The elusive pearl from Hong Kong - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Fragrant harbour wannabe

CX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciated
Thumbs up The elusive pearl from Hong Kong

For starters let's get this post up and running with a classic CX tail shot

I have finally obtained a model that has been on my want list for as long as I've been collecting. The model I am referring to is Phoenix Models Cathay Pacific 777-300ER reg. B-KPA. After over a year of searching the internet thoroughly, including ebay listings and every possible model shop, I was unable to find this particular model. About six months ago I started ordering the vast majority of my models from a Hong Kong based seller. Many of the members here on wings900 probably know him, he goes by the username crairways.

A few weeks ago crairways contacted me and told me that he had found this particular model for me. It would complete my Phoenix models Cathay Pacific collection with the only missing models being the A340-200's which I have no intention of buying.

I recently received the model and finally my hunt for the very elusive B-KPA was over.

Here are a few pics of the model and my Cathay collection:

I would like to commend crairways for finding me this model along with many other rare models. He is truly a professional seller and I can honestly say that his service is better than that of any model shop I have done business with. That being said, I can warmly recommend anyone to contact him and ask for some rarities that are not easily found otherwise.
Thanks for reading.
CX77W is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
RJ Second Officer

Berlin is flying under the radarBerlin is flying under the radar
Re: The elusive pearl from Hong Kong

Beautiful Collection !
Cathay is a great airline to collect.
Alvin is absolutely AWESOME to deal with - a nicer guy you will not find !

B-KPA has one criticism along collector chanels though. The strip along the fuselage is not of accurate colour , it's kind of more yellowish than it should be and collectors are off loading it because Phoenix is rumoured to be rereleasing CX B777-300ER this year in the new mould with antennae etc.
It certainly does not detract from your collection though... great arrangement for your photo

I am definitely a Cathay fan !

Berlin
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Fragrant harbour wannabe

CX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciatedCX77W is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Beautiful Collection !
Cathay is a great airline to collect.
Alvin is absolutely AWESOME to deal with - a nicer guy you will not find !

B-KPA has one criticism along collector chanels though. The strip along the fuselage is not of accurate colour , it's kind of more yellowish than it should be and collectors are off loading it because Phoenix is rumoured to be rereleasing CX B777-300ER this year in the new mould with antennae etc.
It certainly does not detract from your collection though... great arrangement for your photo

I am definitely a Cathay fan !

Berlin
Thanks for the compliments!

I'm aware of the color issue with the model, it can actually be seen very clearly in the last pic with the rest of my cathay fleet next to it (the model is the first one on the right side). It's not really an issue for me since phoenix's B-LAD has the same problem. After all I really just wanted to complete my phoenix CX collection. I've heard the contradictory to what you just said, phoenix seems to be too bottled up with their fear of sanctions for doing unlicensed models like CX or KA. Loads of people begging for them to release CX A333/A343/744/77W, but all the requests seem to be falling to deaf ears. Nothing more than a pleasant surprise if it turns out I'm wrong

Old 03-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
RJ First Officer

SgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting startedSgtMoody is getting started

Congratulations!! The awesome feeling of getting along awaited model cannot simply be described with words.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Fragrant harbour wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMoody View Post
Congratulations!! The awesome feeling of getting along awaited model cannot simply be described with words.
Thank you very much, I could not agree more with your statement! Very nice collection of SQ 747's you got there by the way. I myself have most of phoenix's SQ models with the exception of the start alliance models and some re-releases with different regs.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Captain

crairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributorcrairways is a good contributor

Dear Berlin and CX77W, thanks for all your compliments. I wish to supply RARE Models to all of us!
crairways is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
777-300er, b-kpa, boeing, cathay pacific, phoenix models

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: