Raining pieces of B787! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Raining pieces of B787!

Yesterday some houses rooftops and cars parked in the town of Fiumicino, few kilometers from Rome "Leonardo da Vinci" airport, have been damaged by several pieces of a Norwegian B787 falling like rain.
The Norwegian B787 took off for Los Angeles and, during the climb, some small parts of the airplane fallen down, hitting houses and cars.
Luckily no people have been injured.
It seems these are pieces of one engine and, falling down, they have become like bullets.
The Norwegian B787 safely landed at FCO airport.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
RJ First Officer

captainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributorcaptainflynn is a good contributor
Re: Raining pieces of B787!

Interesting. How did that happen I wonder?
captainflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:16 AM   #3
lightsaberoperator

pooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast iconpooohaty is a diecast icon

It looks like fragments of turbine blades.
Good that no one was hurt.

BTW. At first glance I have read the title: Rising prices of 787!

Old 08-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
Second Officer

N3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobbyN3424V is a legend of the hobby

Wasn't this the problem with the Rolls engines?

24V
N3424V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Really incredible.
After the "poor" B737 MAX8 now even the B787 is "falling in pieces"...

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #6
The Dark Side

In addition to lithium batteries, the other major problem for the B787 was the rapid deterioration of the blades of the RR Trent 1000 engine.
For the Norwegian B787 flight DY 7115, a bird strike has been excluded so the Civil Aviation Authority is focusing the activity on the engine.
In April 2019 Singapore Airlines grounded two B787-10 because of the too rapid deterioration of the RR Trent 1000 blades.

Charter airlines lover

Old 08-13-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
Second Officer

getifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobbygetifero is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Really incredible.
After the "poor" B737 MAX8 now even the B787 is "falling in pieces"...

The correct title of this thread should be »Raining fragments of Norwegian Rolls Royce Trent 1000 blades«. It’s not a primary 787 or Boeing issue. It’s an issue firstly identified in RR Trent 1000 powered ANA jets 2016 caused by corrosion due to flaking of protecting coating. Perhaps maintenance procedures were not met. After a too ambitious fleet expansion Norwegian financial situation is tense and in addition it suffers from the 737 MAX 8 grounding. We will have to await the investigations by Italy’s aviation safety agency.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: