Did you know ??? - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #16
Second Officer

Irish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dog
Re: Did you know ???

While on the subject of World Airways MD-11s, here's one Aer Lingus leased in 2000.

Irish777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2015, 03:25 PM   #17
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish777 View Post
While on the subject of World Airways MD-11s, here's one Aer Lingus leased in 2000.

Oh yes, cant be forgetting that one now.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:40 PM   #18
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

SAS BAC 1-11. Not totally unknown, but also often overlooked.

But, to answer the title question, yes i did know the following:

LOT DC-10
Malev Il-62
Swissair BAC 1-11
Southwest 727
Lufthansa DC-8
Air India Il-62
Monarch DC-10
Monarch MD-11
Aer Lingus MD-11, heck, i even have the 1:500 scale model of it.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2016, 02:11 AM   #19
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Brussels Airlines leases this ERJ-145 from BMI-Regional for its three-daily rotation between Brussels and Bristol.

(Yes I know the picture doen not show that aircraft because it had to be removed by the W900 moderation team... Thank you guys...
Attached Thumbnails
Did you know ???-image.jpg  

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines

Last edited by Wingslover; 01-01-2016 at 07:32 AM.
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:02 AM   #20
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

When you want to show a picture from Airliners.net or Jetphotos.net please
always use the buttons to link to it.
For pictures from planespotters.net use the link code shown below the picture on planespotters.net
Detailed instructions can be found here: http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-s...hotos-net.html

Never upload pictures from these sites to other image hosters or wings900 directly.
Thank you
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #21
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

May I ask why?
Old 01-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #22
Second Officer

Irish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dogIrish777 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
May I ask why?
I think it's to give credit and views to the photographer
Old 01-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #23
Wings900 Team Member

Silverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobbySilverbird is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
I think it's to give credit and views to the photographer
right

furthermore
- this way we avoid copyright infringements (see terms of use on these sites). We have been forced to delete pictures from threads in the past.
- it is easier this way: why download a pic and upload it on another site when you can easily link to it
- it's more comfortable for the reader, he can decide if he wants to see the larger version of the photo (esp. mobile users) and on airliners.net he can also read additional details and remarks, click to see more pics of the same a/c if he's interested and so on.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:01 AM   #24
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
right

furthermore
- this way we avoid copyright infringements (see terms of use on these sites). We have been forced to delete pictures from threads in the past.
- it is easier this way: why download a pic and upload it on another site when you can easily link to it
- it's more comfortable for the reader, he can decide if you wants to see the larger version of the photo (esp. mobile users) and on airliners.net he can also read additional details and remarks, click to see more pics of the same a/c if he's interested and so on.

Ah right, just wondering, happy new year.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #25
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
In the early 2000s Monarch operated an MD-11 to support the DC-10 during the busy summer season whilst waiting for the A330-200s to be delivered, It flew in this interim livery, It was leased from World Airways.

was asked to remove pic for some reason and cant be bothered to upload again
I take it you mean N277WA Kestrel? N278WA also spent some time with Monarch but without the titles. Nice looking birds, and I believe the only 2 MD11's to ever operate for a UK carrier. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong! PS Take a look at the lovely collection of retro BA equipment in the background...1998 was pretty much the swansong of the BA Landor livery.

Here's another odd tri-jet for you. Aer Lingus - besides leasing an MD11 - also borrowed G-BBAF from Caledonian for Summer 1997 and it even visited LHR. I love the Lingus colourscheme and the Tristar so this was a perfect combo for me.

bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #26
Wings900 Team Member

happy new year
And now enough with the OT discussion.
In the year 2000 Lufthansa borrowed a 757-300 from Condor for a couple of weeks to test if it's usefull for high density domestic routes:

Lufthansa Testing The 757-300 Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
Old 01-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #27
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
happy new year
And now enough with the OT discussion.
In the year 2000 Lufthansa borrowed a 757-300 from Condor for a couple of weeks to test if it's usefull for high density domestic routes:

Lufthansa Testing The 757-300 Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
Interesting....that I didnt know. I knew about LH 767, but not 757.
Would have been nice addition to their fleet, also not completely illogical as 757 was successor of 727 more or less....
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #28
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

who knew about these 2 beauties ?

Old 01-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #29
Second Officer

Ryanair A320. Ryanair had agreed to lease A320s of GPA but the deal fell through.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #30
Captain

Quote:

Ryanair A320. Ryanair had agreed to lease A320s of GPA but the deal fell through.
That was in the very early days when they still flew their BAC's it seems...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: