...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery? - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #76
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog
Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?

I see that they retained the name on the 1st door of Brandenburg.

It's okay. It's not something that I would really rave out. As I have said at the back, the yellow could be inserted on the lining of the tail to the bottom and blue engines could have worked.

The tail portion is fine but the front, it's too bland.
bahamut_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #77
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
I'd like to see someone photoshop those engines blue like the tail and see how that compares to reality.
Bingo!! Could lift the appearance of the front
Old 02-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #78
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

Someone on Anet did a blue engine version last week.
Attached Thumbnails
...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?-dlh.jpg  

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #79
Admin

furryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobbyfurryforest is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
Someone on Anet did a blue engine version last week.
I do think that makes quite a difference.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #80
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
If you cover the tail with your hand, it looks like they chartered an aircraft to expand their capacity for the summer...
I absolutely cannot unsee this. Goddamnit Budgie, you ruined their livery even before the designers ruined it.
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #81
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

That's....terrible.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:03 PM   #82
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

I agree that the version with blue engines look better, but still look bland... and now remind me of the United Charter 747-400

This Lufthansa livery is terribly bad in my opinion.
What a way to ruin a corporate image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solicitor82 View Post
Please tell me you're joking, my friend, this can't be true Leo!!!
Yes, it's a joke... I was making fun of this minimalist trend of nowadays. I hate it.
Lufthansa now joins Finnair, Japan Airlines, China Eastern Airlines and others who basically decided to ditch their great liveries in favor of uninspiring and dull images.

Planes are now nothing more than titles + logo.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #83
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

I do agree that the blue engine somewhat eases the look of the livery to somewhat passable. But I think we are all missing the color yellow in the livery.
There should be at least some hints of that yellow in the livery.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #84
Admin

What's the obsession with yellow? I don't mean that neagtively but a lot of people are hung up on it. Is there a particular link between yellow and Lufthansa?
Old 02-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #85
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
What's the obsession with yellow? I don't mean that neagtively but a lot of people are hung up on it. Is there a particular link between yellow and Lufthansa?
Yes, it's basically Lufthansa's color and have been present on the livery since the 1950s!
Old 02-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #86
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Honestly whilst it is a huge loss for the company, I could live without the yellow, what really irks me is the total lack of balance in the paint scheme. Dark blue, silver, and white are not a bad combination, but the way Lufthansa did it is just awful. There is no balance whatsoever. Literally the only color is on the tail. Plain and simple the livery sucks. I think I will try my hand at Photoshop and see what I can do. Maybe extend the blue so instead of wrapping around the fuselage it makes a sort of bubble just before the upperdeck?

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:29 PM   #87
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

I combined a couple ideas I saw on Anet, I think this looks half decent

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #88
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Personally think the yellow stripe on the vertical tail fin is a misfit on that one, but I really like that livery apart from that!
Check out my Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html

Not Looking for a Sky500 Jet Airways 777-300ER anymore! They kinda went bankrupt..

Also check out my photos on Planespotters.net!

Planespotters.net - Aviation Photos, Production Lists and more
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #89
First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryforest View Post
I agree with leo that it is part of the identity of Lufthansa, just like with BA's speedbird and Philippine Airlines's tricolor and sun.

It's like a part of the soul of the airline. I'm getting cheesy here.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #90
First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
I combined a couple ideas I saw on Anet, I think this looks half decent

Nice photoshop my friend! I could live with the silver crane as long as there is a yellow stripe on the tail.

I see that they did not include the website on the tail which was on ABYA before.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: