Daniel's collection and new arrivals - Page 16 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2018, 01:42 AM   #226
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Daniel's collection and new arrivals

Great new expected new arrivals, Daniel. I agree, GJ releases have been a bit boring lately by their standards...Phoenix is a savior of some sorts as they have released a few interesting models in recent months!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2018, 01:32 AM   #227
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dog

New models time, had to make an emergency trip back to the UK for a week or so, so i picked up some new models along the way! One from DXB and two ordered online once i got back, though purely to be used as donors! I'll start with the donors and then move onto the DXB purchase, since i have a lot to say about it.
20181101_170948
First is the Virgin Sun A320, a 2009 release by Phoenix, unfortunately it doesn't really have a place in my collection, however it will go on to live a better life, as the first properly liveried aircraft for my fantasy airline at the new airport i'm building, so stay tuned for that!
20181101_171018
Next up is the Airfast Indonesia MD80 by Phoenix, again, no real place in my collection, but a very convenient livery for titles removal! Here's how it looks now
20181105_083014
20181031_145219
And here's the model from DXB, surprise surprise it's an Emirates 777! I needed the expo 2020 stickered 77W and seeing it on the shelf in the Emirates store for much less than the normal retail price, i had to snap it up! You're probably wondering why i boldened that last bit, well let me tell you.
Almost every single model i've bought from the EK official shop, whilst maintaining the same part numbers as the general retail models, they are all VERY different. you see, the models in the official store do not come with any of the "modern features" such as antenna, and when they do, they are often missing some of the antenna that the normal ones have, for instance, i have an A380 with just 2 antenna whereas the general models come with 3, but maybe i'm just nitpicking. I have reached out to Gemini to see why this is, however they've seen my question and chosen to ignore it. 3 times. Though that now seems like the usual GJ customer service, good going Gemini Jets!
Now here's the kicker, since i was in a rush to get to my gate, i didn't take the model out of its box to properly inspect it as i normally would, it was only once i reached my parents place that i noticed how poor the model actually is. Here's some pictures and you can decide for yourselves if it's acceptable or not...
20181031_145510
The box art has this listed as A6-ENW, whereas the reg on the aircraft is 'NV, though that's a small detail, what i wish to highlight here is the black spots in the paintwork on the red part of the UAE flag on the tail and the green bleed at the tip of the fin.
20181031_145534
Next are the chips in the paint and scuff marks on the fuselage, i have made this photo slightly darker to highlight the problem areas since they don't pick up too well on the camera, but in real life it's quite noticeable.
20181031_145559
Yet another example of the chipping and scratching of the paintwork.
20181107_131912
Yet another scuff mark, this time on the top of the fuselage, again, i have darkened this photo somewhat to highlight the areas of note.
20181107_131936
And another scuff mark, also you can see better the poor edges of the red part of the flag going down onto the fuselage. Again, edited to highlight damage.
This is entirely UNACCEPTABLE on GJ's part, not only are they representing the brand of Emirates with this crap, but also dragging their own brand through the mud, it really is time for them to buck their ideas up and get some quality control going, otherwise these now very expensive models are little more than toys! It was too late for me to return this model for a refund and i will more than likely buy the Expo A380 (sticker and the one that just got announced) however they will not get a free ride, and if they are not up to par, i will be returning them and sod the "fleet currency" aspect of my collection. I will also be speaking to a contact in Emirates' marketing division and show them just what kind of crap GJ are pumping out in EK's name.

Last edited by daniel richardson; 11-14-2018 at 01:34 AM.
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:27 AM   #228
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Nice arrivals Daniel...sorry to read about the Emirates B77W flaws my friend...it is true that the "Aircraft ID" (as Emirates likes to term 'registration' on the cabin TV screen) on the box is A6-ENW but on the aircraft is A6-ENV. GJ has really deteriorated in its quality. Gone are the days when GJ were reliable.

Why don't you write to GeminiJets and tell them abut the problems...and also your retailer and ask them for a replacement? The quality is SHOCKING!!! The model is unacceptable, IMHO! You SHOULD buy the A380 (A6-EUC) as it is such a wonderful model and you'll absolutely love it!!!

Old 11-14-2018, 03:51 AM   #229
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dogdaniel richardson is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Nice arrivals Daniel...sorry to read about the Emirates B77W flaws my friend...it is true that the "Aircraft ID" (as Emirates likes to term 'registration' on the cabin TV screen) on the box is A6-ENW but on the aircraft is A6-ENV. GJ has really deteriorated in its quality. Gone are the days when GJ were reliable.

Why don't you write to GeminiJets and tell them abut the problems...and also your retailer and ask them for a replacement? The quality is SHOCKING!!! The model is unacceptable, IMHO! You SHOULD buy the A380 (A6-EUC) as it is such a wonderful model and you'll absolutely love it!!!
I've contacted GJ and they haven't bothered replying back to me! I'd return it to the EK store but i can't find the receipt right now so i'm stuck with it!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:57 AM   #230
A320 F/O

I forgot to add one last part about models on approach. The Icelandair 737 MAX's and 757's, LOT 737MAX and the HiFly A380 are all still awaiting shipment, the LOT did mention it could take up to 4 weeks to come so let's see! Adding to those, i have also placed an order for:

- Phoenix HiFly A330-200 "clean seas"
- JC Wings Norwegian 787-9 G-CKLZ "UNICEF" livery
- Herpa Swiss CS100/A220-100 (still weird) (should be with Swiss registration going by part number)
- Herpa Swiss CS300/A220-300
- NG Models Qantas 787-9 VH-ZND "Yam Dreaming" (to replace the incorrect colour Phoenix one)

Also free with that order is:

- Phoenix UTAir TU154 in 1:200 scale... That'll be an interesting one for sure!

Updates for all to come!
Old 11-19-2018, 01:35 AM   #231
A320 F/O

Another new, (un)expected update, went to Dubai mall to buy some art supplies with my mrs, she then offered to get me this at the same time, despite my current dissatisfaction with Gemini Jets, who was i to say no!?
20181118_152003
Toss up between this and the Year of Zayed 380, since this will be current for longer, and with her approval (she didn't like the design of the other one) i got the new Expo 2020 stickered A380. As per usual with all EK official store models, it has no aerials unlike the retail models, however this time i had time to check to make sure it wasn't beaten up like the last one!
Inbound in a couple of days are part of my previous order, the retailer is waiting for the others to arrive from China.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:12 AM   #232
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

Excellent new arrival Daniel, feels better if it was unexpected...this was a better choice as I personally am not a fan of special liveries, which is why I went for this one instead of the Zayed one (A6-EUZ) while I was transiting in Dubai from Toronto this past summer...good decision! Like you said, this livery will last longer...glad to see no apparent faults with this one and glad you inspected it closely!!!
Old 11-25-2018, 05:32 AM   #233
A320 F/O

Quote:
Excellent new arrival Daniel, feels better if it was unexpected...this was a better choice as I personally am not a fan of special liveries, which is why I went for this one instead of the Zayed one (A6-EUZ) while I was transiting in Dubai from Toronto this past summer...good decision! Like you said, this livery will last longer...glad to see no apparent faults with this one and glad you inspected it closely!!!
Thanks mate! I'm more than likely going to pick up the Green A380 on my next trip to Dubai mall, then the Orange... And the blue... And then the 777's if and when they come!

New arrivals time! Part one of a couple of shipments, first in-stock batch were shipped out, a few NG models a JCW and a Phoenix preorder to come when they arrive in stock! Anyway, here goes!
20181125_111950
20181125_112119
First up we have this very pretty bird, the HiFly A380 9H-MIP by Phoenix, this is my first A380 from Phoenix and i have to say i'm shocked at how light it is, especially when compared to the Gemini version! And would you look at that GJ, it even has antennas! Very pleased to have her, she will shortly be joined by her sistership A330 coming from Phx next month!
20181125_113056
Next up we have the LOT 737MAX8 in the Polish independence livery, beautiful, absolutely beautiful! It'll compliment the regular liveried LOT 7M8 from last month very nicely!
20181125_112435
Next up is this gorgeous pair of MAX's from Icelandair, both TF-ICU and TF-ICY. Even though the colours may not be super accurate, i still love these and i'm so happy they've been released! They will be joining the GJ Icelandair 80 years 757 and whenever the next shipment arrives, a standard livery 757 and Hekla Aurora! Now let's hope NG get a 753 mould and put out another special Icelandair or two
20181125_113249
Next is the Bombardier CS... Ooops i mean Airbus A220-100 HB-JBA in Swiss livery, a model i've wanted for a while, though Herpa still need to perfect that landing gear, it's still a great looking model and just adds to the list of Euro short haulers in my fleet!
20181125_113324
Joining the A220-100 is the A220-300 HB-JCB again from Herpa, no issues other than the gear (although on both of the Swiss models there's a quite visible seam line on the engines from where they were produced, though nothing a craft knife and a delicate hand can't rectify. Another great model and the second CS300/A220-300 in my fleet.
20181125_113358
One more family photo!
20181125_114032
And the last for this update is the 1:200 Phoenix UTAir TU154, a free model which came as a promotion from the retailer, surprisingly a small aircraft, i had it pegged as more of a 757 sized aircraft and not 737 sized as is the case, i guess you learn something new every day! It has moveable flaps and came with the plastic stand you see there... Which required some shaving down to fit insto the stand hole and then promptly snapped off inside the model when i tried to remove it oh well, i wasn't planning to display it on the stand anyway.

That's all for this update, still to come are 2 757's and a 787 from NG, An A330 from Phoenix and a 787 from JCW whenever they come in stock... And then spend some more money next month when the JCW (and probably others) preorders get put up, Ryanair and Norwegian get in my collection!
Old 12-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #234
A320 F/O

Update time!

My inbound models have had a set back, unfortunately the retailer was unable to fulfill my order for the NG models Qantas 787 however i decided to just swap it out for the Air Canada A330 in the new colour scheme, i was planning to buy it anyway and i was given a gift voucher to cover the difference! Anyway, orders are as stands:

- NG Models Icelandair 757 standard scheme
- NG Models Icelandair 757 "hekla Aurora"
- JC Wings Norwegian 787 "Unicef" livery
- Phoenix HiFly A330-200 "Clean Seas"
- Phoenix Air Canada A330-300 new livery
- Phoenix Air Canada 777-200LR new livery
- Phoenix Wizz Air A321 "100'th aircraft" livery
- JC Wings Ryanair 737MAX8-200 (x2)
- Gemini Jets Air Canada 737MAX8
- Gemini Jets Westjet 737MAX8

They should be trickling in over the next few weeks/months!
Old 12-15-2018, 10:35 PM   #235
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

Ciao Daniel,

I'm looking forward to seeing those Canadian cuties in your fleet...
Is the "Aircraft ID" on this model A6-EUC or is it A6-EEK, as shown in the picture?

https://www.emirates.store/eos-store...4/c-120/p-5218
Old 12-16-2018, 12:11 AM   #236
A320 F/O

Quote:
Ciao Daniel,

I'm looking forward to seeing those Canadian cuties in your fleet...
Is the "Aircraft ID" on this model A6-EUC or is it A6-EEK, as shown in the picture?

https://www.emirates.store/eos-store...4/c-120/p-5218
I'm looking forward to them showing up too the expo aircraft is EUC, i don't think GJ even care what the reg is now since they just pump them out!

20181216_085412
Old 12-16-2018, 05:29 AM   #237
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

Great to see EOT and EER in the background, Daniel. Yeah, you're right, GJ don't care about the "Aircraft ID" at the moment. Whatever the Aircraft ID, one can always get it customized if the Aircraft ID clashes with an earlier release!
Old 12-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #238
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful models but the UTAir Tu-154 rules, she is a masterpiece!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:07 AM   #239
A320 F/O

Updates time! Picked up a parcel this morning with a mix of orders, still a lot more to come but here's what arrived!
20181230_084544
Icelandair 757-200 regular livery by NG Models... So beautiful! Very glad to have this one in my collection!
20181230_091930
Icelandair 757-200 Hekla Aurora livery, absolutely stunning! Truly truly beautiful! Glad i didn't bother with the old GJ one especially as this is more updated with the scimitar winglets, what is truly amazing is that NG have actually modelled the wingtip extension (behind the winglet) on the scimitar 757, unlike Gemini, which looks very dated, speaking of which...
20181230_092102
Icelandair 757-200 family! That GJ one is really looking old now, look how thick those wings are! Waiting on NG to release the 757-300 in Icelandair livery to complete the set!
20181230_085447
Air Canada beauty from Phoenix! Still don't like the engines but hey, at least the rest of it is pretty good!
20181230_091547
Another stunning Air Canada to add to my fleet, this A330 seems to be beased in Montreal flying to Europe a lot, the new livery is really growing on me! Also of note is that the eings are not bent down much compared to a lot of other Phoenix Airbus widebodies, hopefully the start of something new!
20181230_091450
20181230_092302
Finally the HiFly A330-200 CS-TQW "Clean Seas" a beautiful livery (although they got the engine colours wrong) and compliments my A380 very nicely! However...
20181230_090129
20181230_090125
This is how it arrived... Detached nose wheels and a very bent winglet, obviously happened in the factory but c'mon Pheonix, don't stoop to Gemini levels of quality control! I'm still in two mids whether to send it back, it would be a massive pain in the rear to ship it back to the UK from the UAE so i just put the wheels back on and very, very gently bent the winglet back into place (well, mostly, it's still a bit wrinkled) but i would like a perfect specimen. I'll speak to the retailer and see what we can do!

Two more additions, i have managed to order both of the Panda Easyjet A321NEO's! Arriving sometime in Jan/Feb. The rest will come whenever they come! Left to go are:

- Phoenix Wizz Air A321 "100'th aircraft" livery
- JC Wings Ryanair 737MAX8-200 (x2)
- Gemini Jets Air Canada 737MAX8
- JC Wings Norwegian 787 "Unicef" livery
- Panda Models Easyjet A321NEO G-UZMA
- Panda Models Easyjet A321NEO G-UZMB
- One surprise!

Last edited by daniel richardson; 12-30-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:55 AM   #240
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Some wonderful arrivals here Daniel - the two Air Canada's and the standard livery Icelandair B757 look very smart indeed.

- Cal.

Cal1736 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: