GJ Delta versus GJ Delta - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
JeffinM***

cameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributorcameraman1031 is an excellent contributor
Arrow GJ Delta versus GJ Delta

Hello....Delta has accepted delivery of the 1:1 242 ton A333. Gemini Jets has released one as GJDAL1518. GJDAL1117 is also a DL 1/400 A333.
Can anyone spot the differences?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby
Re: GJ Delta versus GJ Delta

I can spot many differences, what's the price for the winner

Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
High in the Sky

American787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributorAmerican787 is a good contributor

Yes, I too spot many, particularly in the mold, but are there that many differences in real life?

ClAAsic
American787 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Nobody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American787 View Post
Yes, I too spot many, particularly in the mold, but are there that many differences in real life?
The main difference of the real thing are the engines.
Here's the solution: (click on the pic and read the remarks)

And the mold has also some differences beside the engines, esp. the way the wings are mounted, cradle system on the older version, inserted wings on the new one. But also the nose gear (not really visible on the pics above) and the tail fin are different.
I didn't even know about these changes before.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #5
RJ Captain

RStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast icon

What has happened is that Gemini have switched belatedly to the new and superior JC Wings mould (they already use JC Wings moulds for most of their releases). Here's a full mould review of the A330 so you can see the differences:

Airbus A330 1:400 Scale Mould Review - Yesterday's Airlines

Here are the 4 leading A330 moulds side by side:

Airbus A330s in 1:400 Scale by rstretton, on Flickr

http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
Wings900 Team Member

I just found the time to read your interesting A330 mould review. I also just read jetboy2012s review of the new GJ Delta A330 on the JC Wings mould and one big issue he found are the wings that are too high or better said too much angled upwards. On your mould review you didn't mention this at all. Therefore I wonder if the problem is specific to the GJ Delta A330 or a general problem of the JC Wings A330?
Old 12-26-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
RJ Captain

RStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast iconRStretton is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
I just found the time to read your interesting A330 mould review. I also just read jetboy2012s review of the new GJ Delta A330 on the JC Wings mould and one big issue he found are the wings that are too high or better said too much angled upwards. On your mould review you didn't mention this at all. Therefore I wonder if the problem is specific to the GJ Delta A330 or a general problem of the JC Wings A330?
Yeah I saw that and checked out my two China Easterns and they are no worse than the Phoenix or Aeroclassics so I'd say it was an issue with the Delta or just the copy he received. I recall he also had an issue with the Phoenix A330 wing seam and I checked all mine out and they were fine also.

http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com
RStretton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:03 AM   #8
Wings900 Team Member

thanks Richard, glad to know it's not a general problem. But it also shows that there's no consistent quality anymore. Nowadays you can hardly preorder anything anymore, you always have to check if the model you want still has the quality you expect.

Tags
delta, gemini jets

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: