Too much? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:200 Scale Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Let's fly in style

itsedward is flying under the radar
Post Too much?

I've had people telling me I've collected a lot of planes already and (for them) it seems to crowd them. Honestly, I don't even think collecting 20 something models of 1:200 is too much. Tell me, when is it too much?

Last edited by itsedward; 08-27-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: revision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
RJ Second Officer

Darkside is flying under the radar
Re: Too much?

When you collect airplanes, you haven't ever enough... "Collecting" and "too much" don't go together ! ^^
Old 08-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
RJ First Officer

Airplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributorAirplane Wizard is an excellent contributor

Its probably too much in my opinion for 1:200 scale the moment you start to question how much money you have in your wallet Its never too much for things you love such as airplanes

Old 08-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Earning My Wings

EuroReisen is flying under the radar

Ummm, let's see. I currently have 92 models in 1:200 scale plus a wishlist of 36. My display case became too crowded so I did what any avid collector would do... I bought another display case this month! This is my hobby so "too much" doesn't fit into my thinking.

I used to have a large 1:400 collection but I sold them all (except the NE's and a few DL's) to afford the ever growing 1:200 collection.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 AM   #5
Collecting is addictive

ediandpen is flying under the radarediandpen is flying under the radar

too much is when you don't find space for the aircraft
Old 08-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
RJ Captain

c5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dog

Edward,

Well, in my humble opinion the answer lies in your question.

Who are "people"? Are they family or friends whose relationship you cherrish? When you write that it "seems to crowd them" could it be that it actually does?

We all have to find a balance between our needs and aspirations and those of the persons around us. This should not be conducted as a power struggle from either of both sides but as a negotiation or even a quiet understanding.

I firmly believe that the true value in life lies in relationships. Whenever anything material (like models) or immaterial (like time spent on a hobby) robs us of the joy of living in a good relationship, the joy it can give itself can never completely fill the void.

Good luck to you and let us hear how you fare.

Best regards
Christoph
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Let's fly in style

itsedward is flying under the radar

Thanks guys! I appreciate your insights. What I meant by 'people' are my family and some friends haha. With what you guys mentioned, it's true that you can never have "too much" for the things you love.

Anyway at this point I guess what they're all trying to say is I need to find some decent space for all those planes. Also, I'll do take note of getting a display case, EuroReisen. Haha

Thanks again and happy flying!
Closed Thread

Tags
1:200, collection, question

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: