United Airlines new livery - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #1
First Officer

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
United Airlines new livery

Maybe not new....

Not sure I like that idea. Though I never liked the letter font in Addition to the livery. They should have kept the Continental font.

https://airlinerwatch.com/united-air...very-in-april/
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: United Airlines new livery

Bring back the Saul Bass or Battleship
Old 03-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
RJ Second Officer

United 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributor

This is going to make my collection a bit jumbled I hope that it's something simple, but am also excited to see the changes.
United 752 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2019, 07:20 PM   #4
Only I didn't say Fudge..

United930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast icon

I'm nervous...quite nervous!

However, according to Munoz, it's an “evolution, not a revolution”. Of course that same argument could have been used by Lufthansa and look how that turned out!

Time will tell...

I don't want to see the Tulip...I just don't and frankly we won't. Just as well anyway as it would feel like taking a step backwards...

As a heritage livery it would be lovely to see of course...
United930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
Second Officer

klm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciated

I hope they will make a beautiful livery, but I think there will be a lot of white in it..
Old 03-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #6
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Lots of liveries have become worse lately on the rebranding, but there have been examples of good rebrands too.. Am I the only one that actually liked the United/Continental livery?
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
Only I didn't say Fudge..

United930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast icon

No...you're not. In fact I quite like it a lot!

I wrote a small essay on this topic recently titled "Making a case for 'The Globe'" in the "General Squawk Talk" section.

See what you think...
United930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:48 PM   #8
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

I like the Globe livery, but it was better when it had "Continental" on it.

However, it is inferior to the liveries United had, in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #9
RJ Second Officer

United 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributorUnited 752 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
I like the Globe livery, but it was better when it had "Continental" on it.

However, it is inferior to the liveries United had, in my opinion.
I actually preferred the Globe with United titles, especially the all caps. Not sure how much they will change it, but eagerly awaiting. I
m sure that when they reveal, this thread will become a referendum on the livery. Also, United as a company has many other things to be focusing on, like the rollout of new Polaris seats, 777-200 still only halfway done, no dates yet on 788 and 789, which operate United's longest routes, or the 764, which operates some of the more competitive routes, like New York to London, etc, let along the 757-200s (we'll see what they do for these, it's kind of hard to fit the new seat into a narrowbody, but still hoping for some sort of refresh, as these traffic the transcon routes that are highly competetive). On the other hand, perhaps new branding will inspire more consistent cabin service/ aircraft upkeep.

Last edited by United 752; 03-10-2019 at 11:34 PM.
United 752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

The "new livery" will be revealed on April 24th. According to the airline it will be an "evolution" and not a "revolution": a statement of united says that thie "new" livery will never be like the too many "boring Eurowhites".
This pic is on the web and the globe on the tail seems very similar to the "speculation" on the image below the real photo.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 04-17-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #11
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

The first image is a MAX 8 for Air Italy. The second image has been confirmed as fake.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #12
Second Officer

klm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
The first image is a MAX 8 for Air Italy. The second image has been confirmed as fake.
Air Italy is with green and red stirpes..
Old 04-18-2019, 10:42 AM   #13
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm.b777 View Post
Air Italy is with green and red stirpes..
Not any more. It’s now purple and turquoise.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #14
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

It is not a fake, it is just a studio design. This image is turning in the various websites because it could be the nearest to the reality...Everything before Aprl 24th could be called "fake" of course!
Maybe someone could think to a United-Alaska Airlines merge.

This is the Air Italy MAX8 livery (and tail)...not really the same tail of the first pic:

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 04-18-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:00 PM   #15
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
It is not a fake, it is just a studio design. This image is turning in the various websites because it could be the nearest to the reality...Everything before Aprl 24th could be called "fake" of course!
Maybe someone could think to a United-Alaska Airlines merge.

]
https://onemileatatime.com/united-airlines-new-livery/

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: