British Airways Reveal BOAC Retro Livery on the 747 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby
British Airways Reveal BOAC Retro Livery on the 747

Absolutely stunning.

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #2
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: British Airways Reveal BOAC Retro Livery on the 747

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!!!
One of the best looking retrojets, together with Lufthansa 747-8 D-ABYT, Condor 767-300ER D-ABUM and TAP A330-300 CS-TOV.
Can't wait to see the other 2 Jumbos (in Negus and Landor).
Old 02-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #3
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!!!
One of the best looking retrojets, together with Lufthansa 747-8 D-ABYT, Condor 767-300ER D-ABUM and TAP A330-300 CS-TOV.
Can't wait to see the other 2 Jumbos (in Negus and Landor).
Apparently three more are planned. Personally I hope the fourth one isn't a BEA as BEA never operated 747s. I know this is a reach, but I would like to see the Chelsea Rose return...

Old 02-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #4
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
Apparently three more are planned. Personally I hope the fourth one isn't a BEA as BEA never operated 747s. I know this is a reach, but I would like to see the Chelsea Rose return...
Yes, two other Jumbos (Negus and Landor liveries) and an A319 (BEA).
Old 02-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

Absolutely love it my friend, super amazing, can’t wait for the other 3 to be painted in retro liveries. Herpa to announce it later in the year? Could be...
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
Take Me Back

I was lucky enough to catch G-CIVB at YVR. Sadly, I was shooting on black and white film at the time for a photo class project, and to make matters worse, my tripod was shaky, and I used too slow a shutter speed.

Here are some better shots of the retro jets from anet:

G-CIVB

G-BNLY:

G-EUPJ

It does make me sad that all of the retro jets have a very limited time left at BA.

Last edited by DutchCollector; 05-20-2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Image sizes
Old 05-20-2019, 03:41 AM   #7
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Four years isn't very limited.

And why the humongous photos again? It totally screws the page layout.

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:14 AM   #8
Take Me Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
Four years isn't very limited.

And why the humongous photos again? It totally screws the page layout.

Apologies, I scanned the negatives at a high res and I am not sure how to shrink them. I keep forgetting Wings doesn't automatically resize. I used imgur to make the black and white photo smaller. It should be fixed now.

Last edited by Speedbird 48; 05-20-2019 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:58 AM   #9
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

There we go, image sizes now corrected.

Shame you didn't have a better camera ready, but still nice to be able to see the BA retros in person.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #10
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobbysolicitor82 is a legend of the hobby

I love all 4 Retro liveries but my favourite has to be the Landor G-BNLY. Why??? Because, I was 5 when the first BA B744 was delivered in 1989 (G-BNLC) in Landor livery and have been inside many BA B744s wearing Landor livery and I've grown with it...I started liking BA because of the Landor livery hence, it is a bit more special. Don't get me wrong, I love the other 3 too but, I'd choose Landor as my favourite!!! Since I have all 57 registrations, neither of the special liveried British Airways B747s would land in my fleet, sadly!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:50 PM   #11
Take Me Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
I love all 4 Retro liveries but my favourite has to be the Landor G-BNLY. Why??? Because, I was 5 when the first BA B744 was delivered in 1989 (G-BNLC) in Landor livery and have been inside many BA B744s wearing Landor livery and I've grown with it...I started liking BA because of the Landor livery hence, it is a bit more special. Don't get me wrong, I love the other 3 too but, I'd choose Landor as my favourite!!! Since I have all 57 registrations, neither of the special liveried British Airways B747s would land in my fleet, sadly!!!
Hey, nothing wrong with having a couple duplicates!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: