New SARS epidemic from China: airlines and airports. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
New SARS epidemic from China: airlines and airports.

Hello.
I think it is time to start a thread about this epidemic, the new SARS Coronavirus, unfortunately, deserves it.
About 180 dead and 8.000 infected, almost all in mainland China and Hong Kong.
Numbers are not sure, Hong Kong authorities said there could be 44.000 infected only in the State City...it is true that when there are these epidemic numbers change and with globalization it is difficult to check everyone moving from one part to another of the world.
SARS epidemic of 2007 was more deadly but less infectious: 800 dead with 5.000 infected, and we must say that China authorities of the year 2007 waited a very long time before to announce the emergency.
This time the contagion seems to came from the Chinese city of Wuhan, 11 millions inhabitants, it is not sure if the virus changed its RNA after passing from a snake or a bat (regularly eaten in China, along with cats and dogs...) to a human, but it is difficult to know the zero patient and how this virus infected a human coming from the animals.
Today this new virus is less deadly but much more infectious: less than 2.5% of dead.
What are airports and airlines doing to avoid a pandemic? Many: here in Rome, "Leonardo da Vinci" created a special "health corridor" for all the passengers arriving from mainland China and Hong Kong. Once at the gate, all the passengers are obliged to a check, temperature and eventual SARS related symptoms.
Italy is organizing the repatriation of the many Italian citizens working in China, some flight from FCO are deleted.
At the beginning, only China Southern Airlines to Wuhan was diverted to Canton, but now all Air China, Hainan Airlines, China Southern and China Eastern flights to Rome are checked and if necessary, because passengers with SARS-related symptoms on board, diverted.
Many airlines cancelled flights to China:
British Airways deleted flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until the end of February while the airline did not cancel flights to/from Hong Kong.
Iberia deleted all flights to/from Shanghai until the end of February.
Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Swiss deleted all flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until February 9th.
SAS deleted all flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until February 9th.
American Airlines deleted flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until March 27th.
United Airlines deleted flights to/from Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong until February 8th.
Air Canada deleted all flights to/from Beijing and Shanghai until February 29th.
Hongkong Airlines deleted all flights to/from Beijing, Shanghai, Nanchino, Haikou, Sanya, Tientsin, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guiyang.
Finnair deleted all flights to/from Beijing and Nanchino until March 29th.
Lion Air deleted all flights to/from mainland China and Hong Kong until February 29th.
Air Seoul deleted all flights to/from Zhangjiajie e Liny.
Air India deleted all flights to/from Shanghai until February 14th.
IndiGo deleted all flights to/from Changdu and Hong Kong until February 20th.

A Kalitta Air B747-400F has been used for the repatriation of about 200 USA citizens from Wuhan. All the passengers of flight K4371 landed at Riverside March Air Reserve Base, California, for check and quarantine.

At Civitavecchia Port, close to Rome, Costa Smeralda cruise ship is in quarantine with all the 6.000 people on board, because two Chinese citizens coming from Macao seems to have SARS related symptoms.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 01-30-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2020, 03:31 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
First two infected here in Rome: two Chinese tourists arriving from Wuhan landed on January 23rd at Milan Malpensa and then arrived in Rome.
They were staying at Palatino Hotel, the symptoms started two days ago but the two Chinese have been quarantined only yesterday.
The floor of their room has ben closed but many other tourists of the hotel abandoned it during the night coming back to their countries or going in other hotels of Rome and this is a serious problem, especially if they have been infected.

In the meanwhile Alitalia blocked (too late as usual) all flights to/from China until April 28th:
early this morning last two Air China flights from Beijing and Shanghai landed at Milan Malpensa, while Air China A330 from Hanghzou, Hainan Airlines A330 from Chongqing and China Southern B787 Guanghzou landed at Rome Fiumicino from 5 am to 6.30 am.
All passengers have been checked.
Italy is one of the countries with the largest Chinese community.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 01-31-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2020, 03:32 AM   #3
The Dark Side

The two Chinese tourist on board of Costa Smeralda seem negative to SARS; the 6.000 people on board can restart to breath normally...

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-31-2020, 05:25 AM   #4
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor
Re: New SARS epidemic from China: airlines and airports.

Singapore is banning anyone who has visited China in the past two weeks from entering.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:30 AM   #5
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

For all those who are (more) interested in the epidemiological data and want to trace the course of the current Novel Coronavirus outbreak I recommend: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:29 AM   #6
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor

Italy has now banned all flights from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.

https://twitter.com/JournoDannyAero/...371969536?s=20

Cathay Pacific have suspended their flights to Italy.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:41 AM   #7
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
Italy has now banned all flights from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.

https://twitter.com/JournoDannyAero/...371969536?s=20

Cathay Pacific have suspended their flights to Italy.
Too late!
You have two tourists infected by SARS in an hotel in the city centre and allow to a great part of other tourists staying in the hotel to go away?
Now who will check them if they are returning to their country or if they are continuing the journey in other hotels?
The two Chinese tourists arrived on January 23rd, six days of incubation, on 29th/30th the patology was full-blown: they had all the time to infect many other people sneezing, coughing, with droplets or just breathing!
So in my opinion the mistake was to continue to allow flights from China until yesterday: on January 23rd the infection was already spreading, all the flights had to be blocked before.

In fact, a news of few minutes ago: Italian Government declared the SARS a National Emergency for 6 months.
On February 2nd, maybe, an airplane will land at Wuhan to repatriate the Italian citizens blocked there.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 01-31-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 02:04 PM   #8
The Dark Side

An Italian Air Force KC767 departed from Pratica di Mare military base arriving at Wuhan for the repatriation of the Italian Citizens (about 80); tomorrow morning it should land at Rome Pratica di Mare, then the 80 citizens will be quarantined at Cecchignola military base.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-04-2020, 03:05 AM   #9
The Dark Side

56 Italian citizens are quarantined in a military base here in Rome.
They have repatriated from Wuhan with the Italian Air Force KC767

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-05-2020, 04:38 AM   #10
The Dark Side

At Rome "Leonardo Da Vinci" a thermal scanner is working: for all the flights landing at Rome FCO, from all over the world and not only China, all the passengers must walk along eleven "health corridors" and their temperature will be checked with thermal scanner.
If there are passengers with temperature over 37,5 C they are isolated, checked for Coronavirus and, eventually, quarantined.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-09-2020, 02:10 PM   #11
The Dark Side

Few days ago a Wamos Air B747-400 has been used to repatriate 80 British citizens.
The airplane landed in a UK RAF military base for the quarantine.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-11-2020, 05:54 AM   #12
The Dark Side

British Airways postponed the restart of flights to Shanghai and Beijing to April 1st.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #13
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Delta is among those who re-distributed capacity usually reserved for their China routes, sending 2 extra daily A350s to Amsterdam as well as a daily A330-900neo

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:41 AM   #14
The Dark Side

I don't understand why blocking all flights to/from China mainland when Chinese citizens can reach the countries with stop at Dubai, Singapore etc.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-13-2020, 10:15 AM   #15
The Dark Side

https://worldairlinenews.com/2020/02...e-coronavirus/

Garuda Indonesia grounded an airplane because of a passenger positive at Coronavirus (Bali - Shanghai flight).

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: