What Should I Do? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobby
Question What Should I Do?

Hey guys, I have a question...yesterday I received a Gemini UPS B767-300F w/ rolling wheels from Amazon.com and some of the main wheels (the tires) were missing, as you can see in this pic I took:

Gemini states on their website that you can pay $10 for replacement parts such as wheels, but I don't think it's fair that the model arrived like this and I have to pay for the missing parts. It also states that you need a proof of purchase from an authorized GJ retailer, but Amazon isn't on their list that's on the Gemini site. I already emailed GJ, and they haven't responded. Do you think Amazon could somehow help me fix this issue? This doesn't seem like an problem that I should email Amazon about. The model arrived in fine condition and the only problem is the missing wheels, which I don't see how they could obtain. I don't need a whole new model just because of the missing tires and I doubt they would send me one.

But the missing tires do cause the model to be unbalanced, so it tilts backwards. So to me this is a big issue and I don't think you should pay over 25 dollars for a model and have any parts missing.

So what do you guys think I should do?

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport

Last edited by DeltaDude; 08-21-2012 at 10:19 PM.
DeltaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
RJ Second Officer

md11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting startedmd11crj700 is getting started
Re: What Should I Do?

Was it an individual seller on Amazon, like ebay? if so you could dispute the purchase, or report a problem or contact the seller. I know that would work if it was similar to ebay. If it is a big store, i'm not sure if you can do those things, but I might try to at least contact whoever you bought it from and mention the problem.
md11crj700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
RJ Captain

clydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobby

If it really did arrive like that, and the gears didnt come looose in the box or nothing, then I think you should say something about the seller not inspecting product before shipping. No way should you have to pay $10 for spare gears if it had nothing to do with you. I'm sure the seller would replace or refund your payment.
clydefrogjones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Operations Director

waffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobbywaffle is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydefrogjones View Post
If it really did arrive like that, and the gears didnt come looose in the box or nothing, then I think you should say something about the seller not inspecting product before shipping. No way should you have to pay $10 for spare gears if it had nothing to do with you. I'm sure the seller would replace or refund your payment.
Because a company such as Amazon is going to inspect models? Get real.

waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobbyDeltaDude is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by md11crj700 View Post
Was it an individual seller on Amazon, like ebay? if so you could dispute the purchase, or report a problem or contact the seller. I know that would work if it was similar to ebay. If it is a big store, i'm not sure if you can do those things, but I might try to at least contact whoever you bought it from and mention the problem.
Nope, it just says "ships from and sold by Amazon.com"...here is the link to the model: Amazon.com: Gemini Jets UPS B767-300F 1:400 Scale: Toys & Games

Quote:
I agree, but how do I get Amazon to refund me? It wasn't an individual seller, it was from Amazon itself, so I guess from their big warehouse??

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
Because a company such as Amazon is going to inspect models? Get real.
That's what I was thinking. They have the variety to sell models but probably care more about other items such as electronics and other popular items. They might have even seen some wheels on the model and not have even realized it was supposed to have more.

Well, I looked in the box and there are no tires - and these are the nice rolling gears . It doesn't seem like Gemini is going to respond to my email, and they would probably make me pay anyway for wheels. I also don't see how I could get Amazon to refund/replace my order....

Old 08-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
RJ Captain

clydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobbyclydefrogjones is a legend of the hobby

If Amazon sold it then I'm guessing you can return it within 30 days. You have to read the return policy on collectibles and go to their return center, might have to pay the return shipping though.

Last edited by clydefrogjones; 08-22-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #7
Delta Lover

Quote:
If Amazon sold it then I'm guessing you can return it within 30 days. You have to read the return policy on collectibles and go to their return center, might have to pay the return shipping though.
Okay, thanks. I didn't really want to have to return it since the model itself was in fine condition, it was just missing a few tires which could be easily attached. But if that's the only option, then I guess I will do it .

Edit: just read the replacement policy on Amazon and it seems like that might work, so thanks for your help

Last edited by DeltaDude; 08-22-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #8
RJ Captain

It's sad I know. I've never had any models come with anything missing, my luck but there's other shops selling it for less, as it seems. It just sucks you either choose returning it or pay the $10 for gears though. Goodluck with everything though buddy!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
Master ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

You could always ask GJ politely and get free gear like I did.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #10
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Send it back! Get a replacement! Amazon is good for it
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Delta Lover

Cool Re: What Should I Do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Send it back! Get a replacement! Amazon is good for it
That's what I was thinking...I don't want to pay $10 for wheels when I didn't lose them .

Thanks everyone for all your help, and I will try to get it replaced hopefully within the next few days!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
That's what I was thinking...I don't want to pay $10 for wheels when I didn't lose them .

Thanks everyone for all your help, and I will try to get it replaced hopefully within the next few days!

Amazon is so cool might even tell you to keep it
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
Delta Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
Amazon is so cool might even tell you to keep it
Really? I kind of doubt it, but you never know .

Old 08-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
Delta Lover

Good news!

It appears that Gemini will send me wheels for free, so I don't think I need to replace the model through Amazon! Gemini took a few days to respond, I'm guessing they're backlogged with emails from five year olds asking dumb questions .

Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
RJ Second Officer

N643UA is getting startedN643UA is getting startedN643UA is getting startedN643UA is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaDude View Post
Good news!

It appears that Gemini will send me wheels for free, so I don't think I need to replace the model through Amazon! Gemini took a few days to respond, I'm guessing they're backlogged with emails from five year olds asking dumb questions .
Yeah, I wonder how many emails a day the get that say "Ken I haz rollin gearz on da 777 plz". But ALWAYS make sure the dealer is a Gemini Jets Authorized dealer before you order from them!

Tags
767, amazon, missing tires, missing wheels, ups

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: