MMP-Ace Pix - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #46
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor
Re: MMP-Ace Pix

Definitely plastic... ;-)

You have never seen a rock show until you've seen KISS
mmp-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #47
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Thanks for sharing your news and fleet. The An-22 is really beautiful and well done and i agree with your about the Oman Air A330-300 (waiting for the B737-800WL).
Nice also the Air Seychelles A320, while i agree about the much better nose section of the A320 family new version.
Sadly Norwegian models have different shades of red: it is a red-red (to say that it has not shades, it is a normal red!) so i don't understand why Herpa is not able to reproduce a normal shade of red on the nose section of these models!
It seems that Herpa DC-10 and StarJets MD-11 have about the same nose section/cockpit windows, the MD-11 has a shorter nose landing gear.
Thanks again to find the time to share your fleet and you beautiful pics and comperisons, positive rep. added.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:36 PM   #48
RJ Captain

mmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributormmp-ace is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Thanks for sharing your news and fleet. The An-22 is really beautiful and well done and i agree with your about the Oman Air A330-300 (waiting for the B737-800WL).
Nice also the Air Seychelles A320, while i agree about the much better nose section of the A320 family new version.
Sadly Norwegian models have different shades of red: it is a red-red (to say that it has not shades, it is a normal red!) so i don't understand why Herpa is not able to reproduce a normal shade of red on the nose section of these models!
It seems that Herpa DC-10 and StarJets MD-11 have about the same nose section/cockpit windows, the MD-11 has a shorter nose landing gear.
Thanks again to find the time to share your fleet and you beautiful pics and comperisons, positive rep. added.
Thanx for your nice words!

Old 10-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #49
RJ Captain

I received some news today and there's rain and sunshine. I looooooove the new Air Canada, which is really perfect. And the Nepal Airlines is beautiful too. BUT: I was REALLY loking foward to the A332 Iran Air, because I like the design and I can see it at Hamburg Airport.

The nose is much too much too much pointy and the cockpit windows are much too high. We had this already with models which have a printing under them. A name or whatever. I have to admit I am really angry about that look. I will definatley send it back.

Take a look:

Okay it's not that sharp but it's about the ugly pointy nose.
Attached Thumbnails
MMP-Ace Pix-2017-10-06-22.38.11.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-10-06-22.25.08.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-10-06-22.25.44.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-10-06-22.26.07.jpg  

Old 10-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #50
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I agree. Will be interesting to compare the Iran A330 with the KLM A330.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #51
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I agree. Will be interesting to compare the Iran A330 with the KLM A330.
Yes that's true. But I didn't buy the KLM. What I can say is that the A333 are much much better at the moment. For ex the Oman A333 is a real beauty.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:24 PM   #52
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp-ace View Post
Yes that's true. But I didn't buy the KLM. What I can say is that the A333 are much much better at the moment. For ex the Oman A333 is a real beauty.
I hope mine drops by somewhere next week. While I don't think the nose will be different from the Iran Air, perhaps the window line is. At least the Iran A330's windows aren't placed as high as the Sky500 Air Transat A330-200.. That was horrible!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #53
RJ Captain

Another, better, Pic of my Pinocchio:

Attached Thumbnails
MMP-Ace Pix-2017-10-06-23.37.01.jpg  

Old 10-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #54
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

That A330 looks bad indeed. Nose too pointy and cockpit windows too high.
The one they got at ACB seems to have a correct cockpit window position... the nose is still pretty pointy though, but that's a mould related flaw.

https://www.aviation-center-berlin.de/p/530569
Old 10-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #55
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
That A330 looks bad indeed. Nose too pointy and cockpit windows too high.
The one they got at ACB seems to have a correct cockpit window position... the nose is still pretty pointy though, but that's a mould related flaw.

https://www.aviation-center-berlin.de/p/530569

Yes. So true. BUT: This one is from ACB too. I really believe Herpa is using at least two different moulds and it's luck or bad luck what you will get. Maybe one mould was broken and they fixed it bad. We had that problem with some 747-400 some years ago. I will check some of them in Hamburg next week. THIS ONE goes back to ACB.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #56
RJ Captain

NKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciated

Loving the Nepal A320! Can't wait to get one.
But yes, such a shame on that pointy nose!
Old 10-07-2017, 05:50 AM   #57
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmp-ace View Post
Yes. So true. BUT: This one is from ACB too. I really believe Herpa is using at least two different moulds and it's luck or bad luck what you will get. Maybe one mould was broken and they fixed it bad. We had that problem with some 747-400 some years ago. I will check some of them in Hamburg next week. THIS ONE goes back to ACB.
I'll try to scout the differences next time I'm at the Megastore.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:10 PM   #58
RJ Captain

Here are 2 new widebodies which arrived at my collection. I really love the Kuwait. And you can see the different grey with the 2 Qatar A350 and B787

Attached Thumbnails
MMP-Ace Pix-2017-12-04-23.58.14.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-12-04-23.58.45.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-12-04-23.59.06.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-12-04-23.59.21.jpg   MMP-Ace Pix-2017-12-05-00.00.56.jpg  

Old 12-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #59
RJ First Officer

elite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributorelite_lima is an excellent contributor

Both models look great! Thanks for sharing!
elite_lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #60
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Nice looking models! The Kuwait Airways 777 is great. I don't like very much this new huge cockpit window Herpa is using for the 777, but it doesn't ruin the model

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: