Did Paramount Pictures license out the Star Trek fonts? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Second Officer

Jakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributor
Did Paramount Pictures license out the Star Trek fonts?

I don't know if it's ever been noticed by anyone, or if there's already been a thread about this; but Etihad uses the same trademarked font used for the Star Trek movie poster titles. I'm not talking about the new movie, but rather the Shatner-era movie poster title fonts. I was just wondering if Paramount sold the fonts (I have noticed these fonts in a few ads over the past few years), or licensed them out. I mean, the Etihad letters ARE the Star Trek fonts with a slight tweak here and there. It just seems odd that they wouldn't have come up with their own stylized logo/letters considering it is A MULTI-ZILLION DOLLAR AIRLINE!!!. Anyway, go take a look at your Star Trek dvd's or tapes to see what I mean, if you're not familiar with the fonts. These fonts are usually referred to as Galaxy/TMP Fonts. TMP is for "The Motion Picture".

Last edited by Jakfuki; 08-06-2009 at 02:51 AM.
Jakfuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Intercontinentaux

Re: Did Paramount Pictures license out the Star Trek fonts?

The font used by Etihad on their logo is definitely a modified version of the Galaxy series of fonts. I don't know if Etihad pays royalties to use it, but since their font is a modified version and the Galaxy series of fonts is widely available on the Internet, I would say no.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: