Ukrainian 707 in 2011?? - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-06-2019, 08:39 AM   #1
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Ukrainian 707 in 2011??

Looking through a comment section on a Facebook post, I stumbled upon one comment saying that the author had flown on a 707, supposedly on a Ukraine International flight, from Kiev to Helsinki back in 2011.

It gets weirder, however, as the plane was supposedly "found" after a 4h delay.

Now, I've only done a small bit of searching on Google, but so far I can't find anything. As far as I'm aware, at least, no Finnish or Ukrainian airline has ever operated Boeing 707's. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the only passenger 707's still flying then Iranian?

Does anyone have any possible explanation for this, apart from misidentification of an A340?
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: Ukrainian 707 in 2011??

As far as I know, Ukraine International Airlines have never operated a 707, and I believe most of the ex-USSR countries might have never operated it either, because there would be a Russian aircraft counterpart for them.

Back in 2011, UIA already had 737NG. Definitely they didn't have a 707...
Maybe it was a Finnair A340
Old 07-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Well, the author claims that the livery included blue and yellow, so that would exclude Finnair. Another commentator speculated that it might have been an Il-86, but they were already banned in EU airspace by then, right? So that would've prevented landing in Helsinki, or anywhere in Finland for that matter.

I've also looked through the known registrations of all Il-86's built, and none are known to have worn Ukrainian markings.

Furthermore, the original author also said, after I created this thread, that he thought it might have been a governmental aircraft. With seats like an old train.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:53 AM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Furthermore, the original author also said, after I created this thread, that he thought it might have been a governmental aircraft. With seats like an old train.
Maybe it was the IL-62
Old 07-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
Red Eagles!

That is the only aircraft I can think of that fits the description and timeframe, but... I don't think that would be used for commercial flights, even in an aircraft shortage. Plus, I would think that a governmental aircraft would have better seats than that.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #6
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

https://www.flickr.com/photos/infini...nd/16843610866 ?

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #7
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post

Either this guy was drunk or he is an amateur...how can someone mix up a 707 with A340...and even if he doesnt have too much clue of aicraft, then how the heck did he conclude it is a 707.

Those are the experts gettiing interviewed when planes crash, but they cant differientiate between Aero Lloyd and Aeroflot
Speedbird 001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Either this guy was drunk or he is an amateur...how can someone mix up a 707 with A340...
Funny thing is that it was in an aviation group.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: