Did you know ??? - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-10-2016, 08:10 PM   #46
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby
Re: Did you know ???

TUIfly callsign used to be Yellow Cab.

NY Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2016, 08:15 PM   #47
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankees View Post
Condor is owned by the Thomas Cook Group.
Eh, yeah, that's pretty well known. For a time they even had a combined livery, large blue Condor titles on the fuselage and the Thomas Cook logo on the tail.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #48
Bay Area Airports Fan

Yellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting started

During WWII, Qantas operated the PBY Catalina on flights between Perth and Ceylon (Sri Lanka), which lasted 28-32 hours. The flight was coined the "Double Sunrise" because the flight flew through two sunrises.

QANTAS DOUBLE SUNRISE | Qantas Founders Museum

They also operated B-24s:
Sydney Ops/Admin/Tower and QEA LB30 Liberator G-AGKU

Updated Daily! Bay Area Spotters
Yellow_Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #49
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

A BEA Trident 1 did Le Bourget-London in 27 minutes. The record still stands to this day.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:15 PM   #50
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobbyPT-TAA is a legend of the hobby

Leased from Air Atlanta Icelandic.

Leased from Aer Turas.

Transitional AA/TWA hybrid. Later all hybrids wore full AA livery. Ex-TWA PW engined 757s didn't last long on AA fleet, last one flew until 2007. Most ex-TWA 757s went to Delta.

This bird eye view of this DL 757 shows its origins, notice the black stripes (and of course the reg): this one comes from TWA! Interesting that unusual corroguard pattern.

Leased from South African, Varig own 747s were GE engined.

Part of an agreement between BA and USAir from 1993 to 1996, three 767-200ERs painted in BA Landor cs

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #51
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Jet2.com operated a sole B737-400 in summer 2006 on lease from Islandsflug.

bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 PM   #52
Captain

Eurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dogEurojet is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Time for another one (something for Eurojet somehow as well)

I only saw your post today, yep this one was LX-LGY sub-leased from Luxair to UTA
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #53
banned

NY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobbyNY Yankees is a legend of the hobby

First US built Airbus, it looks great.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #54
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

I wonder when Boeing will start churning out MAX's in Europe? The south of France would be quite a good place to start up.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #55
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
I wonder when Boeing will start churning out MAX's in Europe? The south of France would be quite a good place to start up.
Boeing already moved some of their assembly lines to South Carolina because of the workers unions in Washington state and our unions look like child's play compared to unions in France.

Quote:
In 2008, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, a union that represents much of Boeing's Washington workforce, had gone on strike for 58 days. Many credit these strikes with contributing to the embarrassing and costly delays involving the 787. Prior to the Dreamliner announcement, Boeing workers in South Carolina voted to disband their union.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #56
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Airbus: the Kyle Busch of the aircraft makers

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 05-18-2016 at 07:47 PM.
LeoMuse747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #57
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

As of April 7th of this year, Atlas Air Inc finalized a merger with Southern Air.

Perhaps an Atlas Air 777F is on the horizon?

Also Southern Air pilots are threatening to strike for reasons I don't know. That'll stir up some trouble for DHL.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 PM   #58
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
As of April 7th of this year, Atlas Air Inc finalized a merger with Southern Air.

Perhaps an Atlas Air 777F is on the horizon?

Also Southern Air pilots are threatening to strike for reasons I don't know. That'll stir up some trouble for DHL.
Sad to know this, I loved the Southern Air Jumbos
Old 05-18-2016, 10:00 PM   #59
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

I'm sad no one has released a Southern Air 747-400 in 1:400.

But considering Southern flies for DHL, it's entire fleet is dedicated to DHL, I'm sure nothing will change. There's routes the Southern 737s do that are too small for 757/767 and too big for feeder aircraft. And Southern gets its money worth out of the 777. I'm sure they're here to stay.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 AM   #60
Bay Area Airports Fan

Yellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting startedYellow_Ribbon is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
I was thinking just that. I'll still view the US-built babybuses as a European craft though, not quite American.

Updated Daily! Bay Area Spotters
Yellow_Ribbon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: