Daniel's collection and new arrivals - Page 11 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #151
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog
Re: Daniel's collection and new arrivals

What is the reg of your EK 77W? Mine is ECL
bahamut_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016, 09:24 AM   #152
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1736 View Post
Wonderful additions Daniel, and I hope you enjoyed your Birthday too!

I also own a 1:200 Emirates B777-300/ER and it is quite magnificent! About the 'United for Wildlife' liveries, do you have a favourite? I think the silhouetted livery is slightly better as it maintains the Emirates branding, although both are nice liveries.

- Cal.
Thanks, Cal! I have to say the silhouette is my favourite, it looks much less like a massive sticker over the rest of the plane! I've actually seen both versions in real life, and they're just as spectacular in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut_zero View Post
What is the reg of your EK 77W? Mine is ECL

This 1:200 version is A6-EGR and in 1:400 i have A6-ECK and A6-ECI which was the non-B version with the Pinky flag colouring (GJ released a "B" version GJUAE1018B with a corrected flag colour) however ECI is currently back in England... Come September the whole collection should be making its way out to the sandpit with me, although 2 years late!
daniel richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #153
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel richardson View Post
Thanks, Cal! I have to say the silhouette is my favourite, it looks much less like a massive sticker over the rest of the plane! I've actually seen both versions in real life, and they're just as spectacular in real life!
I'm sure they are! Any ideas how long these wildlife liveries are likely to last for? I'm tempted to added the silhouette version, but I don't like the idea of the livery being removed shortly after purchasing the model!

- Cal.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #154
A320 F/O

daniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobbydaniel richardson is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I'm sure they are! Any ideas how long these wildlife liveries are likely to last for? I'm tempted to added the silhouette version, but I don't like the idea of the livery being removed shortly after purchasing the model!

- Cal.
If you have the opportunity to get a hold of the silhouetted version, do it! No idea on longevity but dont expect them to disappear before years end!
Old 06-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #155
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

A long time for it to be complete. lols

I didn't know that issue before, maybe is because I didn't care much for EK models.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #156
A320 F/O

So i'm back in the UK on holiday for a few weeks, whilst here i got to unpack some fresh new arrivals!
All are from Hong Kong (demographerX eBay) unless specified!

First up is the Qatar A350 by Gemini Jets, little issue with the paint under the "Q" as you might see but nothing i can't live with!

Next up is the Ryanair Dreamliner livery Boeing 737-800

After reading some reviews of both the Phoenix and Gemini versions of the Thomas Cook A330, i settled on the Phoenix and have not been disappointed!

Meridiana MD80! I'm a big fan of the mad-dog and she's in the colours of a European carrier... Need i say more? A stunning model all round!

Etihad 787-9, beautifully made model, gorgeous colours, gorgeous mould, not a single flaw to be found!

Norwegian 787-9, the Phoenix version... I can't tell you how disappointed i am by Gemini's lackluster efforts to reproduce this model with a good degree of quality, so who better to turn to than Phoenix! Greta Garbo looking her finest emblazoned on the fin of this beauty!

Vueling A320, pre-ordered from Airspotters, gorgeous model and none of the issues pointed out by one of the fantastic model reviewers on the site! (hint hint)
And now for the Speedbird's... Brace yourselves!

British Airways 787-8 G-ZBJC, Gemini version bought from Airspotters for the princely sum of just 16! and that was brand new! I have no idea why the price was so low but i like it!

BA 777-200ER of the latest Gemini release (G-YMMR) simply stunning and the 3rd BA 777-200ER in the union jack colours in my collection!

And this is the 4th union jack 772 from BA! (G-YMME) in the "Flying Start" livery with a red nose... This is the JC Wings release and i just couldn't resist, what with them sharing Gemini's mould and all...!

Next up is G-STBG, a BA 777-300ER released not too long ago by Gemini! First in the official livery (i have the original release G-BAER in a semi-fictional paint scheme) and it's a true beauty to behold!

Rounding off this treasure trove of models is G-EUPB from Gemini, one small criticism with this one is that the "B" in the registration is in lower case on the port side... Other than that, it is simply gorgeous!
That's all from me for now, i have a few eBay items in the pipeline so you might see a few more before i return to the UAE!
Old 08-05-2016, 04:09 AM   #157
Triple-7 Fan

Cal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobbyCal1736 is a legend of the hobby

A nice selection of arrivals there Daniel, I particularly like the Meridiana MD-80!
Do you still have an airport to display your models? What is your current collection criteria?

- Cal.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #158
First Officer

It's a bit late, huh. Anyway, you have plans of adding quadjets?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #159
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Excellent new arrivals Daniel...my eyes lit up when I read "And now for the Speedbird's... Brace yourselves!" I was in two minds whether to buy the G-YMME (JC Wings) since PHX announced G-YMME (without the Red Nose) in their releases...Should I buy it???
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #160
A320 F/O

Quote:
A nice selection of arrivals there Daniel, I particularly like the Meridiana MD-80!
Do you still have an airport to display your models? What is your current collection criteria?

- Cal.
My collection criteria for short/medium hall aircraft is almost entirely European, with a few extras here and there (QR A320, ET 737 that sort of thing) and generally UK and outside long haulers. With regards to the airport, i have a few ideas in the pipeline but nothing until i go back to Dubai!

(i did have a picture of a trial layout that i drew on my table but alas, it'snot there!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut_zero View Post
It's a bit late, huh. Anyway, you have plans of adding quadjets?
I have a few quads, i want to add a few more BA 744's but theyre few and far between and often very expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Excellent new arrivals Daniel...my eyes lit up when I read "And now for the Speedbird's... Brace yourselves!" I was in two minds whether to buy the G-YMME (JC Wings) since PHX announced G-YMME (without the Red Nose) in their releases...Should I buy it???
It's absolutely up to you! Personally i'm very happy with the red-nosed version, something different to look at!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #161
A320 F/O

Further to Cal's earlier question regarding a model airport, some of you may remember that back when i had my airport, a self-made airline operated out using an Allegiant 757-200, a former Delta 737-300 and a JetsGo MD83... So here is my foray into making that airline a reality! The donor was the JetsGo MD83 which had both missing paint and blisters in what was there originally. I sprayed it with a glossy enamel paint and then hand painted the titles. As you can see that didn't go so well! I was unable to remove the cradle for the wings and so had to paint around them, the nose gear was already broken so i dared not remove that, just in case (i will rectify its current state at some point), the titles look as if they were painted on by a toddler and i may have gotten one or two finger prints in the tail colours. In future, i think i will just leave the aircraft a blank white and just decal over them, if i can work out how to print decals in the future i will give it a go again! I have an old 752 which was broken that has been painted, much more successfully as the wings were already detached! That one is currently white and awaiting a new nose gear if i can find one without having to cannibalise a complete model!

Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #162
A320 F/O

And here is the 757 which will only receive windows and doors at this point, decals may come in the future if i work out how to print my own!
Old 08-20-2016, 02:06 PM   #163
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Daniel, I'm finally buying the G-YMME (2 infact) and having the reg changed to G-VIIG and G-YMMK...
Old 09-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #164
A320 F/O

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Daniel, I'm finally buying the G-YMME (2 infact) and having the reg changed to G-VIIG and G-YMMK...
Awesome! Be aware, though, that the VIIx sries aircraft and G-RAES were delivered with GE90s, whereas the YMMx series were delivered with Rolls Royce engines! Would like to see them both in the customs section once they arrive!

Quick uodate on my end, I have two new models which arrived to my house in England, I'll give one hint for each.

- This model was built in the image of a former Olympian. You'll see her flying everything from short haul to long haul and everything in between!
- The airline with the biggest fleet in my collection. There are 38 sisters in all but this one has taken her retirement already. The quicker I finish my hours in the sandpit the more chance I have of achieving my dream to fly these four engined beauties!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:47 AM   #165
EmiratesTwoFourOneSuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel richardson View Post
Awesome! Be aware, though, that the VIIx sries aircraft and G-RAES were delivered with GE90s, whereas the YMMx series were delivered with Rolls Royce engines! Would like to see them both in the customs section once they arrive!

Quick uodate on my end, I have two new models which arrived to my house in England, I'll give one hint for each.

- This model was built in the image of a former Olympian. You'll see her flying everything from short haul to long haul and everything in between!
- The airline with the biggest fleet in my collection. There are 38 sisters in all but this one has taken her retirement already. The quicker I finish my hours in the sandpit the more chance I have of achieving my dream to fly these four engined beauties!
Yes Daniel. I will keep you all updated on my customs...I have loads of custom made BA B777s and B747s to arrive in the coming months...I have no clue on the 1st hint but the 2nd one has got to be the BA B747-400 G-BNLV and I hope you get to fly one, my friend!!! It is such a pleasure to fly IN one...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: