New SARS epidemic from China: airlines and airports. - Page 10 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #136
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: New SARS epidemic from China: airlines and airports.

Lufthansa: -1,2 billion euro
Norwegian: only 7 airplanes over 147 in fleet are flying (domestic flights) and the airline stated to eventually restart to fly in 2021. Norwegian asked 260 million euro cash to be saved.
easyJet: the low cost airlines asked 600 million pounds to Bank of England
Virgin Atlantic: Sir Richard Branson want to sell his 51% of the airline, while Delta (who ownes 49% of Virgin Atlantic) doesn't want to invest more money in Virgin Atlantic.
Air France-KLM: 10 billion euro asked to French and Dutch Governments to save the two airlines
British Airways: ready to fire 12.000 employees. IAG Group -13% revenues.
SAS: 5.000 employees already fired.
Many airlines are studying the action to remove the central seat in narrowbodies to maintain distance among passengers, while Mr. O'Leary (Ryanair) already said this is a "stupid" thing, because in an airplane it is impossible to maintain distance and because it is not a good method to avoid Covid-19.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 05-01-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #137
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Alitalia announced new flights to the Moon....
It is strange how, in all this disaster, someone of the Italian Government is already announcing a great restart for Alitalia 4.0 next June 1st!

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:11 AM   #138
The Dark Side

Ryanair ready to fire 5.000 employees.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-03-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:12 AM   #139
The Dark Side

Delta to retire its MD-88, MD-90 fleets in June

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #140
The Dark Side

Guardian: British Airways to cut Gatwick operation and lay off 1130 pilots

CNN: Ryanair to cut 3,000 jobs and 99% of flights grounded through June

Delta to require all customers to wear face coverings

Lufthansa’s CEO outlines the future, grounds its 14 Airbus A380s

Allegiant to provide personal health and safety kits to all passengers

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #141
The Dark Side

...and tomorrow, in Italy, there will be a partial re-open. I can't imagine what could happen with a "no attention to the rules" population as we Italians.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-04-2020, 06:17 AM   #142
The Dark Side

European Commission approves French plans to provide €7 billion in urgent liquidity support to Air France

This news opens to a completely new scenery, with all the majors (but not only) asking money and helps to EU.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-05-2020, 05:57 AM   #143
The Dark Side

After the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games even Dubai Expo 2020 has been postponed to 2021.
Sad but necessary news.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-06-2020, 08:29 AM   #144
The Dark Side

Bergamo - Orio al Serio Airport (also known as Caravaggio International Airport) reopened yesterday.
It is the third busiest Italian airport with about 13 million pax.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-09-2020, 11:46 AM   #145
The Dark Side

Some good news:

Lufthansa Group to put 80 aircraft back in the air starting on June 1

Swiss to increase its capacity in June

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-12-2020, 09:01 AM   #146
The Dark Side

Brussels Airlines takes substantial and indispensable measures to ensure its survival

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-13-2020, 03:33 PM   #147
The Dark Side

ANA - All Nippon Airways revenues -72% for 2020.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #148
The Dark Side

EU (or, better, the not-EU) is incredible: flights can restarts but they recommend passengers with mask and gloves and a distance of 1.50 meters from each other. But while mask and gloves are an obligation, the distance is just a "recommendation". And here problems start: Italy and Portugal don't allow flights without social-distancing among passengers (1.50 meters) while other countries don't care about it.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-22-2020, 04:34 PM   #149
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
EU (or, better, the not-EU) is incredible: flights can restarts but they recommend passengers with mask and gloves and a distance of 1.50 meters from each other. But while mask and gloves are an obligation, the distance is just a "recommendation". And here problems start: Italy and Portugal don't allow flights without social-distancing among passengers (1.50 meters) while other countries don't care about it.
While I agree that correctly wearing a mask is a good form protection (but should be complementary to social distancing) the recommendation to wear gloves is just ridiculous and unsafe. Vriuses stay much longer on gloves than on skin. Also, gloves give people a false sense of safety...

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:07 AM   #150
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
While I agree that correctly wearing a mask is a good form protection (but should be complementary to social distancing) the recommendation to wear gloves is just ridiculous and unsafe. Vriuses stay much longer on gloves than on skin. Also, gloves give people a false sense of safety...
You're right about the gloves. If the airplane is well sanitized and all the passengers have a hand-gel (their or provived by the airline) there is no need for gloves.
The other "insane" news is about UK: Boris Johnson wants a 14 days quarantine for all people coming from abroad! And what about tourism? If i want to go to London for a week end or for few days i must stay in quarantine?

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: