"Homzie's 1:400 and Beyond Speedbird Fleet and More..." - Page 44 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-28-2018, 01:29 AM   #646
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby
Re: "Homzie's 1:400 and Beyond Speedbird Fleet and More..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut_zero View Post
Wow! It's a phoenix I presume.

That is one of my regrets. I was passing it off for the longest time in buying it from our hobbyshop. I was thinking that it should be there since nobody is buying it but when I finally decided, the model is not there anymore last December.

I also passed it off when I was in HK. I was supposed to buy it when I was there but suddenly I saw the EgyptAir 743 and I know I couldn't pass off the chance for an EgyptAir.

BTW, I want to break the news that I bought a 200 scale. My first and probably last (very expensive for my part lols). A Queen nonetheless.

Do you mean the Thai Airways B744? If yes, then it is not Phoenix but made by Apollo 1:400 my friend, the Thai B744 is HS-TGZ. The Phoenix ones (HS-TGX and HS-TGY) are very rare and are hard to find...

Thai B77Ws too are very hard to find too as few have been made, I think! I wouldn't mind one in 1:400 scale since Thai have started to send their B77Ws to Mumbai as TG 317 / TG 318...

Regarding the Qatar Airways B777, it is made by Phoenix and would like a few more to be made (considering Qatar sends their B77W to Mumbai as QR 556 / QR 557), maybe with a new registration, perhaps. A7-BEA is my 3rd (and hopefully not the last) Qatar B777 in my fleet alongwith Phoenix "oneworld" A7-BAA and Herpa500 A7-BAB...

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your 1:200 scale Queen on your thread...
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2018, 11:55 AM   #647
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Do you mean the Thai Airways B744? If yes, then it is not Phoenix but made by Apollo 1:400 my friend, the Thai B744 is HS-TGZ. The Phoenix ones (HS-TGX and HS-TGY) are very rare and are hard to find...

Thai B77Ws too are very hard to find too as few have been made, I think! I wouldn't mind one in 1:400 scale since Thai have started to send their B77Ws to Mumbai as TG 317 / TG 318...

Regarding the Qatar Airways B777, it is made by Phoenix and would like a few more to be made (considering Qatar sends their B77W to Mumbai as QR 556 / QR 557), maybe with a new registration, perhaps. A7-BEA is my 3rd (and hopefully not the last) Qatar B777 in my fleet alongwith Phoenix "oneworld" A7-BAA and Herpa500 A7-BAB...

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your 1:200 scale Queen on your thread...
I'm still thinking about where to post it. I was thinking of just posting it here in the 1/400 forums.
bahamut_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #648
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

My friends, the recent Phoenix releases saw me buy 2 models, one arrived this afternoon the other is yet to be shipped...this model is a re-release from the earlier release but, since it was a certain Heathrow based airline, I couldn't resist, couldn't I? The aircraft is British Airways A380 G-XLEK (the 11th and the second last A380 in the BA fleet). She posed for a few photographs prior to her departure to San Francisco as BA 287 (BA 285 is being operated by B744 G-CIVR).

The photos will be shared in about 10 minutes from now...I'm still awaiting the Etihad A380 "Lovre Abu Dhabi" A6-API. Well, I twisted my foot about 10 days ago, the XRAY was clear but the MRI showed fracture which will heal by itself in 12 days or so...

The pics to follow soon...

Old 04-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #649
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

https://ibb.co/fZQeBx
https://ibb.co/etLqJc
https://ibb.co/fU1ajH

My next update will be once the EY A380 arrives...

By the way, my BA B744 fleet is almost complete with 7 landing soon and my Emirates A380 fleet of 32 will finally be complete once EOJ and EOK arrive!!!
Old 04-26-2018, 03:47 PM   #650
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Great arrival my friend, the Phoenix A380's are always very nice models!

Looking forward to your next arrivals as always and good luck with the healing of your fracture.

- Cal.
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:04 AM   #651
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
Great arrival my friend, the Phoenix A380's are always very nice models!

Looking forward to your next arrivals as always and good luck with the healing of your fracture.

- Cal.
Thanks my friend...I know it is only my second day but I'm feeling a bit better, so, I'll probably be walking in a couple of weeks (hopefully!)...Looking forward to your new arrivals, Cal.

Ale, I have a small question for you. I read somewhere that Air Italy is starting flights to Mumbai from Milan, (beginning October 30, 2018) using A330 aircraft. Could you please shed some more light on the airline and also, my friend, has there been an Air Italy A330 model made in 1:400 or 1:500 scale? What are the chances of Herpa making it in the near future as I'd consider it for my fleet, my friend!!!

Old 04-30-2018, 03:25 AM   #652
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

My friends, I had updated this thread a few days ago (with my new arrival - British Airways A380 G-XLEK by Phoenix Models). Our good friend Cal replied to it and within a few hours, the update strangely disappeared...I replied to a few subscribed threads (like the one on Leo's forum) which have also disappeared. Has this happened to you recently?

I'll update it again once my Etihad A380 A6-API "Lovre Abu Dhabi" arrives. I am expecting Emirates A380s (A6-EOJ and A6-EOK) and British Airways B747s (G-BNLB, G-BNLF, G-BNLP) within the next 15 days (all in 1:500 scale). That thread will be updated once they land safely...

Ale, I have a question for you...I recently saw that Air Italy will start flights to Mumbai (from Milan) from Winter 2018, using A330 aircraft. Could you shed more light on the airline and how the airline is fairing in Europe? Is there an Air Italy scale model made in 1:500 or 1:400 scale, my friend?

Old 04-30-2018, 04:17 PM   #653
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
My friends, I had updated this thread a few days ago (with my new arrival - British Airways A380 G-XLEK by Phoenix Models). Our good friend Cal replied to it and within a few hours, the update strangely disappeared...I replied to a few subscribed threads (like the one on Leo's forum) which have also disappeared. Has this happened to you recently?

I'll update it again once my Etihad A380 A6-API "Lovre Abu Dhabi" arrives. I am expecting Emirates A380s (A6-EOJ and A6-EOK) and British Airways B747s (G-BNLB, G-BNLF, G-BNLP) within the next 15 days (all in 1:500 scale). That thread will be updated once they land safely...

Ale, I have a question for you...I recently saw that Air Italy will start flights to Mumbai (from Milan) from Winter 2018, using A330 aircraft. Could you shed more light on the airline and how the airline is fairing in Europe? Is there an Air Italy scale model made in 1:500 or 1:400 scale, my friend?

Don't worry for the disappeared posts my friend, they will appear again in 24-48 hours (source: Admin Jeff).
About Air Italy and glight to Mumbai this is the news:

"Just yesterday, Air Italy made their new route announcements. They plan to introduce Milan Malpensa – Mumbai service from October 30, 2018, with 5 weekly A330-200 flights. The flight will be operated as per the following schedule:
IG928 BOM0450 – 0920MXP 332 34567
IG927 MXP1420 – 0250(+1)BOM 332 23456
The new flight will operate from Milan to Mumbai every week Tuesday to Saturday, and on the return from Mumbai, every Wednesday to Sunday. I’d say that is a great amount of connectivity between the two routes."

Still don't know the prices.
Air Italy is the new name of Meridiana. Meridiana was a regional then national then international airline, with some leisure flights to the Caribbeans.
It started operations as Alisarda from Sardinia island 50 years ago; then, few years ago, Meridiana bought/merged with Eurofly and Air Italy but everything went wrong. Instead of being a single, merged airline, the new Meridiana were three airlines with three administrations, three different employees unions, many different job conditions for crews, pilots, ground employees, etc. Instead of flying the new ex Eurofly A320's and A330-200's, Meridiana decided to continue to fly with the very old MD-80's and the B767-300! A real disaster, the airline was close to fail but few months ago Qatar Airways bought the 49% of Meridiana (ownership: Aga Khan) and completely changed its strategy: new airplanes (B737 MAX8 and A330-200), new routes (especially international), new livery, new CEO, a single administration and so on. New name the old name...Air Italy.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 04-30-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:09 AM   #654
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Don't worry for the disappeared posts my friend, they will appear again in 24-48 hours (source: Admin Jeff).
About Air Italy and glight to Mumbai this is the news:

"Just yesterday, Air Italy made their new route announcements. They plan to introduce Milan Malpensa – Mumbai service from October 30, 2018, with 5 weekly A330-200 flights. The flight will be operated as per the following schedule:
IG928 BOM0450 – 0920MXP 332 34567
IG927 MXP1420 – 0250(+1)BOM 332 23456
The new flight will operate from Milan to Mumbai every week Tuesday to Saturday, and on the return from Mumbai, every Wednesday to Sunday. I’d say that is a great amount of connectivity between the two routes."

Still don't know the prices.
Air Italy is the new name of Meridiana. Meridiana was a regional then national then international airline, with some leisure flights to the Caribbeans.
It started operations as Alisarda from Sardinia island 50 years ago; then, few years ago, Meridiana bought/merged with Eurofly and Air Italy but everything went wrong. Instead of being a single, merged airline, the new Meridiana were three airlines with three administrations, three different employees unions, many different job conditions for crews, pilots, ground employees, etc. Instead of flying the new ex Eurofly A320's and A330-200's, Meridiana decided to continue to fly with the very old MD-80's and the B767-300! A real disaster, the airline was close to fail but few months ago Qatar Airways bought the 49% of Meridiana (ownership: Aga Khan) and completely changed its strategy: new airplanes (B737 MAX8 and A330-200), new routes (especially international), new livery, new CEO, a single administration and so on. New name the old name...Air Italy.
Thanks for the detailed information, my friend...I wonder if there's a direct connection between Mumbai and Rome (I don't think there is one)...

I was just browsing the internet (yeah I'm at home resting my fractured foot) and saw pictures of the Qantas A380 in new livery (VH-OQF). Do you prefer the new one or the one on the other A380s? I'm sure Phoenix would announce VH-OQF (in new revised livery) very soon
Old 05-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #655
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I prefer the Qantas A380 new livery, it is really nice.
About Air Italy Milan MXP-Mumbai route, i don't thinl Rome will be added, at least in the first months.
Ex Meridiana, Air Italy, decided to leave Sardinia and make Milan Malpensa as main base.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:18 AM   #656
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I prefer the Qantas A380 new livery, it is really nice.
About Air Italy Milan MXP-Mumbai route, i don't thinl Rome will be added, at least in the first months.
Ex Meridiana, Air Italy, decided to leave Sardinia and make Milan Malpensa as main base.
I prefer the new Qantas livery too my friend, unfortunately no manufacturer has made VH-OQF in new livery...yet! Phoenix could make one soon, though, Ale!

The GeminiJets May 2018 releases are out and Emirates A380 A6-EUG (Real Madrid colours) is one of them (other than Lufthansa B748 D-ABYM ***** 5 Starhansa, Air Canada B737-8 MAX, Air China 350 and A320N, American Airlines A321, flydubai B737 B737-8 MAX (seems to be a fantasy registration), Philippines A350 and Virgin A330-200, among others...

Another Emirates A380 football promotion (haven't we had enough of them already with the earlier Real Madrid A380 A6-EOA and PSG A380 A6-EOT)!!! I certainly would've preferred one with the new updated "Expo2020 Dubai" decals...(maybe in June or July)...

I feel that it is GJ has announced the Real Madrid one on purpose, considering that they're in the UEFA Champions League Final (which takes place later this month)....the other finalist (Liverpool) is also represented with Garuda Indonesia ATR

As for which of the releases would land in my fleet, the EK A380 (nope - only because it is another football promotion), Lufthansa B478 (maybe - debating on the GJ version or the Herpa later release) and Virgin A330 (nope)...I could buy the Philippines A350 though, if she's spotted at LHR!
Old 05-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #657
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

https://ibb.co/bMOCUS
https://ibb.co/dtCT3n
https://ibb.co/j20Fin
https://ibb.co/mZ1cw7
https://ibb.co/fgHjb7
https://ibb.co/hqDqG7
https://ibb.co/is1AG7
https://ibb.co/jUK83n
Old 05-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #658
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

An unexpected packet arrived this afternoon which contained 3 Queens. You know how much I really love this airline, specially this aircraft type. You also know that I'm close to completing the fleet of 57 B747s, right? How close, well, 3 models closer...G-BNLF, G-BNLP and G-BYGE landed in my modest BA B744 fleet...

G-BNLF is on her way to Cardiff (for refurbishment of her FIRST Class Cabin and new Club World seats - which should take 6 weeks to complete, after which, she will be making her return into the skies), G-BNLP (BA 291 to Phoenix at 12:25, after BA 173 to New York JFK, being operated by G-BYGE at 11:20.

I have G-BNLB (also no longer flying, scrapped, I believe), G-BYGA, G-BYGB and G-BYGG in this scale and G-BNLJ, G-BNLK and G-BNLO in 1:400 scale to look forward to.

This is all for this update, hope you liked this mini update, comments and suggestions are welcome, as always! I've already attached the pictures in my earlier reply...
Old 05-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #659
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Its always nice to see some more SpeedBird Queen's landing in your fleet my friend - let's hope the remaining models arrive soon so that you can complete the fleet!

I posted a reply in your 1:500 Scale thread about this months Gemini releases...

- Cal.
Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #660
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
Its always nice to see some more SpeedBird Queen's landing in your fleet my friend - let's hope the remaining models arrive soon so that you can complete the fleet!

I posted a reply in your 1:500 Scale thread about this months Gemini releases...

- Cal.
Indeed my friend...2 out of them are likely to arrive before my Toronto and Calgary trip beginning May 28...

Regarding the latest GJ releases, I was in 2 minds about the Lufthansa B748 D-ABYM, but since Herpa also announced that, I'll buy the Herpa one, as the GJ one is a bit expensive!

Cal, the Phoenix releases have been announced and 2 have really caught my eye...Air Canada B787-9 (in new colours - C-FVLQ) and Jet Airways B77W (VT-JET), one of them is surely arriving in my fleet while the other...not sure!!! I'm considering the Qatar A350-900 oneworld A7-ALZ as well as the regular one, A7-ALD...Whoa! this may be a very expensive month for me!!!

Some news:
Regarding the Etihad A380 (A6-API, Lovre Abu Dhabi), the model would be in stock but due to Indian customs (yeah, sometimes, they keep the packet for weeks before clearance), the plane may not reach me before I leave, so, I've requested the retailer (and they've agreed) to hold it till I return in July and the same will arrive a few days after I return...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: