 1 and 2.

LeoMuse747 04-11-2017 04:39 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchCollector (Post 996994)
Easy, the left one. The right one looks like Delta cramped all 291 seats between doors 1 and 2.

:lol: :tt2:
exactely!

Herpa NG1 777 is so much better than Herpa NG2 777!
The only good stuff about the NG2 are the better detailed GE90 and the laterally inserted wings.

DutchCollector 04-12-2017 12:32 PM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello (Post 997066)
better detailed GE90

I also love the increased detail of the PW4000 & Trent 800 engines! Oh wait...

getifero 04-13-2017 02:18 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmp-ace (Post 996970)
That gives lots of cudos my friend!! :punk:

So here is the first pic and the first question: Which one is the LR? ;)

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...2019.49.33.jpg

This is an excellent picture that makes very clear how important details are. The front gears of herpa or hogan labelled 1:500 scale B777 were always too slim. herpas latest B777-toolset (I donít want to speak about Ľnew generation 3ę because I see no mould evolution) has furthermore too tiny front gear wheels and a slightly too short front gear. IMHO the JC-Wings (Sky500) B777-toolset reproduces the heavy front gear of the real B777 much better. The Aero500 gears are pretty good too. They are slightly too short but all-metal and even rolling. I donít see why herpa canít pay more attention to right scaled and right positioned gears. These gears issues run through nearly all of herpas model lines (among others Airbus A320-family, Airbus A330/A340, Embraer-family). After all right scaled gears were originally the trademark of Ľnew generationę herpa wings.

Galmleader 04-13-2017 03:24 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by getifero (Post 997418)
This is an excellent picture that makes very clear how important details are. The front gears of herpa or hogan labelled 1:500 scale B777 were always too slim. herpas latest B777-toolset (I donít want to speak about Ľnew generation 3ę because I see no mould evolution) has furthermore too tiny front gear wheels and a slightly too short front gear. IMHO the JC-Wings (Sky500) B777-toolset reproduces the heavy front gear of the real B777 much better. The Aero500 gears are pretty good too. They are slightly too short but all-metal and even rolling. I donít see why herpa canít pay more attention to right scaled and right positioned gears. These gears issues run through nearly all of herpas model lines (among others Airbus A320-family, Airbus A330/A340, Embraer-family). After all right scaled gears were originally the trademark of Ľnew generationę herpa wings.

Stop being so picky over every little detail and be glad we are getting the models we are. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Some of the stuff I've seen complained about is so small it really shouldn't matter.

Oplarut 04-13-2017 04:41 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galmleader (Post 997434)
Stop being so picky over every little detail and be glad we are getting the models we are. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Some of the stuff I've seen complained about is so small it really shouldn't matter.

exactly, sometimes I dont even see the thing people are complaining about, when I put them in my diorama I dont even see such tiny tiny mistakes.....:rolleyes:

DutchCollector 04-13-2017 06:14 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galmleader (Post 997434)
Stop being so picky over every little detail and be glad we are getting the models we are. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Some of the stuff I've seen complained about is so small it really shouldn't matter.

But he does make a valid point. While the nose gear's width is not something of my concerns, I can certainly notice my recent B777-200ER purchases are angled downwards. With Herpa's ever-increasing prices, one has the right to complain about these issues. I am extremely bothered with the €32 pricetag on the Delta 777-200ER, which doesn't even feature the correct engines.

LeoMuse747 04-13-2017 08:26 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galmleader (Post 997434)
Stop being so picky over every little detail and be glad we are getting the models we are. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Some of the stuff I've seen complained about is so small it really shouldn't matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oplarut (Post 997466)
exactly, sometimes I dont even see the thing people are complaining about, when I put them in my diorama I dont even see such tiny tiny mistakes.....:rolleyes:

If we all weren't picky, Herpa would still be selling OG models today :rolleyes:

I agree with Getifero, but actually the NG1 777 gears (the 777-200LR) are simply fine in my opinion. I don't like metal gears at all (plastic is much easier to fix if broken and the always seem to be better shaped) and I find Sky500 777 gears to be the most poorly-done gears of all :lol:
I agree that the NG2 (there's no NG3 as far as I know) have several problems, and one of them is the landing gear set: front nose gear is indeed too short and slim, the wheel is too small, the main landing gears should be a little bit shorter too. All these gear problems make the 777 have an unlevel fuselage, with nose down and tail up, and this problem wasn't present on NG1 777.

getifero 04-13-2017 09:11 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Galmleader (Post 997434)
Stop being so picky over every little detail and be glad we are getting the models we are. Don't like them? Don't buy them. Some of the stuff I've seen complained about is so small it really shouldn't matter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oplarut (Post 997466)
exactly, sometimes I dont even see the thing people are complaining about, when I put them in my diorama I dont even see such tiny tiny mistakes.....:rolleyes:

Better is the enemy of good and herpas current B772 could easily be the least good 772 with Ľscaled gearsę in 1:500. If you canít tell the differences or simply idealize your beloved models that in your eyes look perfect on your little diorama its fine with me. Iím not criticizing you and your models and Iím not giving anybody any advises what models to buy or not to buy. I love my models too, but I am able to compare and look beyond the horizon of herpa wings and 1:500-scale. That herpa more than any other manufacturer in the past had been compelled to make mould and printing corrections shows clearly that cost and quality control had not always been coordinated carefully enough. And Iím firmly convinced that without critical customer-feedback some of those quality corrections would not happened at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello (Post 997602)
If we all weren't picky, Herpa would still be selling OG models today :rolleyes:

I agree with Getifero, but actually the NG1 777 gears (the 777-200LR) are simply fine in my opinion. I don't like metal gears at all (plastic is much easier to fix if broken and the always seem to be better shaped) and I find Sky500 777 gears to be the most poorly-done gears of all :lol:
I agree that the NG2 (there's no NG3 as far as I know) have several problems, and one of them is the landing gear set: front nose gear is indeed too short and slim, the wheel is too small, the main landing gears should be a little bit shorter too. All these gear problems make the 777 have an unlevel fuselage, with nose down and tail up, and this problem wasn't present on NG1 777.

You have to be pretty brutal to break metal gears. From time to time I buy 1:400 models. Gemini Jets have quite a poor quality in terms of assembly control. New out of factory models come with loose wings or wrongly pasted gears. But those gears are very easily to remove and replace correctly. And if an even in 1:400-scale still very tiny CRJ700 or E190 has much better detailed metal gears than a herpa made A330 or a B777 in 1:500-scale nobody can tell me that herpa is trying their hardest. The purpose of plastic gears is not to be easier repaired but to reduce production costs.

Oplarut 04-13-2017 09:38 AM

Re: MMP-Ace Pix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello (Post 997602)
If we all weren't picky, Herpa would still be selling OG models today :rolleyes:

I agree with Getifero, but actually the NG1 777 gears (the 777-200LR) are simply fine in my opinion. I don't like metal gears at all (plastic is much easier to fix if broken and the always seem to be better shaped) and I find Sky500 777 gears to be the most poorly-done gears of all :lol:
I agree that the NG2 (there's no NG3 as far as I know) have several problems, and one of them is the landing gear set: front nose gear is indeed too short and slim, the wheel is too small, the main landing gears should be a little bit shorter too. All these gear problems make the 777 have an unlevel fuselage, with nose down and tail up, and this problem wasn't present on NG1 777.

I totally agree with you on the 777 btw, it should be straight, not like a a330 :confused:.
But I was also refering to other posts in threads that were about the smallest mistakes (e.g. no doorhandles printed, a mistake in arabic text) that do not break the immersion of the model, but are just noticed by the veteran-collectors. And some put it like it was a major screw up by Herpa or that it is "the worst model ever", and that kinda bugs me sometimes... ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2