COVID-19: Airlines in administration, liquidation, bankrupcty etc due to COVID-19 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-23-2020, 02:26 AM   #1
Insane Lufthansa Fan

Swisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting started
Thumbs down COVID-19: Airlines in administration, liquidation, bankrupcty etc due to COVID-19

It will be like post 9/11 again.

Following per what I see and read

1. Flybe - 05.03.2020 - insolvent
2. SAA South African Airways - 18.04.2020 effective 30.04.2020
3. Virgin Australia - 21.03.2020 - voluntary administration
4. Air Mauritius 22.04.2020 - voluntary administration
5. LGW - 22.04.2020 - insolvent
Swisshansa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: COVID-19: Airlines in administration, liquidation, bankrupcty etc due to COVID-19

Air Italy - 11/02/2020 - liquidation

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: COVID-19: Airlines in administration, liquidation, bankrupcty etc due to COVID-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Air Italy - 11/02/2020 - liquidation
due to the Coronavirus outbreak?

Last edited by LeoMuse747; 04-23-2020 at 07:55 PM.
LeoMuse747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
due to the Cronavirus outbreak?
One of the many causes even if not the main.
Not only: due to Air Italy demise there are 5.000 less seats for USA and, along with Covid-19 pandemic, Milan MXP airport is declining in a dangerous way.
Just today there is a proposal, merge Air Italy with Alitalia!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 04-23-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:26 AM   #5
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
One of the many causes even if not the main.
Weren’t they already in big trouble before the outbreak?

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

CityJet and Interjet are also in serious trouble.

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:58 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Weren’t they already in big trouble before the outbreak?
Yes, like SAA and FlyBe.
The real problems of Air Italy were these:
1) a "war" among Meridiana-Eurofly and previous Air Italy employees (including pilots and cabin crews)
2) some long haul flights towards USA
3) uncertainty about flights to/from Sardinia
4) activity moved from Olbia (including maintaining) to Milan Malpensa
5) sudden illness of a great number of employees since the end of January (now we know they were already infected by Covid-19, like thousand of people in Italy having pneumonia since the end of December!)

Charter airlines lover

Old 04-25-2020, 03:06 AM   #8
Insane Lufthansa Fan

Swisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting startedSwisshansa10 is getting started

And now if the press is to be believed, Thai Airways looks in trouble as well.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:48 AM   #9
Earning My Wings

margotti is flying under the radar

This pandemic sure has brought major changes in our lifestyle.
margotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by margotti View Post
This pandemic sure has brought major changes in our lifestyle.
Ciao, welcome to Wings900 and thanks for sharing your comment.
Yes, i can't imagine how flying will be in the next months/year.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #11
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar
Avianca is also in trouble...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN22M0N1

And there have been rumours that Cathay Pacific Group is looking into restructuring plans, while a key move would be to ditch Cathay Dragon and transfer all short haul flights to HKExpress (which would be renamed as "Cathay Express").

Gosh...the aviation world is really tearing apart. I wonder how many airlines will survive!
Old 05-12-2020, 12:19 AM   #12
Insane Lufthansa Fan

Miami Air ceased
Old 05-12-2020, 12:21 AM   #13
Insane Lufthansa Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-HUF View Post
Avianca is also in trouble...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN22M0N1

And there have been rumours that Cathay Pacific Group is looking into restructuring plans, while a key move would be to ditch Cathay Dragon and transfer all short haul flights to HKExpress (which would be renamed as "Cathay Express").

Gosh...the aviation world is really tearing apart. I wonder how many airlines will survive!
More airlines will go bust in restart phase when the find themselves out of cash and government support. The grounding phase is still safe
Old 05-12-2020, 06:37 AM   #14
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Branson will sell his stock in Virgin Galactic to fund Virgin Atlantic.. But without any government support they'll likely go bust too..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #15
Insane Lufthansa Fan

Aviance Peru (formerly TACA Peru) in liquidation

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: