Botched liveries on models... Do you have any? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:400 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-08-2016, 09:05 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

B727VC10 is flying under the radar
Botched liveries on models... Do you have any?

Let's see your ugly duckling photos!

So, yesterday at my Stanstill Intercontinental model airport, my Gemini Jets Braniff Jelly Bean 707-320C arrived to great fanfare and photos.

Today, I was looking at some of the photos that I had taken of the plane and noticed something very peculiar. The lettering on the portside fuselage said Braniff Internatioal (it's missing the last "n").

I did a few internet searches for that model to see if that had been a error from the factory and no, it wasn't, mine was the only one with that botch job. When I got home from work this evening I took a look at the starboard side and the misspelling of International was on that side also. I have no idea what happened on the production line for my model to be produced like that. With the black lettering on the green background, I never noticed the missing letter so I'm not going to make it bother me, and I'll love my ugly duckling just like the others.

Here is a photo of what the Jelly Bean 707 model should look like: http://yesterdaysairlines.weebly.com...44693_orig.jpg

Several models are released with absolutely horrific livery, engine pod, window placements, etc. and the manufacturers are rightly criticized on this forum for shoddy workmanship. Taking that into account, do any of you folks happen to have a plane in your collection that does not look like the factory production photos? But you love it anyway?

If so, lets see some of those photos posted!
Attached Thumbnails
Botched liveries on models... Do you have any?-stanstill-024.jpg  

Last edited by B727VC10; 08-09-2016 at 12:44 AM.
B727VC10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: