Review - GeminiJets 250 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:200 Scale Discussion

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

tanveer is flying under the radar
Wings900 Review - GeminiJets 250

Hey guys, hope all is well. So after waiting 3 weeks, finally my new model has arrived. As the title says, it's the GeminiJets 250 Delta 737-800 model in the 1:250 scale.

I got this off HERE and paid $19.00 for the model + 19 for shipping so the total was $38.00. I thought this was an excellent price for this model, and that was the only reason I went for it, besides I wanted to try this series and see how the retractable gear feature works.

So here goes,

The Package:
The model arrived in a very well packaged box with lots of foam for added protection so +1 to Collectable Jets for that. Inside the box was the GeminiJets 250 box itself with the model in it, it was very well packaged with Velcro holding the thing shut. The model itself was secure between two plastic pieces and a small piece of tape holding it down. Overall the piece was very secure, but the box isn't as fancy looking as the 200 series from the same. So for this reason I give this packaging a 8/10.

The Model:
It's the Boeing 737-800 Series in Old Delta colours. The model is very accurate in terms of the shape and size of things, however despite being a 1:250 there are no additional features such as antennae, pitot tubes, satellite domes etc, BUT everyone of these details is painted on. The wing is very detailed with all slats, flaps, spoilers and aileron details very accurate. This model also has the emergency escape path indicators at the base of the wing and are very accurate. The engines have to be some of the best I have seen on any model, a perfect shape (the ever so slight flat bottom), good size fin and detailed N1 blades (static). The engine nozzle is also very detailed and is also painted slightly darker towards the end so give it a very authentic look. The tail section is all good with the trim line showing on the elevator. The APU section could be a bit more detailed in my opinion but does the job and has the exhaust in the right place. As we walkover to the starboard side of the model the air intake is painted on and is very detailed. The Paint job is also very good.

Problems:
Here are a few problems with the model, the biggest one are the gears itself. Now being a retractable model, I expected the nose gear doors to be towards the back of the wheel rather than the two swinging doors, the main gear is more realistic and looks good but the problem is that the main gears aren't able to support the models weight and collapse into the closed/retracted position on their own. This feature was the reason why I got the model in the first place and is now the biggest problem I have with it. The nose gear holds well, but can become hard to pry open once closed unless you have long nails (I would take this over them collapsing under their own weight). Unfortunately, this problem is quiet a big one so I decided to glue the wheels in place.
The weight and balance seems a bit off too, it's too tail heavy even the slightest bump or shake makes it go nose up. There also seems to be a slight rust like substance on the left engines outer side. Last to be very picky the right vertical stabilizer is every so slight at a higher angle than it's left counterpart.

Verdict:
All in all the model is a good one, however the landing gear issue is a big one and will deter me from buying another GeminiJets 250. That being said, I would still love to see models with retractable gears.

Thanks
tj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #2
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor
Re: Review - GeminiJets 250

Sorry, but we have an extra review section, so please let's check ANY review before made it... I'll contact Todd about this.
Closed Thread

Tags
250, 737, delta, geminijets

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: