Malaysia Airlines troubles. - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 08:43 AM  
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Malaysia Airlines troubles.

I think they shouldn't change the name... the name of a flag carrier is strong, changing it is something kinda risky. I agree about the livery, though.

I hope they don't change the name too drastically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 09:32 AM  
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I remember when Helios changed in Alphajet after the disastrous accident on the mountains of Greece: no future even with a new name.
Technically the two incidents aren't a Malaysia fault: one just disappeared and the other was destroyed by a missile. But personally speaking i would think a lot before to book a Malaysia Airlines flight!

Charter airlines lover
Old 07-30-2014, 09:45 AM  
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
But personally speaking i would think a lot before to book a Malaysia Airlines flight!
Why would you think a lot?
This thing you said right now is conflicting with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Technically the two incidents aren't a Malaysia fault
That's right. It wasn't their fault. This could have happened to Emirates, Lufthansa, BA, Air France...
If it's not their fault, then why ''think a lot''? The risk of die in a Malaysia plane is the same for the other airlines...

Malaysia is a very safe airline. I would fly with them anytime.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:04 AM  
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Because it is a kind of human reaction...an airline that in 4 months collected 538 dead is something of very strong as feeling.

Charter airlines lover
Old 07-30-2014, 12:58 PM  
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Well said Charter it's public opinion,look at what happened to Pan Am after Lockerbie...

1939 - 2011
Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM  
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Well said Charter it's public opinion,look at what happened to Pan Am after Lockerbie...
Pam Am was already in serious trouble before the Lockerbie bombing, they had an aging fleet that required more maintenance, increase cost in insurance, litigations.. is really what finished them off,not so much public opinion of the beloved Pan Am.
American and United both lost aircrafts on 9/11 and are still around, they also had help of the US gvt, I'm sure Malaysia airlines will get help from their gvt. And rightly so.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:47 PM  
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Pam Am was already in serious trouble before the Lockerbie bombing, they had an aging fleet that required more maintenance, increase cost in insurance, litigations.. is really what finished them off,not so much public opinion of the beloved Pan Am.
American and United both lost aircrafts on 9/11 and are still around, they also had help of the US gvt, I'm sure Malaysia airlines will get help from their gvt. And rightly so.
I was just using them as an example,if anything's going to finish an airline it's something like this...

1939 - 2011
Old 08-04-2014, 02:19 PM  
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
I was just using them as an example,if anything's going to finish an airline it's something like this...
Agree. For PA it was the nail to the already prepared coffin...strange though that Airlines like Swissair, KLM, Lufthansa, Air France or even SIA also had serious accidents....but it did not do much harm to their Image (at least not in the mid to Long term).

MAS is a very good Airline and I hate reading articles in the Newspaper from experts about Airlines which are already in Trouble....it seems often they enjoy bringing more Trouble to them pin pointing each Little bull**** and everyday Detail to the public.
The lesser informed crowd then gathers their Pictures and there you go....
Old 08-04-2014, 03:41 PM  
Master ATP Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Agree. For PA it was the nail to the already prepared coffin...strange though that Airlines like Swissair, KLM, Lufthansa, Air France or even SIA also had serious accidents....but it did not do much harm to their Image (at least not in the mid to Long term).

MAS is a very good Airline and I hate reading articles in the Newspaper from experts about Airlines which are already in Trouble....it seems often they enjoy bringing more Trouble to them pin pointing each Little bull**** and everyday Detail to the public.
Swissair collapsed not long after flight 111 crashed off Nova Scotia although that wasn't the sole cause and your spot on saying newspapers are a problem because a lot of people believe everything they read...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 08-04-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:33 PM  
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post

MAS has had troubles long before MH 370 and MH 17! It had been at the mercy of a government that played prestige games with its neighbours. It had many routes that had been unprofitable, and planes that had been too big to fill.

But like many prestige national carriers (e.g., Thai and the ME3), believe me MAS will NOT fail and will be rescued and kept alive in some form. After all, the pride of an entire nation is at stake. It is the national carrier (would your rather have Air Asia representing the best of Malaysia - not that there'e anything wrong with them, but you'd rather have something a bit more 'dressed up' vs a plain LCC). MAS's history stretches way back to the time of MSA up until the two nations and its airline split. MAS's demise will be a double blow to Malaysia - a failed flag carrier and the proven less successful sibling of SQ!

Don't get me wrong: despite the two crashes, I would gladly fly MH anytime! I have long known them to have a superior soft product (most of the time) compared to SQ. The FAs are always more cheerful, more outgoing (less stiff), and much more warm (less mechanical) compared to the other kebaya-wearing girls.

It would be sad to see them go, but I think it would be difficult for Malaysia the country to let go of its 'pride,' and rightfully so.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:30 PM  
The Dark Side

After 5 years from the tragedy of Malaysia Airlines MH17 flight, 4 people have been indicted for the murder of 298 inside the B777.
On July 17th 2014 a Malaysia Airlines B777-200, Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur route, has been shot down by a Buk missile near Krasnodar, close to Russia - Ukraine border. In 2014 the two countries were fighting for Crimea and, after the MH17 tragedy, the airspace has been closed to civil aviation.
298 people on board the B777-200, all dead.
Five years to know who launched the missile, if Russia or Ukraine: finally the Jit, Joint Investigative Team, led by the Dutch, identified three Russians and an Ukrainian separatist soldier, all responsible to have launched the Buk by a Russian missile launcher truck entered in Ukrainian territory and belonging to the 53rd Russian anti-air brigade.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: