Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crash. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2020, 04:31 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crash.

An Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crashed soon after take off from Teheran Airport, 176 on board all dead.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ax4GVBvk79u8JG

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 04:38 AM   #2
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon
Re: Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crash.

Sad day for the aviation. RIP to all victims

Ukraine International Airlines Boeing 737-800, registration UR-PSR performing flight PS-752 from Tehran Imam Khomeini (Iran) to Kiev (Ukraine) with 167 passengers and 9 crew, was climbing through 8000 feet out of Tehran's runway 29R about 12nm northwest of the airport at about 06:18L (02:48Z), when the aircraft's transponder signals ceased. The aircraft was found in an open field near Parand, a surbub of Tehran, near the last transponder position (N35.52 E50.91). All occupants perished in the crash.

Crash: UIA B738 at Tehran on Jan 8th 2020, lost height after departure, engine failure
Old 01-08-2020, 04:44 AM   #3
Charter and regional

Danish Air Transport is flying under the radarDanish Air Transport is flying under the radar

Terrible!
I really can't stop myself thinking if this can have something to do with the crises between USA (it's a Boeing aircraft) and Iran, or if this is an accident.
They must be holding their breath at Boeing...

RIP to all those who lost their life. And thoughts to their families.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:51 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
This tragedy doesn't seem linked with Iran attack to USA bases in Iraq, maybe an engine fail.
The airplane was performing Teheran - Kiev route, on board the majority of passengers were Iranian.
Before to hit the ground the airplane parformed a dramatic turn but it seems it was already burning.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.

Last edited by Charter; 01-08-2020 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:38 AM   #5
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon

There is imagery showing projectile holes in the fuselage and a wing section.
Question is if they come from exploding jet engine or a missile?

(edit: correct me if I'm wrong but a projectile hole in vertical stabilizer coming from the engine debris seems rather unlikely...)
Attached Thumbnails
Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crash.-envkiecwwaaombo.jpg   Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crash.-envkiekw4amnuwp.jpg   Ukraine International Airlines B737-800WL crash.-envkiedxsaalmi0.jpg  

Last edited by pooohaty; 01-08-2020 at 07:01 AM.
pooohaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
The Dark Side

This was the airframe

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #7
The Dark Side

Just 3 years old this B737-800WL and Kiev starts to speak of "terrorism" or maybe somerhing linked to a surface to air missile.
I am sure at Boeing everyone thinks to a "missile" cause because, after B737 MAX tragedies, a 3 years old B737NG engines fault would mean yet another disaster.
R.I.P. to all the victims.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-09-2020, 07:51 AM   #8
The Dark Side

https://worldairlinenews.com/2020/01...was-shot-down/

I am sure this is going to be another mystery, Iran will not give the black boxes to Boeing and USA and Ukraine and Iran will check what happened to the airplane.

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-09-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
lightsaberoperator

Worst of all, this tragedy became part of the world's political game and everyone will want to win something using a human misery.
I don't expect a truly independent, reliable and objective investigation of its causes...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukrain...issile-debris/
Old 01-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #10
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooohaty View Post
Worst of all, this tragedy became part of the world's political game and everyone will want to win something using a human misery.
I don't expect a truly independent, reliable and objective investigation of its causes...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukrain...issile-debris/
You're right my friend.
The last announce is "a missile can't be excluded" and it says all.

Charter airlines lover

Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM   #11
RJ Second Officer

SandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributorSandborgAirport is a good contributor

Iran has now admitted that it shot the plane down. https://twitter.com/hassanrouhani/st...423823872?s=21
SandborgAirport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #12
The Dark Side

"Own goal" for Iran, this late confirm of what everyone imagined and then, knew, makes Iran far from being a worthy of trust country.
Sad story, especially for the killed and their families. I imagine that it is intolerable to "accept" to die for an airplane accident, but even more intolerable to "accept" to die because of someone launching a missile against a civil airplane.
And, if i am not wrong, this is the 8th airplane shot down by a missile in about 45 years:

1973 Libyan Arab Airlines B727 shot down in Egypt by Israeli fighters, 108 dead
1980 Itavia DC-9 shot down in the Mediterranean Sea (over Ustica) by a missile launched during a battle among Libyans and NATO fighters, 81 dead
1983 Korean Air B747-200 shot down over Sakhalin Isle by Soviet fighters, 269 dead
1988 Iran Air A300 shot down by a missile launched by US Navy Vincennes, 290 dead
2001 Sibir Airlines Tu-154 shot down by Ukrainian missile, 78 dead
2007 TransAviaexport Airlines Il-76 shot down by a missile, 11 dead
2014 Malaysia Airlines B777-200 shot down by a missile over Crimea, 298 dead.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: