FlyBe situation thread. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
FlyBe situation thread.

Ciao.
I thought FlyBe is a too important airline to consider itsa sad situation in a general thread.
The airlines is struggling to survive despite in February 2019 it has been sold to Connect Airways, a consortium of Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Group.
Now there is the "storm" on the rescue of the airline: it seems FlyBe obtained a three months delay on the payment of Air Passenger Duty (100 millions UK Pounds), 100 UK Pounds millions of State loan and 20-30 UK pounds millions by the investors.
IAG Group filed a complaint to UE for State aids, even Ryanair and easyjet are complaining with the decision to help FlyBe rescue.
The airline is flying 71 airplanes:
6 ATR42/72
54 Dash 8-400
9 E170
2 E190

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2020, 07:42 AM   #2
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributorSandborgAirport is an excellent contributor
Re: FlyBe situation thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Ciao.
I thought FlyBe is a too important airline to consider itsa sad situation in a general thread.
The airlines is struggling to survive despite in February 2019 it has been sold to Connect Airways, a consortium of Virgin Atlantic and Stobart Group.
Now there is the "storm" on the rescue of the airline: it seems FlyBe obtained a three months delay on the payment of Air Passenger Duty (100 millions UK Pounds), 100 UK Pounds millions of State loan and 20-30 UK pounds millions by the investors.
IAG Group filed a complaint to UE for State aids, even Ryanair and easyjet are complaining with the decision to help FlyBe rescue.
The airline is flying 71 airplanes:
6 ATR42/72
54 Dash 8-400
9 E170
2 E190
The fleet you list is a bit wrong. The ATRs are operated by a blue Islands - a franchisee. They did operate some ATRs for SAS but I think they have gone to Nordica now.

The airline operates E175 no E170s. The 2 E190 are operated by Stobart and a short term lease I believe.

Flybe has been badly run for years and this is just Richard Branson getting the public to fund his businesses like hes done with his rail network in the UK.
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: