Should Boeing develop a B757neo? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Should Boeing develop a B757neo?

The question is: should Boeing develop a B757neo?
After the disaster of the B737 MAX, and all the victims, what should Boeing do?
Continue with the development of the "NMA-New Midsize Airplane" or start a fast update of the immortal B757?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Should Boeing develop a B757neo?

They should have done it ages ago. Now it's too late. I've also heard the tooling was destroyed, so Boeing cannot restart the 757 production.

If they had launched the updated 757 back in 2007, with EIS in 2012ish, things would be so different.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Boeing has the NMA on paper, the New Midsize Airplane: it would be able to fill the gap in the middle size market, from 225 seats and 9.300 km of range to 275 seats and 8.300 km of range.
Unfortunately Boeing misses of an airplane like the A321neo, once the B757 will be phased out.
The B737 MAX, apart from the disaster linked to the software flaws, is not a good competitor because even the MAX8, with 200 passengers, can't compete with the A321LR/XLR range.
The A321LR can arrive to 7.400 km, the XLR to 8.700 km, something impossible for the mere 7.100 km of range of the MAX8.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.

Old 12-27-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
Charter and regional

Danish Air Transport is flying under the radarDanish Air Transport is flying under the radar

I think it is too late as well. They should have done it 10 years ago. And instead of using an airframe from the 60's they should have developed a completely new aircraft the size of the 737-800 to 757-200.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The new proposed NMA comes slightly too late, but Boeing's offering is more of a 787-lite than a 757 of some sorts.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:58 PM   #6
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

They should first try to fix that bloody MAX before building new jets...

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
They should first try to fix that bloody MAX before building new jets...
I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing at the moment...
Old 12-27-2019, 06:17 PM   #8
The Dark Side

About the MAX i think Boeing already fixed everything but there is too much fear to restart the flights.
Maybe they are checking every bolt but i think there is a dramatic fear: what would happen if the updated/renewed/adjusted MAX would crash again?

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: