How are the current 1/400 models? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

JALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciatedJALPAL is appreciated
How are the current 1/400 models?

I have been absent from the hobby for about 12 years. I was collecting Dragon Wings 1/400 mainly of Japanese airlines and I loved them for their beauty and quality. Now I am returning to the hobby after retiring from a Canadian airline and I wonder what the new models from companies like JC Wings, Phoenix, etc are like. I think Dragon is not making 1/400 aircraft anymore - did anyone take over that line?

I have been looking at ebay and I have been two models so far which I thought were priced reasonably. I see some great models offered by a dealer in Hong Kong but the prices seem ridiculously high. Am I right?
JALPAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
First Officer

BWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dogBWIAfan is a top dog
Re: How are the current 1/400 models?

Well if 757's are what you are after, the NG Models mould is the best. This new company is knocking it out of the park with their releases month in and month out. Their new A330 mould is superb imo and they have more stuff coming down the pipeline. Phoenix 77W is still up there on my list and well, 747;s you just go with whatever GJ or JCW's release. The PHX 747 I would not touch with a 10ft pole. Everyone has a nice A350-900 and 1000. The 787 same thing. BIg Bird released this a year and a half or so I believe. May be one for you to go after as a reintroduction to the hobby!

How are the current 1/400 models?-s-l1600-7-.jpg

Last edited by BWIAfan; 06-29-2019 at 06:04 PM.
BWIAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
First Officer

klm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributorklm.b777 is a good contributor
Re: How are the current 1/400 models?

I have sold all my Dragon models because they were not up to date and Dragon was not going with the other companies to upgrade the mould.. So that is why I only collect from 3 companies, Mainly GeminiJets for the B737's and B747's and A320's family and sometimes smaller Props , Phoenix Models for the A380's and A350's and B777 Freighters, and ofcourse the new manufacturer NG with te superb mould of the B757 and upcomming B737 mould and others..

The price of NG is higher than the others but you pay for good quality..
There is also Panda Models but I think they should be a bit better in producing and shaping a good mould.

It all depends on what you like and what you have to spent for models..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: